Originally Posted by Direckshun:
My own personal power rankings:

1A. Howie Roseman, Eagles
1B. Brett Veach, Chiefs
2. Tom Telesco, Chargers
3. John Lynch, 49ers
4. Eric DeCosta, Ravens
5. Brandon Beane, Bills

Only thing that, to me, gives Roseman a whisker of an advantage over Veach is that Roseman basically built that entire Chiefs team, with very few exceptions.

Veach built this entire Chiefs team, but he wasn't the triggerman on its biggest pieces, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and Jones. That's not a disadvantage to Veach, it's just an extra edge that Roseman gets.
Good lord...
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:42 PM 02-26-2023
My own personal power rankings:

1A. Howie Roseman, Eagles
1B. Brett Veach, Chiefs
2. Tom Telesco, Chargers
3. John Lynch, 49ers
4. Eric DeCosta, Ravens
5. Brandon Beane, Bills

Only thing that, to me, gives Roseman a whisker of an advantage over Veach is that Roseman basically built that entire Chiefs team, with very few exceptions.

Veach built this entire Chiefs team, but he wasn't the triggerman on its biggest pieces, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and Jones. That's not a disadvantage to Veach, it's just an extra edge that Roseman gets.
Are you counting off-season championships in your rankings?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:50 PM 02-26-2023
If you want to talk triggermen on the drafts that got them here, then Andy Reid runs the NFL. No way does Roseman draft all of those fatties that made up over half of their Super Bowl captains without Reid’s input. It’s crazy to think that Reid had a hand in drafting probably 3/4 of the Super Bowl captains in this years big game.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:52 PM 02-26-2023
Veach won a SB with a QB consuming it he highest % of cap space ever. And he was instrumental in the Chiefs drafting Mahomes.

He’s #1 and it isn’t particularly close.

Roseman not only traded up for the Ginger team killer, he extended him.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:11 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Veach won a SB with a QB consuming it he highest % of cap space ever. And he was instrumental in the Chiefs drafting Mahomes.

He’s #1 and it isn’t particularly close.

Roseman not only traded up for the Ginger team killer, he extended him.
Roseman's biggest miss is probably Reagor over Jefferson.

He's still a great young GM though, and like Veach, has learned from mistakes.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:12 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Roseman's biggest miss is probably Reagor over Jefferson.

He's still a great young GM though, and like Veach, has learned from mistakes.
He does cut his losses, at least.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:17 PM 02-26-2023
Imagine if the Eagles went Metcalf over Arcega-Whiteside and Jefferson over Reagor.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:19 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Imagine if the Eagles went Metcalf over Arcega-Whiteside and Jefferson over Reagor.
They don’t draft the slim reaper or trade for AJ Brown.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:20 PM 02-26-2023
They don’t draft the slim reaper or trade for AJ Brown.
Those 2 are better. Much better.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:24 PM 02-26-2023
Those 2 are better. Much better.
What if the Chiefs drafted Mark Andrews instead of Breeland ****ing Speaks.

We could do this hypothetical masterbatory exercises all day.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:28 PM 02-26-2023
What if the Chiefs drafted Mark Andrews instead of Breeland ****ing Speaks.

We could do this hypothetical masterbatory exercises all day.
Well, the thread has evolved into a debate about the GMs in the NFL and their misses. So that's what we're discussing. Honestly shouldn't have expected much from the dumbass who's only known for writing fanfic about himself traveling to Belize with his made up girlfriend but I still sort of expected you to be able to at least follow the thread.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 02:31 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I was just reading through about to mention Justyn Ross. That's a great under the radar one.
Remember that Justyn Ross was WR1 on a Clemson team with Tee Higgins, Hunter Renfrow, and Amari Rodgers also in the receiving room...AS A FRESHMAN.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:55 PM 02-26-2023
Well, the thread has evolved into a debate about the GMs in the NFL and their misses. So that's what we're discussing. Honestly shouldn't have expected much from the dumbass who's only known for writing fanfic about himself traveling to Belize with his made up girlfriend but I still sort of expected you to be able to at least follow the thread.
That’s cool.

I’m sure your wife places in best pig contests after you give her a milk bath.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:34 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Remember that Justyn Ross was WR1 on a Clemson team with Tee Higgins, Hunter Renfrow, and Amari Rodgers also in the receiving room...AS A FRESHMAN.
I'm not counting on anything from Ross, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he became a really good player.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:51 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
You'll get no argument from me.

He inks Pat to that long term 2nd contract and then immediately wins a SB. When it's harder and more expensive.

Then cuts the teams most explosive weapon, rebuilds the defense, and drafts 10 rookies that contribute heavily. Wins SB in rebuilding year. IN REBUILDING YEAR 1. Has team set up to draft 9 more players the following year.

I don't know what the absolute perfect things for a GM to do would be but Veach is clearly the closest to that I've ever seen...
[Reply]
Page 95 of 112
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Up