ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 107
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:21 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Thug is a loaded word that at the moment means "black criminal". When was the last time you heard of a white thug? Maybe in the future thug will go back to being race-neutral and not a big deal.

Rappers use it for the same reason they use the N-word: to take ownership of it, and also to try to sound badass.
When I hear the word I tend to think of some hulking mob guy. Or Bill Romanowski. All white guys.

I guess I’m behind the times.
[Reply]
srvy 11:02 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Thug is a loaded word that at the moment means "black criminal". When was the last time you heard of a white thug? Maybe in the future thug will go back to being race-neutral and not a big deal.

Rappers use it for the same reason they use the N-word: to take ownership of it, and also to try to sound badass.
It was pretty common into the 80s to call Mafia thugs till they were neutered by the FBI. This would be a good use of the FBI now to go after street gangs like they did organized crime.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:15 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
When I hear the word I tend to think of some hulking mob guy. Or Bill Romanowski. All white guys.

Same here. I guess anything can be racist if someone wants it to be.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:18 AM 02-20-2024
You're a goon if you're white which doesn't sound nearly as cool.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:21 AM 02-20-2024
"Cuz every dude in Missouri got a little bit of goon in him. "

I dunno. I think the panties stay on.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:25 AM 02-20-2024
when you tattoo thug lyfe across your torso, people take notice.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:36 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Rich white kids fucking up shit in Gilbert, AZ....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...t/72158675007/
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:41 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Rich white kids fucking up shit in Gilbert, AZ....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...t/72158675007/
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Hopefully if some of the wounded were involved or were eye witnesses they will cooperate so those responsible are held accountable

I live in Mayberry and there was a kid beat to death at a house party with 1000 kids there. Theres hundred of hours of video but none caught the actual act and no one will come forward as a witness so no arrests have been made even though it happened in a crowd of people
My neck of the woods
[Reply]
Katipan 07:44 AM 02-20-2024
I miss goons just being overly protective hockey players.
[Reply]
kcgreene 08:19 AM 02-20-2024
I miss goons just being overly protective hockey players.
:-)
[Reply]
wazu 08:36 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
when you tattoo thug lyfe across your torso, people take notice.
Especially the spelling police.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:41 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not sure what happened to the original post or link, but I'm pretty sure this is what the link was supposed to be:

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...ed-by-officer/

TL;DR - A gunman in Arvada, CO in 2021 was on a mission to kill cops. He took out one officer and was waiting on more to show up, but a civilian snuck up on him and took him out. The cops showed up, saw a man with a gun, and killed the hero thinking he was the gunman they were looking for. It's a super sad story.

Here's a more recent article about the aftermath and settlement.
Wow, I don't think I ever heard about this story. This appears to be a situation where the cop was too gung ho to take out the shooter. One would think proper police procedure would be to order him to drop his weapon, not just shoot first. Looks to me like this Hurley guy was a hero and the cop should not be a cop.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:45 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I don’t see anything political about it. You were weighing the pros and cons of the different decisions, and the court of public opinion is certainly something that is a part of the aftermath.
Agreed. It seems as though nobody wants to have adult conversations these days, but I think this is exactly the kind of thing that needs discussion. And I welcome all points of view on this. I may not agree but someone might at least give me a different perspective.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:47 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
He's probably trying to get out of the dog house after she watched his country music performance.
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Same. Thugs have all been mafia guys. Locally, out here it was all white guys that thought they were tough. There's some Mexicans down south that ARE tough, and I'm trying to remember, but we don't call them anything. Just Don't go there, you'll get shanked.

I also think of Raylon Givens saying "gun thug" in that accent.

Huh. Never heard that one. God I am a rube.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 107
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Up