Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:21 PM 03-11-2024

Darnell Mooney WR 2

pic.twitter.com/nLb98NUYOk

— Ty (@Iso_Ty_3) March 7, 2024

Yeah, looks just like Skyy Moore or Justin Watson.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:22 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I agree with OTWP15 that the Mooney excuse making is a bit much.

Typically with bad QB play, at the very least you get forced reads. Think Dwayne Bowe with Matt Cassel etc.

31 Rec on 61 targets is bad no matter how you slice it. This can't all be on Fields etc.
This is what happens when you write a post 15mins ago and never hit "send". Then everyone else chimes in and now you look like a follower, lol.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:22 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I can’t remember a recent FA period where it’s been this lock tight around KC. There’s been no rumblings or ties to anyone, as far as I can tell.

The only thing out there is the 7 teams interested in Sneed rumor. Everything else is speculation(Mooney, for example).
I just have this weird feeling that there's gonna be a significant move (I lean towards trade) that'll come out of nowhere and surprise us...no idea why I think that but I do lol.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
It's the catch rate that scares me. You can't blame all of that on Fields.
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
We should celebrate when Mooney hopefully signs with another team not-named the Chiefs.
This is one of those silly fence-rider moments I try to avoid and it's really just born of laziness.

If the Chiefs sign him - I'm going to be okay with it. Because they'll have some guy who's looked through every snap the guy took last year and noted why he did/did not succeed on those snaps. And they'll clock him in/out of his breaks. They'll watch how precise they are and make educated guesses as to whether or not he was making good reads and running good routes.

They'll put FAR more analysis into him than any of us possibly can. And if they end up deciding they are confident that the skills were there and mitigating factors are what held him back, they'll sign him.

If not, they'll move on.

And the reason I'm reasonably confident in them there is they got in MVS EXACTLY what they expected to get from him in season 1. And whatever happened in Season 2 - well no amount of homework prior to signing him could've uncovered it. Maybe he just lost a step or wasn't healthy. But they did the homework and got what they wanted in 2022.

I suspect they'll do the same in the WR market here in 2024.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:22 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Yeah, looks just like Skyy Moore or Justin Watson.
How about DeMarcus Robinson? I think that's more accurate.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:23 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
I love how Chiefs are always quiet at the beginning of these things and then BOOM, big move.
We already got the big move with Chris Jones. It's hilarious the Raiders settled for Christian Wilkins at a crazy price of $28M per year. No doubt they offered more than $30M per year to Chris Jones.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:23 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) I see CP is still trying to convince themselves Mooney is anything but a brokedick flash in the pan

Winning the Super Bowl last season has messed with people. First, it was a razors edge that we won the final two playoff games. Credit to the defense and some timely Mahomes led drives though. Secondly, the reclamation project/failure WR group was a huge issue all season and it never did work out for any of them yet people think we can just do it again. Sure we could, but who wants to run back those kinds of WR issues?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:24 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I can’t remember a recent FA period where it’s been this lock tight around KC. There’s been no rumblings or ties to anyone, as far as I can tell.

The only thing out there is the 7 teams interested in Sneed rumor. Everything else is speculation(Mooney, for example).
We signed our big F/A. Might as well close the book on Chiefs F/A 2024 outside of some cheap, late additions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Chicago's top 3 pass catchers, yardage/targets:

1364/136
719/90
414/61

KC's top 3 pass catchers, yardage/targets:

984/121
938/102
460/53
But I think Duncan's point is that Fields throws a shitty deep ball and doesn't throw to his secondaries on time and within the sequence of the offense.

If that's the case, it'll kill the production of a downfield tertiary option far more than it would for a guy who's a possession receiver.

Fields throws with zero touch and as little anticipation as I've seen from an NFL quarterback. I could see how that might hurt Mooney - a more niche player - more than it might hurt a more well-rounded weapon.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:25 PM 03-11-2024
I agree with OTWP15 that the Mooney excuse making is a bit much.

Typically with bad QB play, at the very least you get forced reads. Think Dwayne Bowe with Matt Cassel etc.

31 Rec on 61 targets is bad no matter how you slice it. This can't all be on Fields etc.
I also agree. I don't trust him to be decent. Right now he's a reclamation project. If we sign him obviously he's great and I love him...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:25 PM 03-11-2024
How about DeMarcus Robinson? I think that's more accurate.
Not really the same.

But I would take DRob back over any of the other junk we were running out there last year.

McVay knew how to use him.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:25 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is one of those silly fence-rider moments I try to avoid and it's really just born of laziness.

If the Chiefs sign him - I'm going to be okay with it. Because they'll have some guy who's looked through every snap the guy took last year and noted why he did/did not succeed on those snaps. And they'll clock him in/out of his breaks. They'll watch how precise they are and make educated guesses as to whether or not he was making good reads and running good routes.

They'll put FAR more analysis into him than any of us possibly can. And if they end up deciding they are confident that the skills were there and mitigating factors are what held him back, they'll sign him.

If not, they'll move on.

And the reason I'm reasonably confident in them there is they got in MVS EXACTLY what they expected to get from him in season 1. And whatever happened in Season 2 - well no amount of homework prior to signing him could've uncovered it. Maybe he just lost a step or wasn't healthy. But they did the homework and got what they wanted in 2022.

I suspect they'll do the same in the WR market here in 2024.
Honestly, that's what scares me the most.

That they were willing to pay $11M for a 48% success rate and 680 yards on 80 targets and were FINE with it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:26 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Winning the Super Bowl last season has messed with people. First, it was a razors edge that we won the final two playoff games. Credit to the defense and some timely Mahomes led drives though. Secondly, the reclamation project/failure WR group was a huge issue all season and it never did work out for any of them yet people think we can just do it again. Sure we could, but who wants to run back those kinds of WR issues?
:-) No shit.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:28 PM 03-11-2024
It's almost as if the vet WR market is slim pickings.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:28 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Quite a few folks, apparently.

I'd rather just draft and develop rather than throw $$$ at less-than-JAG's.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 365
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up