ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 300
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:06 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's not silly to bury him if he can't guard whatsoever at a high major level, which it is getting pretty apparent he cannot. There's no doubt he'll get plenty of chances given we lack shooting as it is, but knowing Self he's not gonna have much patience for this guy.
I’ll give him time. If Furphy, Jackson, and McDowell develop as we expect/hope, then he’s perfectly fine as a Jalen Coleman Lands type.

Experienced shooter who can have the occasional big game or moment when you need it.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:47 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ll give him time. If Furphy, Jackson, and McDowell develop as we expect/hope, then he’s perfectly fine as a Jalen Coleman Lands type.

Experienced shooter who can have the occasional big game or moment when you need it.
I'd like to underscore your point and remind everyone that you are comparing Timberlake to 2022 NATIONAL CHAMPION Jalen Coleman-Lands.

Don't worry everyone, Self knows what he's doing.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 06:55 AM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't agree that this team is like last year at all. This team has more talent and it will show as the season progresses.

Elmarko Jackson will improve and be better than Bryce Thompson ever was for KU. We have already seen glimpses of that. And I think that he really needs to work on his defensive fundamentals first and foremost. But yeah, I don't think he's going pro any time soon. Probably at least a 3 year player, IMO.

I really like what little I saw of Jamari McDowell last night and also against Manhattan. Not sure why he isn't getting more playing time. At this point, he seems to be better than Timberlake.

Speaking of Timberlake, he is a disappointment so far. He can't play defense and for a guy who is supposedly a 3 point assassin, he hasn't shown an ability to hit those long range shots. Hopefully, that is just him getting used to playing at this level and he will be better by the second half of the season.
I don't see how you can make the argument this team has more talent. You have traded an all American and potential PoY for another. Harris Kevin and KJ are still the same more or less. Last year's team had a certified lottery pick at the SG who is way better than Jackson or Timberlake. Udeh and Ejiofor are significantly better than Braun. You have to be basing this entirely around Furphy I guess. People seem to forget that last year's team was really good. We had the resume of the #1 overall team. That's hardly an insult to compare the two.

The single biggest issue is the same as last year: what happens when Wilson/Hunter don't play well or get into foul trouble? It doesn't happen often but when it does, we don't have any obvious candidates to carry the team. The other issue last year was rebounding, which we solved by adding Hunter to some degree, but if he's out we have little size. And defensively swapping Hunter for Wilson is a step back, that's pretty obvious. This team will certainly be different than last year because of how Hunter makes the team flow but to say they have more telnet isn't something I can agree with.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 AM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Don't worry everyone, Self knows what he's doing.
Its a very cool and comforting to know we have the best coach in college basketball.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:23 PM 11-18-2023
Poor KJ Adams. That sucks.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 01:31 PM 11-18-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Poor KJ Adams. That sucks.
Yeah... really shitty news. Can't imagine losing my mother at such a young age.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:34 PM 11-18-2023
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I don't see how you can make the argument this team has more talent. You have traded an all American and potential PoY for another. Harris Kevin and KJ are still the same more or less. Last year's team had a certified lottery pick at the SG who is way better than Jackson or Timberlake. Udeh and Ejiofor are significantly better than Braun. You have to be basing this entirely around Furphy I guess. People seem to forget that last year's team was really good. We had the resume of the #1 overall team. That's hardly an insult to compare the two.

The single biggest issue is the same as last year: what happens when Wilson/Hunter don't play well or get into foul trouble? It doesn't happen often but when it does, we don't have any obvious candidates to carry the team. The other issue last year was rebounding, which we solved by adding Hunter to some degree, but if he's out we have little size. And defensively swapping Hunter for Wilson is a step back, that's pretty obvious. This team will certainly be different than last year because of how Hunter makes the team flow but to say they have more telnet isn't something I can agree with.
It's easy to make the argument that this team has more talent. And obviously the pollsters agree. Last year's team wasn't preseason #1.

McCullar is much better now than he was last year. I don't think it's hard to argue that Harris has improved either, based on what we saw the other night.

This year's bench is likely to be much better than last year's. The bench bigs were so worthless last year that Self was forced to play a 6'7 center. And Furphy/Timberlake/McDowell are almost guaranteed to contribute more than Pettiford/Yesufu/Rice.

Dick was much better than what we've seen from Jackson so far, but he's going to get a lot better. He's a projected first rounder for a reason.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:50 PM 11-18-2023
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Yeah... really shitty news. Can't imagine losing my mother at such a young age.
Echoes of Thomas Robinson. So sad.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 03:34 PM 11-18-2023
Such a tragic loss for KJ....
Thoughts and Prayers to the whole Adams family!!!
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:50 AM 11-20-2023
go win these three for Yvonne, boys
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:05 AM 11-20-2023
From what I read, KJ traveled but a couple days after everyone else.

Probably won’t play tonight but he’ll play in the rest.

Poor kid. I can’t imagine.

Good for him to travel though. I’m sure his mom would’ve wanted him to take advantage of the opportunities he’s had. Few people get to do stuff like this. I’d want my son to go for sure.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 AM 11-20-2023
Star article that I'm not giving a click to said cancer.

Fuck Cancer.

Condolences for KJ who appears to be a pretty good kid. That blows.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:40 AM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Star article that I'm not giving a click to said cancer.

Fuck Cancer.

Condolences for KJ who appears to be a pretty good kid. That blows.
when he committed to KU his mom told Self to turn her kid into more of an asshole.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:42 PM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
when he committed to KU his mom told Self to turn her kid into more of an asshole.
:-)

Damn. I like her way more now.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 04:39 PM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
True story.

theathletic article

Originally Posted by :
When KJ Adams moved into McCarthy Hall back in August 2021, his mom, Yvonne, approached Kansas coach Bill Self with one request: “I’m bringing you a great kid,” she said, “but I need you to make him an a—hole.”

[Reply]
Page 94 of 300
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up