ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 195
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:26 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Nah .. Raiders got alot of new pieces and a new coach
A new HC who was a failure in his previous HC job and who carries the stigma of Faketriots Way failure for coaches who leave Belichick.

And a QB who is above average at best and easily the worst starting QB in the division.

Adams and Chandler Jones aren’t going to overcome that.

But enjoy Demarcus Robinson.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:27 PM 03-23-2022
After reading up on this, losing accrued time seems to only apply to those on their rookie contracts.

Originally Posted by :
Training camp holdouts by players under contract are largely going to be a thing of the past because of more severe penalties in the 2020 NFL/NFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Teams are required to fine players who aren't on rookie contracts $50,000 per day with training camp absences. Players on rookie contracts, like Adams, are subject to a $40,000 daily fine.

There's an additional penalty of one week's base salary (1/18th of salary) for each preseason game missed with players signing contracts as unrestricted free agents or first-round picks playing under their fifth-year option. Only Gilmore, who was an unrestricted free agent when he joined the Patriots in 2017, and Adams, a 2017 first-round pick, would have been hit with the extra sanction in a holdout.

These financial penalties don't apply to unsigned draft picks and players with restricted free agent, franchise or transition tenders who aren't under contract that miss training camp. Their attendance isn't required because of the absence of a signed contract. Contractually obligated services or performance isn't being withheld in these cases.

Under previous CBAs, the fines could be reduced or waived. Fine forgiveness or reduction is only allowed for players under rookie contracts, such as Adams, with the current CBA.

The substantial fines are clearly an effective deterrent of holdouts. Howard, who requested a trade upon reporting to training camp said, "Until that trade happens I am just here so I don't get fined, and will handle myself like professionals do."

For CBA fining purposes, training camp runs from the mandatory reporting date through the Sunday (Sept. 5) before the first regular-season game. Missing all of training camp would have cost the players under veteran contracts slightly more than $2 million depending on the actual start date.

The harsh economic consequences of holding out may lead players to adopt a similar or related approach to Jalen Ramsey's with the Jaguars in an attempt to achieve a desired result. A disgruntled Ramsey essentially had a "hold in." Ramsey forced a trade during the middle of the 2019 season by missing three games primarily because of a "back ailment."

A player might have a mysterious, hard-to-dispute injury during training camp until a contract gets resolved. Perennial All-Pro wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins periodically had hamstring tightness during the preseason last year before the Cardinals made him the league's highest-paid non-quarterback by average yearly salary.

The Patriots placed Gilmore on the physically unable to perform list when he reported to training camp last week. This means he didn't pass his physical because of a prior football injury. Gilmore, who is in a contract year, ended the 2020 season on injured reserve due to a partially torn quad that required offseason surgery. Going on PUP is temporarily a perfect result for Gilmore considering he wants a new contract or his 2021 salary increased. He has an approved "hold in" while he is on PUP.

Players in the final year of a four-year rookie contract (i.e.; second through seventh-round picks) should probably walk a fine line with a "hold in." There's language in the CBA about not earning an accrued season (year of service for free agency) with a failure to perform contract services for a material perform of time. Without the fourth accrued season, a player would be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his rookie contract. Getting the year of service isn't a concern for players with four or more accrued seasons since they already have enough service time to qualify for unrestricted free agency at the end of a contract.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:32 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
After reading up on this, losing accrued time seems to only apply to those on their rookie contracts.
Correct.

You need 4 years of NFL service time to be eligible for unrestricted free agency.

Technically you could be a UDFA or someone who gets cut as a rookie and signs a 2 year deal - when that expires you’re no longer on your rookie deal but aren’t a UFA either (that’s how RFA’s happen).

Like I said - this don’t apply to Hill. He’s put in the requisite service time.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:35 PM 03-23-2022
Chiefsplanet never disappoints....caught in the middle of overreacting to both extents are some rational thinkers and those expressing valid irritation.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:37 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
A new HC who was a failure in his previous HC job and who carries the stigma of Faketriots Way failure for coaches who leave Belichick.

And a QB who is above average at best and easily the worst starting QB in the division.

Adams and Chandler Jones aren’t going to overcome that.

But enjoy Demarcus Robinson.
blah blah blah Derek Carr suck, Blah Blah Blah but the best WR in the NFL wants to play with him, Blah blah blah... Time will tell
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:41 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Chiefsplanet never disappoints....caught in the middle of overreacting to both extents are some rational thinkers and those expressing valid irritation.
Its a scenario where nobody is happy about it, its going to cause emotion.

One thing I know is that Veach and Reid didn't want to lose Hill, no way, so that means it simply wasn't workable for them long term.

It just sucks.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 06:41 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Chiefs have their "Brady" and have built an o-line. The last few years it's been Hill/Kelce. Maybe .
Mahomes is not Brady..we have to stop with the Pats comparisons. .
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:42 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I hate losing Tyreek but given the circumstances how do you keep him? I'd have a hard time paying a 28 yr old speed receiver 30 mil/year when he's an injury/pulled hammy away from being average. Cap space now and future savings plus a handful of picks. This sounds like the Patriots of 10 years ago of selling at the peak and restocking. Chiefs have their "Brady" and have built an o-line. The last few years it's been Hill/Kelce. Maybe next year it'll be JuJu/Kelce/Hardman/CEH/Pringle/? and teams will have to cover more than 2 receivers.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we won't get even a speck of production out of Pringle next season.

But you're right otherwise, this Hill move was exactly the same type of thing the Patriots did with Brady there. Sell high, and move on. Fans can fall in love with players, good GMs can't afford to.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:42 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Mahomes is not Brady..we have to stop with the Pats comparisons. .
You’re right. He’s better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:43 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
As DJ laid out he could sit until week 9 easily. Even if he sat for say 6 weeks its bust.

Stop acting like he couldn't make it a problem. He made $36MM+ the last couple years he wasn't going to be broke.
Yeah, not so sure it wouldn't be too different from the usual antics this team likes pulling at the start of the season. We were 5-4 going into week 10 last year with some pretty brutal losses. I'm sure they could've cobbled together a sub .500 run until Hill got back. It's not like Mahomes turns to a complete pumpkin when he's gone, and we'd have him fresh for the playoff stretch.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re right. He’s better.
He's not unfortunately.

The AFCCG put that to rest for good.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:45 PM 03-23-2022
Rapport confirms that the adams trade is what screwed us

From @NFLTotalAccess: Final thoughts on the mega-trade that sent Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphinspic.twitter.com/AXTjDRv3vn

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:45 PM 03-23-2022
I am still depressed and confused.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You do with generational\HOF talent. You have to keep the core together (Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce). This would be like breaking up the big 3 in Dallas in their prime.
Dude... first off Aikman is nowhere near the talent of Mahomes.... None of our RBs are the talent of prime Smith, Irving was good but he was good because Smith and that OL were so dominant. Novacek was Aikmans Kelce. Mahomes is the key here. Him and Andy will make the offense go regardless of who’s WR1.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:46 PM 03-23-2022
"Miami I’m coming home"

yuck
[Reply]
Page 94 of 195
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up