ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 111
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:23 PM 03-30-2020
To clarify my point, I would love to upgrade the OL (particularly the interior). I’m just not certain we will due to our limited means to do so this offseason. We have major needs at CB and LB, which I expect to be priorities in the draft.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:24 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Mahomes being hobbled much of the season suggests the line isn't as great as you're making it out to be.
Never said it was great, but they did have one of the best sack rates in the league despite Mahomes being hobbled too. His leg injuries (particularly the knee) were kind of fluky anyway.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:26 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
To clarify my point, I would love to upgrade the OL (particularly the interior). I’m just not certain we will due to our limited means to do so this offseason. We have major needs at CB and LB, which I expect to be priorities in the draft.
Nobody is saying it has to be our first pick, but do you really think they want to risk their soon to be $40 million a year QB with shit stains like Reiter and Wylie? Fisher and Schwartz also aren't exactly young anymore and injuries are going to happen. We had zero depth at tackle last year and it led to Erving having to play LT.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:28 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Nobody is saying it has to be our first pick, but do you really think they want to risk their soon to be $40 million a year QB with shit stains like Reiter and Wylie? Fisher and Schwartz also aren't exactly young anymore and injuries are going to happen. We had zero depth at tackle last year and it led to Erving having to play LT.
I’m not saying they won’t or shouldn’t upgrade the line. I’m just saying I won’t be shocked if they make other positions a priority due to our limited resources.

I would love nothing more than to see Wylie go. If Reiter is our worst, I can probably live with that.

My hope is they can find a mid round steal.
[Reply]
threebag 07:06 PM 03-30-2020
We signing anyone with our $177.00 in cap space?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:15 PM 03-30-2020
I want a fatty in FA and at 32.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:05 PM 03-30-2020
If you gave me the option of picking the absolute best player at any position with our pick, I think OL would end up in my top three positions.

Best WR? Best RB? Best DE? Best Safety?

CB, LB, IOL... those are my top positions of need, and frankly the order I expect this team to draft.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:30 PM 03-30-2020
Chiefs don't draft OL early, most folks know that already but yet they want to act like things are gonna change now? :-) . The earliest they will be thinking about the o-line is the fourth or fifth rounds imo. I believe the line, though not perfect, could get through another season as it is. There's no way we could get away with not upgrading the CB and LB positions though, no way at all, so they must come first.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:26 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Chiefs don't draft OL early, most folks know that already but yet they want to act like things are gonna change now? :-) . The earliest they will be thinking about the o-line is the fourth or fifth rounds imo. I believe the line, though not perfect, could get through another season as it is. There's no way we could get away with not upgrading the CB and LB positions though, no way at all, so they must come first.
The Chiefs don't take linebacker or cornerback early based on recent years. They didn't take quarterback early for nearly their entire history, until they did. Wasn't Reid and Dorsey's first ever draft pick an offensive tackle taken first overall in 2013? Did we not take Mitch Morse in the 2nd round in 2015? Now tell me the cornerbacks/linebackers we've taken in the first 3 rounds since Reid got here. I'll wait. So your point that we don't take OL early is bullshit.

I still agree that LB/CB are big needs. They've been big needs for several years now, and they've painted themselves in a corner where they absolutely have to take certain positions. Not a great position to be in the draft, but it is what it is. OL doesn't have to be taken in the 1st, or maybe not even in the 2nd. But in that 2nd-3rd round has to finally be a point where they consider available prospects. They've been drafting an OL in the 5th or 6th range nearly every year and we've found absolutely nothing so far. Who fills in when/if Fisher misses time again or Schwartz finally has an injury? Who do we have on the interior OL that is a building block and can be counted on to improve and build around? We don't need a 2003 Chiefs OL, but we also need one that's a hell of a lot better. Or don't, and we'll see Mahomes continue to get nagging injuries or worse when the interior OL can't hold up. We'll continue to see a running game that is non-existent and unable to take the pressure off Mahomes.

I'll keep harping on this, but the most logical answer is to trade down. Get another pick somewhere in the 3-4 range of the draft and we have more options and flexibility.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:11 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
If you gave me the option of picking the absolute best player at any position with our pick, I think OL would end up in my top three positions.

Best WR? Best RB? Best DE? Best Safety?

CB, LB, IOL... those are my top positions of need, and frankly the order I expect this team to draft.
I think those first two depend on how the 1st round falls. If Murray or maybe even Queen are there and the CB have been drafted we will take the LB IMO. If the LB are gone we will take a CB. After Murray and or Queen the LB position does not have 1st round value.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I think those first two depend on how the 1st round falls. If Murray or maybe even Queen are there and the CB have been drafted we will take the LB IMO. If the LB are gone we will take a CB. After Murray and or Queen the LB position does not have 1st round value.
Zack Baun is absolutely a 1st round value
[Reply]
Hoover 10:44 PM 03-30-2020
That 177 in cap space is something I'm proud of says, Veach knows exactly what he's doing!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:15 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Zack Baun is absolutely a 1st round value
He is a player that will have to transition. That could take a year or two. Do not want in the 1st.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
staylor26 05:22 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
He is a player that will have to transition. That could take a year or two. Do not want in the 1st.

What are you basing that on? He won’t have to transition. He’s played off the ball before and it’s where he’s most comfortable. He’s a day 1 starter.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:38 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What are you basing that on? He won’t have to transition. He’s played off the ball before and it’s where he’s most comfortable. He’s a day 1 starter.
Several analysts that get their info from scouts have said that about him. His stock has been falling.

[Reply]
Page 94 of 111
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Up