ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 103
« First < 44849091929394 95969798 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:52 PM 12-31-2018
The block M helmet is the best but this one is very cool.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:30 PM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
We’ll all get off your lawn now.

What matters is that player and recruits like this stuff.
The white on white is OK with me, but that logo will take some getting used to if they really move to it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:32 PM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
The white on white is OK with me, but that logo will take some getting used to if they really move to it.
I imagine it's a one-off. My favorite road unis were the Pro Combats they wore in 2009.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:33 PM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I imagine it's a one-off. My favorite road unis were the Pro Combats they wore in 2009.
Those were pretty cool..
[Reply]
Frazod 02:42 PM 12-31-2018

This is the best uniform and nothing else is even close. It's bad ass and perfect, and in my opinion, the best college uniform of any team ever. It's like the 2000's era Buccaneer uniforms - it should have never been fucked with, either.

If they need a white jersey, it should be this with white instead of gold.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:45 PM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:

This is the best uniform and nothing else is even close. It's bad ass and perfect, and in my opinion, the best college uniform of any team ever. It's like the 2000's era Buccaneer uniforms - it should have never been fucked with, either.

Not too fond of the yellowed out logo on the helmet but otherwise yeah.
[Reply]
Sully 04:12 PM 12-31-2018
I have a buddy who paints helmets as a hobby/side job. He made me one of those helmets... so sweet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:30 PM 12-31-2018

I like that uniform combo a lot, just hate the high school looking PowerTiger oval logo on both sides.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:33 PM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I like that uniform combo a lot, just hate the high school looking PowerTiger oval logo on both sides.
That's not the oval logo - it's just the tiger.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:36 PM 12-31-2018
I'm still partial to these...

❄️🔥❄️ pic.twitter.com/sMug7djoeG

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) November 16, 2018

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:37 PM 12-31-2018
That's not the oval logo - it's just the tiger.

Ah, so it is. I like that helmet a lot and think it should be default.

Just hate the double sided logo helmets.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:16 PM 01-04-2019
Former nepotism hire Alex Grinch expected to be named DC at OU.
[Reply]
Jimkcchief88 02:37 PM 01-04-2019
How is this NOT "goofy shit"? It's not a throwback. That ghastly ****tarded logo NEVER appeared on a Missouri helmet before. If they were actually going back to the look of the early 60s uniforms it would be one thing. This is a completely different, awful thing.

The logo sucks. White on white sucks. It especially sucks with white helmets. It looks like Penn State with gold trim, if Penn State was lame enough to use some ancient cartoon lion logo that had the mumps and a silly hat. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you people. What they've done this year is Oregon shit (mercifully) without the neon puke colors.

Maybe that will come next year.

:-)
Agreed. Some throwbacks are cool, others should be left alone. The M on the helmet? Works anytime. The Cat on crack uniforms? Couldn’t be taken seriously and I’ll bet OSU was emboldened by those ridiculous uni’s. Then the defense goes out and gives up 38 points and over a 100 yards to the backup RB.
[Reply]
Sully 03:08 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88:
I’ll bet OSU was emboldened by those ridiculous uni’s.
People actually believe this. It freaks me out that people think this way, and when I first saw it on facebook the other day, I chalked it up to one lone weirdo. But I keep seeing people say some version of this, and it just... wow.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:28 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
People actually believe this. It freaks me out that people think this way, and when I first saw it on facebook the other day, I chalked it up to one lone weirdo. But I keep seeing people say some version of this, and it just... wow.
Zero chance people are actually that stupid.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 103
« First < 44849091929394 95969798 > Last »
Up