ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 300
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:35 AM 11-15-2023
Only problem I really see that could derail this season is lack of depth (dependable depth). Otherwise, Bill will have these guys cooking by late December.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:43 PM 11-15-2023
Timberlake's a quality shooter. It's silly to bury him because his percentage thru three games is a little lower than usual. Now does he bring much to the table other than shooting? Probably not, but that was kind of expected.

Jackson was terrible last night, but the potential's there. He should be a lot more comfortable and involved by the end of the year.

Can't stop wondering how good they could be with Arterio Morris. I think he had the most talent/upside of any player on the roster. Could have been this year's Remy Martin.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:54 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Timberlake's a quality shooter. It's silly to bury him because his percentage thru three games is a little lower than usual. Now does he bring much to the table other than shooting? Probably not, but that was kind of expected.
It's not silly to bury him if he can't guard whatsoever at a high major level, which it is getting pretty apparent he cannot. There's no doubt he'll get plenty of chances given we lack shooting as it is, but knowing Self he's not gonna have much patience for this guy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:55 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Those European players make real good money these days. Not NBA money, but comfortable living money, right?
Depends on the league/level, but somebody like McCullar? Yeah he'll make good money.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:00 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Furphy is gonna end up being a good player by January here.

Dickinson is already the most talented offensive big Bill has ever had here at KU. When they get him and Adams comfortable with each other, they'll just murder people inside.

Get the couple young guys playing defense and they'll end up being a top 5 team all year.
Skilled yes. Talented hell no. Embiid probably holds that title. Hell Udeh probably had more raw talent.

But he is a very skilled very savvy very effective big man.

I’d like to see him be more physical, or at least address the physicality.

I’d also like to see him move a shitload more. Sure it is great he can shoot but if he just stands there he’s easy to guard. More screen and rolls. More cuts, all of it. More motion. Create a decision point for the defender and he’s fucked.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:00 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Holy shit... didn't stay up for it, then couldn't sleep and saw they were still down 78-72 with under 6 minutes left. Awesomeness.
You should be ashamed Bearcat. Ashamed I tell u
[Reply]
O.city 01:10 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Skilled yes. Talented hell no. Embiid probably holds that title. Hell Udeh probably had more raw talent.

I’d also like to see him move a shitload more. Sure it is great he can shoot but if he just stands there he’s easy to guard. More screen and rolls. More cuts, all of it. More motion. Create a decision point for the defender and he’s ****ed.
I dunno, his size and ability to move are pretty crazy. Great passer too.

They'll get the old high low going again like the Morris twins used to dominate with.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
McDowell is a plus defender off the bench. He should be getting minutes ahead of Timberlake right now.
I was impressed in the possessions he was in on.
[Reply]
Pants 02:27 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I’d also like to see him move a shitload more. Sure it is great he can shoot but if he just stands there he’s easy to guard. More screen and rolls. More cuts, all of it. More motion. Create a decision point for the defender and he’s fucked.
Has anybody seen him jump higher than 1 inch off the floor in these first few games?
[Reply]
RockChalk 02:50 PM 11-15-2023
I appreciate the skill/ability of Hunter. But man, his "celebration" every time he runs back down the floor after a basket makes me cringe. Like I'd seriously hate this dude if he played for any other team.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:54 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I appreciate the skill/ability of Hunter. But man, his "celebration" every time he runs back down the floor after a basket makes me cringe. Like I'd seriously hate this dude if he played for any other team.
I fucking love it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:13 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's not silly to bury him if he can't guard whatsoever at a high major level, which it is getting pretty apparent he cannot. There's no doubt he'll get plenty of chances given we lack shooting as it is, but knowing Self he's not gonna have much patience for this guy.
He looked like he studied all night for a history test, but when he got to school, the test was AP Trig. He looked so out of place playing against the athletes of Kentucky.

Maybe the jump in talent is going to take him some time to adjust to. Hopefully he adjusts.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:47 PM 11-15-2023
Self says Elmarko Jackson is the most NBA worthy player on the roster.

Have to give him time, I thought Quentin Grimes was absolutely useless but by the time he was a junior at Houston he was averaging over 17 ppg and shooting over 40% from 3.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:59 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

Have to give him time, I thought Quentin Grimes was absolutely useless but by the time he was a junior at Houston he was averaging over 17 ppg and shooting over 40% from 3.
Yeah I wouldn’t worry about Elmarko. If Self likes him, he’ll be good.

Let’s not forget some of the awful moments that Mario Chalmers had early in his time at Kansas.

https://www.espn.co.uk/mens-college-...meId/253252305

This game ^^^^ was a disaster for Mario. Check out that line.

That guy turned out to be pretty good if memory serves.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:59 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

Whenever I look at NBA box scores I am always prepared to read about an 0 of 70 3FG streak from him but so far he's been pretty good in the association.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 300
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up