ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 95
« First < 43838990919293 9495 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:46 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Since we are giving resumes I’ve spent the last eight years as a therapist to this age group in university settings and in private settings. One thing for sure is they are good for business. I’m talking about the personality and psychological makeup of the ones who cannot handle their emotions and how that seems to most often develop. That’s not everyone. But the ones who demand a “safe space” at a university? Yes. The ones who are suicidal because someone tweets things they don’t like about them? Yes. The ones who require others to change in order to resolve their own emotional issues? Yes. And on and on.
Thanks for clarifying your experience, and I won't disagree that there are some that can't deal with their emotions and I do know some like that. Most of the ones I've had interactions with are people who are willing to learn, have dealt with disappointment and/or bad situations and want to do what they can to make their world better.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:54 AM 06-13-2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:02 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sorry, but this is bullshit.
USA citizens of color are treated differently than their fellow white citizens. Treated differently by the police, courts and the government. Thats just facts, not an opinion.

You can have a different view, that's okay. Say I'm FOS. Way off the reservation etc. It's a free country and all that. But, facts are facts.

Originally Posted by staylor26:
Everybody was in agreement that what happened to Floyd was unacceptable and the cop(s) should be charged.
I wasn't talking about Floyd.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:34 PM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Thanks for clarifying your experience, and I won't disagree that there are some that can't deal with their emotions and I do know some like that. Most of the ones I've had interactions with are people who are willing to learn, have dealt with disappointment and/or bad situations and want to do what they can to make their world better.

As with anything involving people there isn’t a one size fits all. What I am saying here is that many of these people engaging in cancel culture and demanding conformity to their views in the real world are doing exactly what they do in their online lives. They silence opposition and insulate themselves from uncomfortable feelings instead of dealing with them. The way they engage in social media is certainly a factor in how they handle things in the real world. They are used to immediate gratification and removal of a source of uncomfortable emotions. Again, it’s not everyone but it seems to be the vocal minority that are out there saying things like defund police.

A perfect example of online behaviors manifesting in the real world is the students who rioted and burned things at UC Berkeley a few years ago when they didn’t like the speaker scheduled to come. They did exactly what they would have done online when confronted with anxiety or negative emotions. It’s the equivalent of reporting someone to a mod, unfollowing them, or sending a tweet to someone’s employer. No interests in hearing a different view, but it doesn’t stop there, no one is allowed to hear that view and punishment must be given out. A place of higher learning and expression of ideas is the last place that should be silencing speakers because of upset students but it happened. I do think the school got sued for that and lost though.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:47 PM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
you guys are making fools of yourselves.
I teach middle schoolers. I make a fool out of myself on a daily basis.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:05 PM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I teach middle schoolers. I make a fool out of myself on a daily basis.
So it is people like you that is to blame for the kids not knowing history correctly. Damn teachers!!!!!

On a more serious note. The education system is another of many things that is broke and this is the time when the truth, the whole truth could really help. People have one idea of why the civil war and only one idea. People have never heard of let alone read Lincoln memoirs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:47 PM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So it is people like you that is to blame for the kids not knowing history correctly. Damn teachers!!!!!

On a more serious note. The education system is another of many things that is broke and this is the time when the truth, the whole truth could really help. People have one idea of why the civil war and only one idea. People have never heard of let alone read Lincoln memoirs.
Finally have autonomy over my social studies curriculum this year. With any luck we’ll get grants to visit the Olympic Training Center and the historical site of the Sand Creek Massacre. Just finished a lesson where students have to serve on a jury in a fictional robbery case. They’ll have evidence they can request to see and everything. Excited about that one.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:07 AM 06-14-2020

The Civil War is more appropriate for like a 300 level college class, not middle school.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:47 AM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Civil War is more appropriate for like a 300 level college class, not middle school.
The problem with that is that we ended up with uneducated people protesting about things with beliefs that are incorrect, which causes a much larger issue.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:30 PM 06-14-2020

[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:42 PM 06-14-2020

Good idea; which political party has been trying and succeeding in defunding schools leading to a systemic lack of critical thinking?
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:58 PM 06-14-2020
You mean the one that teaches that believing the earth is 6000 years old is a valid scientific opinion?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:05 PM 06-14-2020
So this is basically a DC thread for people that don't want to venture into the actual DC part of the site, yes?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:51 AM 06-15-2020
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...aseball-racism
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:05 AM 06-15-2020
And now the bankrupt KC Star wants Mahomes to lead an effort to end the Tomahawk Chop.

It's a never-ending woke orgy...

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs overuse native symbols, particularly the Tomahawk Chop, in marketing and on game day. Many Native American groups find the chop offensive and want it to stop.

The Star Editorial Board has called for a new tradition and an end to this affront to Native Americans. But the team and thousands of fans have resisted. The chop goes on.

That’s where Mahomes comes in. Surely he now recognizes that the chop is unnecessary and provocative, and is particularly offensive at this moment. All Americans, he knows, deserve to be treated with respect — not reduced to a stereotype in a meaningless chant.

Mahomes could start small by ending his own use of the chop on the field. Once he’s comfortable with that, he could suggest his teammates stop doing it. Then he could ask fans in the seats — assuming there are any — to knock it off, too

[Reply]
Page 93 of 95
« First < 43838990919293 9495 >
Up