ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 120
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:31 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Watching Sonny Gray get hammered today almost guarantees he'll wear the birds on the bat next season.
unfortunately, you are probably correct. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:40 AM 10-14-2023
Guess we are getting our next manager in place

I imagine Yadi would help fix the issues in the clubhouse that Oliver Marmol eluded to at the end of the season. I was once told by a player that Molina didn’t speak up often, but when he did, everyone listened. https://t.co/m700p0MLJX

— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) October 14, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:51 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Guess we are getting our next manager in place

Jesus, can we just hire an established competent manager that won't be a fucking marionette on Mo's strings? the answer is obviously "no"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:54 PM 10-16-2023
Most Cardinal fucking move ever.

Won't actually do ANYTHING but you can trot his ass out there during Cardinal Caravan and insist that it'll fix everything.

Oh, and he won't cost much.

'member berries and half-measures. That's all this front office even attempts anymore.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:42 PM 10-20-2023
I saw an article on twitter about the potential of Yadi joining the staff next year. It talked about him not being a “yes” man.

That he would speak truth to power. They won’t be able to fire him without huge blowback from the fans. Choosing Mo over Yadi? Even Dewitt wouldn’t do that.

This may be the way that Mo can be forced out. :-) a person can dream, right?

Whether he can coach or not at least it hastens Mo out of here.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:44 PM 10-20-2023
I want to like it because Yadi was my favorite player for a long time... but in the end, DJ will be right about this franchise as always.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:23 PM 10-20-2023
I saw an article on twitter about the potential of Yadi joining the staff next year. It talked about him not being a “yes” man.

That he would speak truth to power. They won’t be able to fire him without huge blowback from the fans. Choosing Mo over Yadi? Even Dewitt wouldn’t do that.

This may be the way that Mo can be forced out. :-) a person can dream, right?

Whether he can coach or not at least it hastens Mo out of here.
Local media hacks were talking of that today. Mo needs a yes man to be successful they said Yadi is not a fit for that vision. I despise everything about this franchise right now...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:44 PM 10-23-2023
It feels like every WS these days there's a team led by a Cuban outfielder that the Cardinals traded away for nothing.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:53 PM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It feels like every WS these days there's a team led by a Cuban outfielder that the Cardinals traded away for nothing.
It really do be like that sometimes.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:29 AM 10-24-2023
Mo is such a disaster. Worst OF in baseball yet he let current performing talent slip away from the organization
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:17 AM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Both Roberts and Tatis jr wanted to come to STL. I think it was just a couple of million more they wanted and the cards refused. :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:30 AM 10-24-2023
Both Roberts and Tatis jr wanted to come to STL. I think it was just a couple of million more they wanted and the cards refused. :-)
Mo never would have paid them in their second contract to keep them anyway. They maybe could have kept Randy and JAG.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:40 AM 10-24-2023
I'll give Mo a pass on Garcia. He was traded for peanuts to Texas and the Rangers subsequently released him. Every MLB team passed on Garcia, then he came back and is now elite. Still hurts though.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:12 AM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I'll give Mo a pass on Garcia. He was traded for peanuts to Texas and the Rangers subsequently released him. Every MLB team passed on Garcia, then he came back and is now elite. Still hurts though.
Oh agreed. He had a cup of coffee and largely sucked in St Louis. If it was a one off occurrence with a player killing it somewhere else rather than the pattern it would probably be ignored.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:32 AM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
30.1% strikeout rate and 4.2% walk rate in his 2019 season at Triple-A Memphis is why he was expendable.

Most of the time a player that is tooled up with these plate discipline warts doesn't work out.

It was also a perfect storm with Texas. They were shitty in spring training of 2021, so they could afford to play a 28-year-old who shined in the Cactus League. Garcia could have easily been a career Triple-A guy if he didn't land in the right situation.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 120
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Up