ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 173
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
bobbything 09:28 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm saying if every other business you compete with would take your high end employee the second you fired him because they also will employee low life people to get ahead...

Often times trying to be the bigger man or do the right thing just gets you fucked over. Today the Chiefs are being drug over the coals for an NFL issue.
This the bed the Chiefs have made. This is their own fault. Is it worth sticking it out with him and stomaching the ensuing backlash that will occur just because you don't want him to play for another team in a year (this assumes no criminal prosecution)?
Mecca 09:28 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Did that get mentioned during the draft, in the same "this team has embarrassed their city" way that the Chiefs are getting? I didn't watch much of it so don't know.
They showed and basically tried to defend him "this girl had a long standing issue with his sister" and acted like he was defending his family or some shit.

All I know is he was like 8 times larger than this woman and was beating her in the face while she was laying on the street.
sedated 09:29 AM 04-29-2019
The thing about the "release now, ask questions later" mob is that they apparently are blind to the fact that it would be a reward for Hill. He gets to choose his team and gets a raise.
RaidersOftheCellar 09:29 AM 04-29-2019
What I want to know is why are we expected to be a franchise that does this while other teams can win titles with shit bags?

Why is our team being held to a higher standard? Whey are they discussing wanting draft picks taken away, that wasn't brought up when the Patriots had a murderer on the team.

Do people really just have a hard on for not liking the Chiefs?
Exactly. Fuck taking the moral high ground if no one else does. Is there a franchise in the league that has never had a guy accused of domestic abuse?

Nevermind all the players that are never caught/accused.
Mecca 09:29 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
This the bed the Chiefs have made. This is their own fault. Is it worth sticking it out with him and stomaching the ensuing backlash that will occur just because you don't want him to play for another team in a year (this assumes no criminal prosecution)?
For me? I don't care about backlash, I care about winning.

I'd cheer for the worst people in the world to win a title.
htismaqe 09:31 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Is this individual my 1st or 2nd highest grossing salesman? Because if he is, we're going to sit down in my office, make sure we understand each other in terms of honest discussion, and then formulate a plan that we can both work with while this process is playing out.
We just lost our 2nd best sales person in our group for an ethics violation. Keep in mind, the contracts I deal with are usually in the billions with a B, if not hundreds of millions. The guy makes a ton of money and is well-respected in the industry. They simply let him go - no questions, no warning, zero tolerance.

And guess what? He's not just going to walk into one of our competitors and pick up where he left off. Because most of our competitors have the same ethics policies we have, up to and including regulation from the government on certain things. He's going to have take his shady self to an equally shady company and try to work his way back up.

The NFL has none of that. No actual conscience, no real oversight, just an arbitrary set of rules that can be changed at any time should the commissioner see fit. They're shielded from any serious repercussions by their status with government. It's entertainment without accountability.
jd1020 09:31 AM 04-29-2019
The thing about the "release now, ask questions later" mob is that they apparently are blind to the fact that it would be a reward for Hill. He gets to choose his team and gets a raise.
Gets a raise? He was looking at $100M+.

Not only will he likely lose a full years worth of salary but he'll be signing his next deal on league minimum.
bobbything 09:32 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Is this individual my 1st or 2nd highest grossing salesman? Because if he is, we're going to sit down in my office, make sure we understand each other in terms of honest discussion, and then formulate a plan that we can both work with while this process is playing out.
Because that tactic worked out so well the first time.
New World Order 09:32 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
Yes

He'll only be here a year anyway. We're already taking backlash, might as well endure a little more.
Mecca 09:33 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Not only will he likely lose a full years worth of salary but he'll be signing his next deal on league minimum.
He'd make more now though, Hunt makes more in Cleveland than he did here.
sedated 09:33 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:

League minimum for a free agent is more than a rookie deal for a 5th round pick
TwistedChief 09:35 AM 04-29-2019
For me? I don't care about backlash, I care about winning.

I'd cheer for the worst people in the world to win a title.
Genuine question, Mecca. I realize the Hill situation is kinda in the air as there's the evidence/innocent-until-proven-guilty element to it. But let's say there were some guy who raped and tortured young children. And let's say you really thought he were guilty. He was arrested but because of some police misconduct in gathering evidence, he was released and returned to play football for the Kansas City Chiefs. Let's say he was our QB named Matrick Pahomes and he threw for 70 TDs and 70k yards.

Would you really have no qualms watching him each week and cheering for him?
Mecca 09:37 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Genuine question, Mecca. I realize the Hill situation is kinda in the air as there's the evidence/innocent-until-proven-guilty element to it. But let's say there were some guy who raped and tortured young children. And let's say you really thought he were guilty. He was arrested but because of some police misconduct in gathering evidence, he was released and returned to play football for the Kansas City Chiefs. Let's say he was our QB named Matrick Pahomes and he threw for 70 TDs and 70k yards.

Would you really have no qualms watching him each week and cheering for him?
Probably not.....I admit my moral compass for sports is basically gone. To me if you aren't in jail then you can play.

50 years of futility makes me not give a shit as long as they win before I die.
In58men 09:38 AM 04-29-2019
Mike Tyson said some of the most degrading and disrespectful shit ever, everyone loved him though. Times have changed a lot. It’s now unacceptable.
jd1020 09:43 AM 04-29-2019
He'd make more now though, Hunt makes more in Cleveland than he did here.
League minimum for a free agent is more than a rookie deal for a 5th round pick
Hill has a base salary of $1.9M for this year.

League minimum for someone with 3 years experience is like $700k.
Page 93 of 173
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Up