ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 120
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 10-03-2023
Y'all here Mozeliak on 101 this morning?

"We're very bullish on Matz being healthy....and we like what we saw in Drew Rom..."

So anyone that thought we were adding 2 or 3 legitimate starting pitchers -- HA! What the fuck made you believe him this time?

Seriously - 8 years of injury history be damned, they're bullish on Matz health next season. And that's the SECOND most ludicrous thing he said given that Drew Rom had an ERA over 8 and a WHIP over 2.

Fellas - Wainwright had an ERA of 7.4 and a WHIP of 1.9. We were begging the dude to walk away from the game because it pained us to watch him struggle like he was. And he was clearly better than Drew Rom.

Who's being penciled in as a starter by this assclown of a general manager who thinks Marmol does a good job.

It's like he's TRYING to tell the BFIB to go fuck themselves and they just won't listen to him.

Please please PLEASE do not buy tickets to this team. It has to burn to ashes.
[Reply]
bdj23 10-03-2023, 05:30 PM
This message has been deleted by bdj23.
raybec 4 06:06 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'all here Mozeliak on 101 this morning?

"We're very bullish on Matz being healthy....and we like what we saw in Drew Rom..."

So anyone that thought we were adding 2 or 3 legitimate starting pitchers -- HA! What the **** made you believe him this time?

Seriously - 8 years of injury history be damned, they're bullish on Matz health next season. And that's the SECOND most ludicrous thing he said given that Drew Rom had an ERA over 8 and a WHIP over 2.

Fellas - Wainwright had an ERA of 7.4 and a WHIP of 1.9. We were begging the dude to walk away from the game because it pained us to watch him struggle like he was. And he was clearly better than Drew Rom.

Who's being penciled in as a starter by this assclown of a general manager who thinks Marmol does a good job.

It's like he's TRYING to tell the BFIB to go **** themselves and they just won't listen to him.

Please please PLEASE do not buy tickets to this team. It has to burn to ashes.
It's sure a good thing they traded Montgomery away. The prospects we got look decent but we surely couldn't use a starter who eats innings and has a 3.2 ERA
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:23 PM 10-03-2023
This info pisses me off more at the FO and ownership than I thought possible. Could have had him for 7 years/200 million in his god damn prime. Why?
Attached: IMG_8451.jpg (54.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:26 PM 10-03-2023
Absolutely pathetic
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:42 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This info pisses me off more at the FO and ownership than I thought possible. Could have had him for 7 years/200 million in his god damn prime. Why?
The better question is why would this surprise anyone?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:49 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The better question is why would this surprise anyone?
That 2015 team was pretty good. With him we probably win the WS. He was a killer in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 05:22 PM 10-08-2023

Cardinals Interested In Aaron Nola, Sonny Gray https://t.co/ZH5i8Zk7P3 pic.twitter.com/udjkaYMtRI

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) October 8, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:29 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
As always, they'll be interested and come up just short on some pathetic lowball offer.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:51 PM 10-09-2023
Wake me up when they start firing people
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 PM 10-09-2023
As always, they'll be interested and come up just short on some pathetic lowball offer.
Wouldn’t pay Scherzer, in his prime, a sweet home town discount. We will go low ball journeyman pitcher.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:26 PM 10-09-2023
I actually think they'll get that done.

It's their 'splash' move. They can use it to sell tickets just like Arenado and Goldschmidt.

They'll also try to pass him off as an ace (he hasn't been for about 5 years now) and he's getting older and gradually declining. Like every other move Mozeliak makes, it won't do much on its own to meaningfully alter the arc of the team - they're still a .500 ballclub even with Nola.

No, I think they'll get that deal done. And they'll talk about how he's going to anchor the rebuilt pitching staff and show the young guys like Libby and Thompson how to get the job done with Mikolas rebounding and Matz giving them 180 quality innings.

And none of those things will happen and Mozeliak will feign shock and surprise. But y'know what? He'll be able to sell it to idiots and get 3 million tickets sold again.

Because the BFIB are just kinda stupid.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:27 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wouldn’t pay Scherzer, in his prime, a sweet home town discount. We will go low ball journeyman pitcher.
You ever had a boss in middle management who was so focused on saving ten bucks because he might get five cents in bonus money that he was oblivious to the thousands his plan was actually wasting?

That's Mozeliak.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:35 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You ever had a boss in middle management who was so focused on saving ten bucks because he might get five cents in bonus money that he was oblivious to the thousands his plan was actually wasting?

That's Mozeliak.
yep, I’ve known that guy at many places. Fits Mo too.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:40 PM 10-09-2023

It's their 'splash' move. They can use it to sell tickets just like Arenado and Goldschmidt.

They'll also try to pass him off as an ace (he hasn't been for about 5 years now) and he's getting older and gradually declining. Like every other move Mozeliak makes, it won't do much on its own to meaningfully alter the arc of the team - they're still a .500 ballclub even with Nola.

No, I think they'll get that deal done. And they'll talk about how he's going to anchor the rebuilt pitching staff and show the young guys like Libby and Thompson how to get the job done with Mikolas rebounding and Matz giving them 180 quality innings.

And none of those things will happen and Mozeliak will feign shock and surprise. But y'know what? He'll be able to sell it to idiots and get 3 million tickets sold again.

That's a little harsh on Nola. His peripherals and all his Statcast data were tremendous last year. Definitely was worse this year, but he was damned good in 2022. However, signing him won't matter, because they need four starters, and if you run him out to anchor a playoff rotation, you'll be at a disadvantage.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:28 PM 10-10-2023

Watching Sonny Gray get hammered today almost guarantees he'll wear the birds on the bat next season.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 120
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Up