ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 237
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:01 PM 01-29-2017
I was proud of Self for using zone as much as he did.

He hates it but swallowed his pride and used it anyway.

In fact, he used multiple zone defenses. :-)

Hope next time he doesn't wait so long to break it out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:15 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
I was proud of Self for using zone as much as he did.

He hates it but swallowed his pride and used it anyway.

In fact, he used multiple zone defenses. :-)

Hope next time he doesn't wait so long to break it out.
the article in the KC Star was right, we need to use the zone more often to protect our inside play. We have one guy. They are going to run after him and get him to foul out. If we have to depend on Lightfoot for 15 minutes in a tourney game, I'm Not going to be very hopeful.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:37 PM 01-29-2017
I am so sick of Cal and the Kentucky fan base. When they win, Cal is the best coach, he talks about how he got his kids to buy in and play hard. When they win the fans are all like "that what talent do" etc. But when they lose Cal sites how its hard to coach young kids and the kids don't listen to him, and they're young so keeping their poise is hard, etc. Cal says he is a great coach when they win, and says his players are young and just don't listen, and keep making mistakes because they are young. When they lose, Kentucky fans automatically revert to saying the team they lost to isn't very good, and only beat Kentucky because any experienced team can beat a bunch of freshmen.

Fuuuukkkemm ALL.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:43 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am so sick of Cal and the Kentucky fan base. When they win, Cal is the best coach, he talks about how he got his kids to buy in and play hard. When they win the fans are all like "that what talent do" etc. But when they lose Cal sites how its hard to coach young kids and the kids don't listen to him, and they're young so keeping their poise is hard, etc. Cal says he is a great coach when they win, and says his players are young and just don't listen, and keep making mistakes because they are young. When they lose, Kentucky fans automatically revert to saying the team they lost to isn't very good, and only beat Kentucky because any experienced team can beat a bunch of freshmen.

Fuuuukkkemm ALL.

THIS! Tired of that same shit every year.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:00 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
THIS! Tired of that same shit every year.
Cal has thrown his players under the bus so many times. It borders on insulting his players. And the players are either too daft to pick up on it, or it doesn't matter to them because all they are thinking of is the NBA.

After our win on Saturday, I read a rather long post buy an unhappy wildcat fan. It basically said that when Cal stated that having 5 players taken in the first round (if that's not accurate, it's my fault and not the posters) of the draft was the greatest day in UK basketball history, many longtime wildcat fans were pissed off, upset, offended, and angered by the statement. The poster went on to say that the one and dones pushing juniors and seniors out of playing time, or out of Lexington, had to stop. The poster said that fans wanted a coach and players that put the University of Kentucky first, and that Cal was more interested in prepping kids to look attractive to pro scouts, instead of coaching them to play college basketball. The poster went on to say that he didn't feel like Cal thought he owed Kentucky anything, and that Cal was creating the same atmosphere for the one and done players.

I, myself, hate the one year rule. But Bill Self is honest with the kids based on the feedback he gets from scouts. I think KU and the people attached to the basketball program instill a sense of pride and loyalty in the players. That Kentucky fan thought the exact opposite for Calipari and staff.

I want to see the NBA and the NCAA go to a minimum of 2 years in college. Kids get one more year to develop, and to work on things based on pro scouts notes on them. The NBA would get to pick players with a much larger sample size to study, aging NBA veterans can maybe get one more year at the end of the bench. NBA teams get players with another full year of development, at a high level in the case of KU. And Bill Self and Kansas fans get to bond with, and support players like Josh Jackson for one more year.

I wish there was something that could be done for kids like Wayne Selden. I don't all the details, if he or his family needed money, but even though he was tearing up the D League at one point, I can't help but think dominating college this year, instead of the D League, would have improved his draft status, and made him a lot more money over the course of his career.

Not sure how I got off topic, but I think Kentucky fans are growing tired of how Cal is treating their university.

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:40 AM 01-30-2017
Regardless of what we want. It's the decision of the NBA, not the NCAA.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:08 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Regardless of what we want. It's the decision of the NBA, not the NCAA.
Well kind of. The NCAA could make the scholarships 2 year deals or something. They won't. Ever. But thy could.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:24 AM 01-30-2017
I wonder how these dudes felt walking out?

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:36 AM 01-30-2017
Bragg charged with Drug Paraphernalia Possession

LAWRENCE, KS (KCTV) -
University of Kansas basketball player Carlton Bragg has been charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, according to Lawrence Municipal Court.

Bragg was suspended indefinitely by head coach Bill Self on Jan. 26 for violation of team rules, Self said at the time.

A representative with municipal court said Bragg's next court date is Feb. 14 at 10 a.m.

Self said last week that Bragg's suspension is not related to an ongoing rape investigation at McCarthy Hall in which five Jayhawks players are named as witnesses to the Dec. 17 incident. Bragg is not one of the witnesses named. McCarthy Hall houses about half basketball players, half non-athletes, according to the university.

A University of Kansas police report states an unnamed suspect was cited with misdemeanor drug paraphernalia possession Dec. 21 at the same residence hall. That case was set as "closed" through the KU Office of Public Safety on Jan. 25, online records show.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:13 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Bragg charged with Drug Paraphernalia Possession

LAWRENCE, KS (KCTV) -
University of Kansas basketball player Carlton Bragg has been charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, according to Lawrence Municipal Court.

Bragg was suspended indefinitely by head coach Bill Self on Jan. 26 for violation of team rules, Self said at the time.

A representative with municipal court said Bragg's next court date is Feb. 14 at 10 a.m.

Self said last week that Bragg's suspension is not related to an ongoing rape investigation at McCarthy Hall in which five Jayhawks players are named as witnesses to the Dec. 17 incident. Bragg is not one of the witnesses named. McCarthy Hall houses about half basketball players, half non-athletes, according to the university.

A University of Kansas police report states an unnamed suspect was cited with misdemeanor drug paraphernalia possession Dec. 21 at the same residence hall. That case was set as "closed" through the KU Office of Public Safety on Jan. 25, online records show.
you couldn't get rid of the bong while the cops we're all over the building?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:18 AM 01-30-2017
as police had said the drug possession charges for the rape suspect were being moved to a seperate case for prosecution, this isn't looking good for Bragg
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01-30-2017, 11:19 AM
This message has been deleted by Mr. Plow. Reason: I'm an idiot
Prison Bitch 11:27 AM 01-30-2017
Mikey is for da Cats!
[Reply]
Lzen 11:38 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I wonder how these dudes felt walking out?

I saw those idiots on TV. Why is it that these opponents can't come up with a better theme than a movie from 80 years ago?
[Reply]
Lzen 11:41 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
as police had said the drug possession charges for the rape suspect were being moved to a seperate case for prosecution, this isn't looking good for Bragg
Speculation does no good in these kinds of situations. Self said the suspension had nothing to do with the alleged rape in McCarthy. Also said no KU players were named as suspects.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:53 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
It doesn't? This is the best result ever. We already know the suspect for the rape is not on the KU basketball team. Carlton got caught with a bong. Big deal. I was worried it might be something where he got in a fight with someone, or cheated in classes or something like that. This is the best possible news that could ever come out of a suspension.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 237
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up