« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
George Liquor 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:05 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I really think Dorsey's gift IS finding football talent no doubt. But contracts are not. If you do decide to do a poll create an option for "great talent evaluator/poor cap mgmt".
Who would you rather be, Horseface with a fat wallet, or Dorsey with a deep as fuck roster?

Oh yeah, that deep roster? You can kiss that goodbye. No one is going to replicate that talent.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:08 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This!! If this scuttlebutt has any accuracy, anyone who takes an emotional Berry over Dorsey on this issue can eat my whole asshole the next time they complain that we can't compete with the Pats, or that the Pats' dominance is unfair.
Holy Fuck; we have found common football ground. Someone mark this day on the calendar, please.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:09 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You all make valid points. To me, it's frustrating to have pointed out his issues with managing the cap for several years only to get brushed aside, then to have people use his issues with cap management as a justifiable reason for his removal when such issues were apparently fine a few weeks ago.
I couldn't care less about the cap management. It's not as if the Chiefs were forced to cut very productive players during his tenure due to the size of their contracts/cap management.

Bowe's deal was a bad deal. Nearly everyone saw that coming. The Chiefs needed a solid free agent WR in 2015, especially after the Emmanuel deal and the fact that the Chiefs went 16 games without a single TD to a WR, which is a modern day record.

But in processing the information that we know at this time, the cap management was just a part of the cumulative issues that Hunt had with Dorsey.

Some guys just aren't cut out to be GM's.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:09 PM 06-23-2017
Just exasperating to watch Dorsey go like this. Probably the best drafting I've seen the Chiefs do ever. That's some stupid, petty bullshit for both Dorsey and Hunt.
[Reply]
TEX 06:17 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just exasperating to watch Dorsey go like this. Probably the best drafting I've seen the Chiefs do ever. That's some stupid, petty bullshit for both Dorsey and Hunt.
Agree with your drafting comment.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:24 PM 06-23-2017
What I find endlessly fascinating about this place is how quickly about 85% of the posters will turn on someone once they are no longer part of the tribe.
It's CP. It's what we do.
[Reply]
Smed1065 06:26 PM 06-23-2017
Maybe the Berry non-signing was big if true Hunt had to intervene, might have cost more $$ and caused the JM situation since no money left to sign draft picks?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:28 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Smed1065:
Maybe the Berry non-signing was big if true Hunt had to intervene, might have cost more $$ and caused the JM situation since no money left to sign draft picks?
It sounds like a culmination of many, seemingly, unrelated events, until the contract negotiations stalled.

At point, Clark started checking off boxes and said, "Sayonara, Dorsey!".
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:32 PM 06-23-2017
No; I think you are actually pretty fair, albeit prone to a bit of optimism :-). Overall, though, there are a lot of people throwing a shitload of dirt on Dorsey when I would bet if I put up an approval poll 48 hours ago 80-90% of the posters would have thought he was an excellent GM.
Truth.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 06:33 PM 06-23-2017
The true shame of this is their rift didn't bubble over immediately after the playoff loss.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:43 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
The true shame of this is their rift didn't bubble over immediately after the playoff loss.
Playing devil's advocate: it makes sense to make Dorsey earn the money invested in him, since GMs are prepping for the next draft once the previous on is over. Hunt paid for the work, might as well get the result. :-)
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:51 PM 06-23-2017
Again, I want to thank my father, a great man, for making me a Cheufs fan. I love you dad.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:08 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Well, if that happens, perhaps the new GM doesn't make the move for Mahomes.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:13 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Smed1065:
His deal is rather back-loaded, so I don't believe so.

I think still being over the cap with 30 something pending FA's in 2018 was a bigger issue.
[Reply]
ClayhasAutism 07:20 PM 06-23-2017
The bigger issue is the Autistics that thought Geno Smith and EJ Manuel were "Future HOFers" are trying to once again play armchair GM.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 137
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Up