ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 268
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
007 11:43 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
"i am your father"

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:40 AM 11-14-2017

[Reply]
Fish 10:48 AM 11-14-2017
It's feeling more and more like they're setting up Rey's fall to the dark side. Or at least hinting at some light/dark confusion and angst for some reason. Which seems odd after selling tons of merchandise alluding to her being the next cool Jedi.
[Reply]
bowener 11:48 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's feeling more and more like they're setting up Rey's fall to the dark side. Or at least hinting at some light/dark confusion and angst for some reason. Which seems odd after selling tons of merchandise alluding to her being the next cool Jedi.
So following in the footsteps of Luke and mirroring Episode V?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:55 AM 11-14-2017
It's pretty obvious they're setting up Gray Jedi, a blend of light and dark. The only question I have is that what Luke has been doing on an island by himself, teaching himself both ways and isolating himself just in case the dark side should take over?
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:11 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
According to the official release I just linked, the new trilogy will be outside the Skywalker saga and "introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."

So, we're getting a brand new story in a different part of the Star War galaxy, with an undetermined time line.

That's a ballsy move this early in the game. Wow.
Half a decade from now isn't "so soon" imo, I think it's great. The SW universe is way too rich and vast to just focus and make everything about the Skywalkers, even the current trilogy is a bit too derivative for my tastes. It would be great to see an "expanded" universe where the current crop of main characters are only side characters or alluded to.

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Please, no.

"When I left you, I was but the learner."

"I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..."

They don't see each other between III and IV. Otherwise you're just shitting on canon.
I agree with this. I'd say it's even a stretch to believe he had ANY further adventures between Episode III and Episode IV (although I'm sure they probably will do this anyway). After the last scene in Episode III where he puts on the hood in Tatooine and drives off, it makes perfect sense for him to retire in hiding until Luke shows up.
[Reply]
bowener 01:13 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
It's pretty obvious they're setting up Gray Jedi, a blend of light and dark. The only question I have is that what Luke has been doing on an island by himself, teaching himself both ways and isolating himself just in case the dark side should take over?
Yes, probably. I do think that Rey will end up being "the balance", too. If you watch Rebels, they have been warming audiences to the idea of a middle path that force users can take.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Half a decade from now isn't "so soon" imo, I think it's great.
Half a decade? It's nearly 2018. The next trilogy will start in 2021.

It's a ballsy to move on from the latest trilogy so soon.

I agree with this. I'd say it's even a stretch to believe he had ANY further adventures between Episode III and Episode IV (although I'm sure they probably will do this anyway). After the last scene in Episode III where he puts on the hood in Tatooine and drives off, it makes perfect sense for him to retire in hiding until Luke shows up.
We've seen him kill Maul, once and for all, in Star Wars Rebels. Bail Organa spoke with Mon Mothma about "The Jedi" in Rogue One, being Obi Wan.

There's no way he sat around for 19 years, waiting for the right time to begin Luke's training.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 12:41 PM 11-15-2017
Half a decade? It's nearly 2018. The next trilogy will start in 2021.

It's a ballsy to move on from the latest trilogy so soon.
Force Awakens came out in 2016. 21 minus 16 is 5 years. 5 years is half a decade.

We've seen him kill Maul, once and for all, in Star Wars Rebels. Bail Organa spoke with Mon Mothma about "The Jedi" in Rogue One, being Obi Wan.

There's no way he sat around for 19 years, waiting for the right time to begin Luke's training.
The fact that they brought back Maul in that stupid kid's show and want to claim it as "canon" says it all.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 11-15-2017
Force Awakens came out in 2016. 21 minus 16 is 5 years. 5 years is half a decade.
Actually, TFA was released in 2015

The fact that they brought back Maul in that stupid kid's show and want to claim it as "canon" says it all.
I am so glad that you are participating in this thread.

Unparalleled insight.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:54 PM 11-16-2017

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 11-17-2017
MOAR POE!!!!!
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:59 PM 11-17-2017
150 minute run time I read somewhere earlier. Longest Star Wars film to date.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:14 AM 11-20-2017

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:55 AM 11-20-2017
staring down snoke

creepin

full album

https://imgur.com/a/AjgTd
[Reply]
Page 92 of 268
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up