ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 103
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:47 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Itd be nice to get back to the Pinkel years. We may not have won any huge games, but we had the chance to. Hell we almost had a national title game appearance. Itll be nice to have both basketball and football competing every year.

I think Odom is poised to do that.

He’s got a better overall staff and I feel confident they’ll recruit better and work harder.

Pinkel’s staff got really complacent towards the end.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:08 PM 12-19-2018
Congrats on the recruiting success the past few weeks. So you all in the title game in 2021!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:11 PM 12-19-2018
Clay Travis had an interesting tidbit this morning on his radio show. No National Champion since 2000 Oklahoma has had a recruiting class worst than #10 on their national title team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Clay Travis had an interesting tidbit this morning on his radio show. No National Champion since 2000 Oklahoma has had a recruiting class worst than #10 on their national title team.
Hey man were both building and that arrow is definitely pointing up. Good luck Tiger fans!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:08 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He’s got a better overall staff and I feel confident they’ll recruit better and work harder.

does hill need to retire?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:41 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
does hill need to retire?
In a word, yes.

He's done a lot of great things for Mizzou and was a key part of Pinkel's rise/success. But he's clearly at the end of the road.

He's got one year left on his deal. They won't force him out, but I think we'll see a mutual parting of ways after 2019.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:25 PM 12-19-2018
OP updated with all commitments.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:45 AM 12-20-2018
So it looks like Justin Fields is going to transfer to tOSU and he might very well get a hardship waiver because his own fans were N-bombing him during the Tennessee game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:45 AM 12-20-2018

I was getting a bit worried at tbe beginning of the year, but now im as excited as ive been in a long time
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:47 AM 12-20-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
So it looks like Justin Fields is going to transfer to tOSU and he might very well get a hardship waiver because his own fans were N-bombing him during the Tennessee game.
No wonder Cuonzo Martin left that racist trash hole.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:48 AM 12-20-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No wonder Cuonzo Martin left that racist trash hole.
It was in Georgia by Georgia fans.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:10 AM 12-20-2018
SEC SEC SEC

It was in Georgia by Georgia fans.
I think it involved a baseball player and they had to kick him out in result.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:57 AM 12-20-2018
:-)... this guy.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:35 AM 12-20-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
:-)... this guy.

That's just gonna make his 30 for 30 comeback story even greater!
[Reply]
Sully 08:53 AM 12-20-2018
Graves will be a late commit and is still a big qualification question mark.

He’s got a lot of work to do at his JUcO to get eligible, and I’m not sure he can satisfy SEC requirements for JUcO players.
It's been since his Sr year in hs since I was a part of this conversation, but the kid was always going to be a qualification issue, and to make it worse, he just doesn't love football (or at least that was the case then. Maybe it has change, now). So there wasn't as big an incentive for him to work hard to get eligible.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 103
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Up