ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 173
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
threebag 09:08 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I hate to do this as a kid, we had apple trees.
We had crabapple trees. Grandma sure took a likin to those switches
Mulliganman 09:09 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yeah because he’s apparently a dumbass who thinks no one will pick Hill up eventually. Just silly.

Someone is going to pick him up. Too talented.
Exactly. Then he would likely be in line with other outlets printing up garbage like this after he signs on with someone else and a little time passes: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-in-cleveland/

What pisses me off on the pro football talk is this is the same site that for 3 days prior had Florio going on rants about the Chiefs needing to cut Hill.
bobbything 09:10 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Does basically every other business in my area also employ the same thing? Cause that's what we're taking about in the NFL.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that every other NFL team has the same set of policies in place for such a situation? Or that every other NFL team has someone like Hill on their squad that they have to deal with.

If the former, then I'd say that each NFL team can handle their business as they see fit. I'm just talking about Clark Hunt, in this situation. If the latter, I'd say that's not accurate.
Mecca 09:14 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that every other NFL team has the same set of policies in place for such a situation? Or that every other NFL team has someone like Hill on their squad that they have to deal with.

If the former, then I'd say that each NFL team can handle their business as they see fit. I'm just talking about Clark Hunt, in this situation. If the latter, I'd say that's not accurate.
I'm saying if every other business you compete with would take your high end employee the second you fired him because they also will employee low life people to get ahead...

Often times trying to be the bigger man or do the right thing just gets you fucked over. Today the Chiefs are being drug over the coals for an NFL issue.
Frazod 09:15 AM 04-29-2019
The bottom line is this - if the Chiefs release him, in all likelihood he will resurface on another team, just like Hunt did. And the same media assholes who are calling for his head now will give him a pass, just as they're now doing for Hunt. Stories of redemption and turning his life around and oh what a solid citizen he is, and a wonderful presence in the locker room, and the the fans of the Pats/Rams/Chargers just love him now. What a guy. And we won't get so much as a compensatory pick, an attaboy or a pat on the goddamn head from anybody.

If he played for an L.A. team, this would have been buried.

If he played for New England, this would have been buried.

If he was Colin fucking Kaepernick, this would have been buried.

And just like the Hunt fiasco, nobody loses but us, but hey, we get to add yet another moral victory to the ever-growing pile.

Do let me know when they add a Moral Victories Wing in Canton.
Pasta Little Brioni 09:15 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I want to congratulate you for achieving what no one on this board has been successfully able to accomplish since roughly 2009.

I have decided that getting my teeth drilled with a tin foil bit is preferable to reading even one more blurb from your keyboard.

Congratulations. You win.
Did you ever get your sake fetched?
Mecca 09:17 AM 04-29-2019
What I want to know is why are we expected to be a franchise that does this while other teams can win titles with shit bags?

Why is our team being held to a higher standard? Whey are they discussing wanting draft picks taken away, that wasn't brought up when the Patriots had a murderer on the team.

Do people really just have a hard on for not liking the Chiefs?
New World Order 09:19 AM 04-29-2019
What I want to know is why are we expected to be a franchise that does this while other teams can win titles with shit bags?

Why is our team being held to a higher standard? Whey are they discussing wanting draft picks taken away, that wasn't brought up when the Patriots had a murderer on the team.

Aaron Hernandez was a suspect in a MURDER investigation and he wasn't released.

He was only released when he was charged.

A bunch of hypocritical assholes we have in the world of sports and sports 'journalism'
htismaqe 09:19 AM 04-29-2019
I'm saying if every other business you compete with would take your high end employee the second you fired him because they also will employee low life people to get ahead...

Often times trying to be the bigger man or do the right thing just gets you fucked over. Today the Chiefs are being drug over the coals for an NFL issue.
This actually does happen all the time. Some companies will put up with it and some won't.

The issue is that in the actual private market, competition is uneven. Companies can give up talented employees for "optics" and make up the difference somewhere else.

NFL teams exist in a field leveled by regulation. All of the teams are forced to comply with the same competitive rules but not the same rules of conduct. If the Chiefs cut Hill because their fans demand it but the Raiders don't have to worry about it, that's a flaw in the system. And if the NFL steps in and does it for them, the NFLPA cries about blackballing and unfair treatment.

The whole structure is flawed and situations like this make it perfectly evident.
jd1020 09:20 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The bottom line is this - if the Chiefs release him, in all likelihood he will resurface on another team, just like Hunt did. And the same media assholes who are calling for his head now will give him a pass, just as they're now doing for Hunt. Stories of redemption and turning his life around and oh what a solid citizen he is, and a wonderful presence in the locker room, and the the fans of the Pats/Rams/Chargers just love him now. What a guy. And we won't get so much as a compensatory pick, an attaboy or a pat on the goddamn head from anybody.

If he played for an L.A. team, this would have been buried.

If he played for New England, this would have been buried.

If he was Colin ****ing Kaepernick, this would have been buried.

And just like the Hunt fiasco, nobody loses but us, but hey, we get to add yet another moral victory to the ever-growing pile.

Do let me know when they add a Moral Victories Wing in Canton.
To be fair, the Chiefs could always stop drafting these character risks and be the team that gives them a 2nd chance in the NFL after the drafting team gets "Chief'd."
htismaqe 09:20 AM 04-29-2019

Lamar Hunt. AFL.

Welcome to NFL purgatory.
Pasta Little Brioni 09:21 AM 04-29-2019
You don't cut him until it's clear he's banned for good....PERIOD
New World Order 09:21 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
To be fair, the Chiefs could always stop drafting these character risks and be the team that gives them a 2nd chance in the NFL after the drafting team gets "Chief'd."
What character risks did Kareem Hunt have prior to the draft?
Mecca 09:22 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Because 99% of teams don't do this right?

When all this is going on, Jeffery Simmons goes round 1, so lets not act like this is a Chiefs issue.
Mecca 09:22 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Lamar Hunt. AFL.

Welcome to NFL purgatory.
Expound upon that thought..so Lamar Hunt was a shitbag? Or because they're from the AFL they suck?
Page 91 of 173
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up