« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
George Liquor 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:39 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:

I know that pick was 'unusual' because S usually doesnt get drafted that high...
You are correct BUT remember that Ed Reed and Troy P had been roasting teams for several years prior and any team would give a top five pick for either one of those guys and who Berry was being compared to. Just saying.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:41 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Seriously.

Moving on from Maclin and Poe were good moves.

Poe reminds of of the defensive Branden Albert...back problems and very inconsistent.

Look how that played out.

Maclin got a 2/11 deal with minimal guarantees...there was an article a couple days ago saying he lost a step.

Saying either move was because of the salary cap is silly.
:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 05:43 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
This is my theory as well. This was all too fast, unexpected and dare I say possibly 'impulsive' on Clark's part. But that remains to be seen. And all the side drama didn't help Dorsey either i.e. to contracts. What is bolded above is the big tell and why this "did" catch Dorsey off guard. Dorsey didn't respect "Richie Cunningham" and then Richie showed Dorsey who was really the Fonz here IMHO.:-)

Good analysis srvy !!:-)
It wasn't impulsive.

78m in dead money in 4 years
Media leaked rumors of JD wanting to go to GB as GM
Been working on extension for months
Firing Maclin via VM
Lots of bad contracts

Andy/Clark hired Dorsey, now they need to find the next Dorsey.

Until the new guy is announced, I'm gonna reserve judgement.

The last 2 GMs Clark hired were considered the best available applicant available.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:43 PM 06-23-2017
What I find endlessly fascinating about this place is how quickly about 85% of the posters will turn on someone once they are no longer part of the tribe.
[Reply]
kgrund 05:46 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
What I find endlessly fascinating about this place is how quickly about 85% of the posters will turn on someone once they are no longer part of the tribe.
It is called human nature.😁
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:47 PM 06-23-2017
No me. Right about now, mommy Clark just dropped daddy Dorsey off at the Ramada Inn 'for a break' and left us sitting in front of Mork&Mindy with a Swanson frozen dinner.

I'm hoping daddy finds a new mommy who isn't such a raging c[h]unt.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:47 PM 06-23-2017
I hate the fact that Clark fired John. I'm not sure you mean me, I often get misunderstood as I point out both sides of an argument.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:52 PM 06-23-2017
I hate the fact that Clark fired John. I'm not sure you mean me, I often get misunderstood as I point out both sides of an argument.
No; I think you are actually pretty fair, albeit prone to a bit of optimism :-). Overall, though, there are a lot of people throwing a shitload of dirt on Dorsey when I would bet if I put up an approval poll 48 hours ago 80-90% of the posters would have thought he was an excellent GM.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:54 PM 06-23-2017

Media leaked rumors of JD wanting to go to GB as GM
Been working on extension for months
So are you saying JD wanted to leak this to the press as to put pressure on Clark to get a deal done much sooner then, regardless of Dorsey's dream job desire in GB?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:57 PM 06-23-2017
No; I think you are actually pretty fair, albeit prone to a bit of optimism :-). Overall, though, there are a lot of people throwing a shitload of dirt on Dorsey when I would bet if I put up an approval poll 48 hours ago 80-90% of the posters would have thought he was an excellent GM.
I wish this move had hadn't happened. But considering the info posted by RunKC and the logical conclusion that Dorsey wanted an escape clause, I can understand why it happened.

If everything Run posted is true (and I have no doubt that it's false), the relationship between Clark Hunt and John Dorsey was toxic.

As much as I imagine I'll miss Dorsey, a toxic relationship can only negatively affect a team's chance at a Super Bowl run.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:59 PM 06-23-2017
I really think Dorsey's gift IS finding football talent no doubt. But contracts are not. If you do decide to do a poll create an option for "great talent evaluator/poor cap mgmt".
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:00 PM 06-23-2017
Damn shame we couldn't keep Ballard but seems like the meat and potatoes of the problem happened after he was long gone.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:01 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This could've been something really special with Dorsey/Reid/Mahomes

Our only hope is that Veach can be 75% of the personnel guy Dorsey was and Mahomes turns into an elite QB
Pretty much.

If I had not much love for Clark before this, I sure as fuck have even less now.
And we can now put this "Clark hires and stands out of the way"-horse shit to rest, yep.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:04 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Pretty much.

If I had not much love for Clark before this, I sure as fuck have even less now.
And we can now put this "Clark hires and stands out of the way"-horse shit to rest, yep.
It sounds to me like Dorsey was handling personal matters very poorly, so Hunt felt compelled to rectify the damage.

Dorsey had been excellent at identifying college players that fit Reid's system but he was less than average in identifying pro free agents and signing them to contract commensurate with their abilities.

It also doesn't sound like Dorsey is much of a "People Person", which might be okay if you're Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells, but not okay when you're a GM of a team that hasn't won anything of significance since 1969.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:05 PM 06-23-2017
You all make valid points. To me, it's frustrating to have pointed out his issues with managing the cap for several years only to get brushed aside, then to have people use his issues with cap management as a justifiable reason for his removal when such issues were apparently fine a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 137
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Up