ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 120
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:04 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Obviously race plays a huge role in Flaherty's failings. He's oppressed.
He went to Harvard-Westlake, that's the epitome of privilege.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I can only comment on the couple games I tried to watch, and the last one was about a month ago, but the defense was ass in those games. I mean, it was embarrassing. Maybe I just caught them on a couple really bad days.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Their defense COULD be elite.

Arenado - Wynn - Edman - Goldschmidt

O'Neill - Nootbaar - A traffic Cone (which would be an upgrade on Walker)

The IF defense would be stellar but we won't just set it like that. And the OF defense, if you'd put Carlson in CF and Noot in RF, would be well above average.

They have the talent to be a premier defensive team - they just keep putting lousy defenders out there instead. And moving guys around daily. And then wondering why their run prevention is flaming ass.
We have a multiple issues to solve but our defense isn't near the top prioriy. We didn't add any starting pitching in the off season and it sunk our season is near the top.

But of course, the main one continues to the front office and Mo. Dewitt a close second for not spending some of the money he's making off the team.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 AM 09-21-2023
Holy hell I was wondering why Staylor was posting in this thread about the Cards while sounding like DJ.

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Holy hell I was wondering why Staylor was posting in this thread about the Cards while sounding like DJ.

:-)
We all float down here...

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:10 PM 09-21-2023
This painfully inept season is finally getting close to over.
Attached: IMG_8291.jpg (43.5 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 PM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This painfully inept season is finally getting close to over.
Next year will be just as bad.

The Cardinals 'feel good about their offense going into next year...'

Mozeliak "thinks the job [Marmol] does is good" and assured us he'll return.

Dewitt is smitten by the "proven track record" of John Mozeliak.

Oh, and they celebrate 3 million tickets sold last night.

This organization doesn't give a shit. And frankly that's probably a good thing because they thought they were playoff caliber this year. They're STUPID. If they actually tried, this team would be worse.

This year being over doesn't matter. Next year will be just as bad.

At least I hope so.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:41 AM 09-22-2023

OF Victor Scott II, RHP Tekoah Roby, C Jimmy Crooks, and notably … LHP Cooper Hjerpe are some of the #stlcards prospects headed here to Arizona for the invitation-only Arizona Fall League.#cardinals #MLB

— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) September 22, 2023

Congrats to 2023 #SGFCards Victor Scott II, Tekoah Roby, Andre Granillo and Pitching Coach Eric Peterson on being selected to the prestigious Arizona Fall League!

Edwin Nunez on our Postseason Roster will also represent the #STLCards on the Scottsdale roster.

The Fall League… pic.twitter.com/yRMyiWhYYN

— Springfield Cardinals (@Sgf_Cardinals) September 22, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:20 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:

Victor Scott has a chance to be good. I honestly don't know enough about Roby to make an informed comment.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:06 PM 09-29-2023

Adam Wainwright is out to pinch hit. #stlcards

— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) September 30, 2023

[Reply]
George Liquor 05:41 AM 09-30-2023
It's finally almost over with
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:31 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Oli Marmol is the first Cardinals manager since 1916 to lose 90 games and not be fired.
[Reply]
seclark 12:35 PM 09-30-2023
Just like that big turd’s just broken off.
sec
[Reply]
George Liquor 12:45 PM 09-30-2023
Oli Marmol is the first Cardinals manager since 1916 to lose 90 games and not be fired.
Excellent work Mo
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:03 PM 10-02-2023
Excellent work Mo
None of this is Oli's fault, just like it's not Mo's fault either. Schildt had to go because he told the truth and didn't toe the company line. That's unacceptable. If they can find a way to blame it on Schildt they should definitely do that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:11 PM 10-02-2023
Mozeliak can't fire him because he just hired him to replace a manager he should've never fired to begin with.

He's doubling down on Marmol despite NO indication that there's anything Marmol is actually good at because he doesn't have a choice. Firing Marmol is a loud admission of his own failures.

Mozeliak has NEVER been willing to do so. Oh sure, he'll offer the standard bullshit platitudes about holding himself and his team accountable - then he'll fire the assistant to the traveling secretary and go from there.

All the 'organizational change' shit they're talking about probably means we'll have a new bullpen catcher next season. There's nobody else on this team they're getting rid of apart from McEwing, who'll probably get off this sinking ship the first instant someone tosses him a life preserver.

It's a stupid, clueless organization that simultaneously lacks the intelligence to understand why they're bad and the humility to accept any such suggestions.

It's truly a perfect storm of incompetence.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 120
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Up