ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 195
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
tredadda 05:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Sometimes I scare myself.

And still no hate.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=2603
That’s my thing. Has Hill ever conveyed a desire to stay in KC long term?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well Nate Taylor said he has sources saying Tyreek told the Chiefs he'd sit without a new deal.
Of course he would have.

He’s a WR - he’s one misstep away from losing literally NINE figures. And he’s already wealthy enough to just walk away from the game if it came to that.

People have turned their brains off.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
There has gotta be a better way to create a some cap space. Hill had one year left on his deal. How much worse would our trade offer have been next year? A trade offer for Hill next year is likely the same as what we got.
Not if teams know he was gonna be a FA and a year older. Plus no guarantees he stayed healthy all year as well.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Of course he would have.

He’s a WR - he’s one misstep away from losing literally NINE figures. And he’s already wealthy enough to just walk away from the game if it came to that.

You are one of the posters on here who’s opinion I highly value and respect. I gave up on trying to read every post in this thread, but your opinion on this seems to have changed drastically from the first few pages and in a good way.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well Nate Taylor said he has sources saying Tyreek told the Chiefs he'd sit without a new deal.
So, Hill has one year left on the deal and threatens to sit out, call his bluff. Then trade him in 2023 after he comes back because no way he sits out the entire season. Maybe hill misses training camp. The offense this season with hill, juju and the draft had a chance to be the best ever.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:52 PM 03-23-2022
This trade is already a loss if Veach is going to waste the newly created cap space on deadweight garbage such as Ronald Jones and MVS.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That’s my thing. Has Hill ever conveyed a desire to stay in KC long term?
I don't think so. But it is a business that money talks, a lot. There was definitely warning signs that he was signaling.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:53 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This trade is already a loss if Veach is going to waste the newly created cap space on deadweight garbage such as Ronald Jones and MVS.
Those would likely be cheap 1 year deals...
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:53 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Do you somehow think that those guys are taking up anything more an $4-5 million if they sign here?
[Reply]
tredadda 05:53 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I don't think so. But it is a business that money talks, a lot. There was definitely warning signs that he was signaling.
The biggest one in my opinion was his refusal to restructure last year to help the team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:55 PM 03-23-2022
Neither one would be a bad signing.
[Reply]
jallmon 05:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s because it’s not really about Hill.

It’s all about him.

He’s an egomaniac.
He is injecting himself into the conversation. Must be missing something in his life, such as contact from a team?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The biggest one in my opinion was his refusal to restructure last year to help the team.
He already thought he got hosed on the DV shit when his contract was up before..
You can tell Tyreek thinks he's gotten jobbed out of money.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Do you somehow think that those guys are taking up anything more an $4-5 million if they sign here?
Even that amount is too much for them.

Part of the value of this trade is creating coveted cap space and to immediately waste some of it on deadweight garbage? No thanks.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Of course he would have.

Hill had no leverage to sit out with one year left on his contract. Only way we lose on calling his bluff is if he retires like Calvin Johnson and I don’t see that happening. Hill might have been worth more in trade if we make a run and the offense was historic with hill putting up huge numbers. Age didn’t hurt davante Adams trade value. He’s like 32?
[Reply]
Page 90 of 195
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up