ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 158
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:46 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Classic game in which refs favored Chiefs.. :-)

Chiefs got less penalty yards against them in that game despite their DB's holding more often than Patriots db's. Nice home field advantage there. When the Patriots players held skill position players and they did at times, they were usually called but when Chiefs did it, refs pretty much let them get away with it.

Hogan play was close but looked like a catch to me. The ref analyst Gene Steratore thought it was a play that couldn't be overturned and sort of hinted catch as well even before the folks in New York made their decision. Before thinking Steratore was offering anything but his honest opinion, he also immediately said a different Hogan catch on the field later in the game should be overturned with around 1 minute left in regulation and it was overturned as it should be in favor of the Chiefs. Anyways on first Hogan play, Chiefs defensive back was holding on the play but compared to some of the other holds/getting there early it wasn't as egregious.

When Patriots got physical, they got called for it but Chiefs got away with more stuff at home. For example, Kelce had a catch and them a fumble which was overturned by a Patriots player holding on other side of the field. Yes, Patriots player did hold but Chiefs were getting away with similar holds.

And the Ford offside was egregious. Refs willing to call offsides on Patriots as well like on the FG drive to tie it that was also the correct call before end of the game but Chiefs declined that penalty since there was a big pass play by Mahomes anyways on that one.

And Chiefs got the most consequential non call that either team was able to take direct advantage of. Illegal pick play that freed Sammy Watkins for 38 yards and allowed Chiefs to take the lead one play later with just a little over 2 minutes left.

I do agree with Chiefs fan that the "roughing the passer", against Brady was ticky tack. I would have let that one go but refs may have been signaling message you can't rough up the quarterbacks in this game. The refs were willing to throw the flags when Mahomes got hit as well. One one play, Patriots charged with two penalities....one was downfield for pass interference and I had no issue with that being called except Patriots weren't getting similar calls. The other was supposedly for "going low" according to Romo which I thought was supposed to be below the knee or at least at the knee. Maybe I saw that one incorrectly but I thought Patriots defender hit Mahomes in the middle of the thigh where there is a pad and then just had a light glancing blow/touch below the knee that happens all of the time. Maybe the real reason Mahomes got that call is they thought Patriots defender did more than one step after the throw. If that was the case, vert good call there since it was a fairly hard hit.
No one on here has issues with the Dee Ford offsides call. It was the right call. Fans were more upset with Ford being an idiot and not knowing what side of the ball to line up on than the refs on that call. Now the other calls like the BS "roughing the passer" on Jones are very suspect. Brady throughout his career has benefitted from "questionable calls". Only Patriots fans don't see what fans from the other 31 teams see.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:47 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by :
I do agree with Chiefs fan that the "roughing the passer", against Brady was ticky tack
Wait, are we talking about when Jones' arm came down and hit Brady in the shoulder pad, on a 3rd down in the 4th quarter?

It's not "ticky tack" WHEN THERE'S NO PENALTY! :-)

Ticky tack is "well, it's subjective and he could have let it go".... uh, there was nothing to let go because there was no penalty.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:56 AM 02-03-2021

Who’s ready for #SuperBowl pic.twitter.com/m9PzOEJqiy

— Tahlia Paris (@tahliaparis) February 2, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 02-03-2021
that girl can't name any other chiefs
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:00 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It's classic overcompensation...trying to convince himself that the win was legit.

I mean if that play is called correctly, Brady has one less ring...

If Pete Carroll doesn't make the worst coaching decision of his 35+ year career...Brady has 2 less rings.

And my all-time favorite....

If the Falcons simply kneel down 3 times then kick a FG...they go up 2 scores and are Superbowl champs. Even a HS coach couldn't have ****ed that one up.. The game was over...and Brady has 3 less rings.

If there was ever a "the fix was in" moment in a SB game...that one is pretty much the pinnacle.

Brady is no Montana...refs didn't gift him his SB appearances.
If Kurt Warner doesn't break a finger early on his throwing hand they get destroyed in that SB as well...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:01 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
and nobody gives a shit... WOW!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:07 AM 02-03-2021
Not a single fuck was given
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:14 AM 02-03-2021
I couldnt name her until today, everyone gets a chance to learn something new this week!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:29 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Different post but I have dispelled the notion of super weak AFC East as well. AFC East not a tough division to play in during the Brady years but not the garbage that many not Patriots fans unfamiliar with AFC East suspect.

https://patriotsdynasty.info/blog/20...finitive-guide

Probably the 2nd best Patriots team and best during the Brady years not to make the Super Bowl were beaten by the NY Jets in 2010. People forget because of their current lack of success but Jets had fairly long stretch of doing well but just couldn't get to the Super Bowl. They made the AFB Championship game around 2-3 times during the Brady years.
Hi. I remember when you joined CP and I thought you were definitely one of the better Patriots fans.

Please feel free to stick around but don't litter our SB thread with your Patriots of yesteryear bullshit.

Thank you.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:58 AM 02-03-2021

[Reply]
BlackOp 11:00 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If Kurt Warner doesn't break a finger early on his throwing hand they get destroyed in that SB as well...
Giselle's black magick strikes again...has there ever been a critical post-season event/call that didn't go Brady's way?

The reality is he was a great QB that the NFL manufactured into a legend...on an even playing field he has 3 rings.

Should have lost to the Jags and Chiefs...the common denominator is Clete Bakeman...who just did the Packers/Bucs game.

He has had the same official for his last 3 championship games...and they have all had some level of controversy that he was the beneficiary of.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 AM 02-03-2021

Some positive health news for the #Chiefs, as everyone is expected to practice — except LT Eric Fisher, of course. So Sammy Watkins and his calf are in a good place.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 3, 2021

[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 11:21 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
So they’re going to cheat.
My bigger concern is the video screens behind the goal posts. I recall watching the game in week 12 and when Butker was attempting field goals, they played live video on the screens behind the goal posts from an odd angle and it was very distracting. But when Tampa was attempting FG's, it was a solid Tampa logo screen instead of video.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:25 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Hammy just tore his labia peeling an orange
[Reply]
Frazod 11:28 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Does "everybody" include Schwartz?
[Reply]
Page 90 of 158
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Up