Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
digger 05:59 PM 01-08-2023
In Vearch we Trust...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:33 PM 01-08-2023
NFL Reality: Hey, Beach, betcha can't completely remake the OL in one offseason!
Beach: LOL

NFL Reality: Hey, Beach, betcha can't completely remake the secondary AND receiving corps in one offseason!
Beach: Seriously? LOL
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:39 PM 01-08-2023
Put clownshoes on Paton
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:44 PM 01-08-2023
Most people when they find themselves in a deep hole put down their shovel. The broncos on the other hand stay with Paton lol.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:54 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Kinnard has a real opportunity next year to be our starting RT and I hope so.
Honestly, I don’t think that’s possible. The necessary tools to guard the edge at this level are just not there. He might stick at guard, but the guy didn’t even belong on a practice field with nfl players at camp. He got whooped on every damn rep. He wasn’t much different in ps.
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
Most people when they find themselves in a deep hole put down their shovel. The broncos on the other hand stay with Paton lol.
Trying to hire a guy that Drew Brees carried for a decade and only got one ring to try and fix their broken pile of bones QB is funny.

Right up there with bragging about their field being so bad they had to spend 400,000 to replace it for one game.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:00 PM 01-08-2023
CP posters aren't exactly known for that, either. See: Karlaftis-hater.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:28 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Put clownshoes on Paton
:-)

GM's who want total 100% control always end up being clowns because they always hire "yes men" type head coaches who will not question them. Look at King Carl for us once Marty left and who he hired. Same for Pioli who "thought" Haley was a yes man but Haley's mistake was taking our gig with no QB. When you look at the :-) since Manning with Elway GMing look at who they hired as head coaches since 2015. Not ready for prime time coaches.

IF they think they can land Sean Peyton they better give up total control to Sean, because I assure he will want total personnel control because he is coming into a situation with no draft picks and a QB who doesn't know the WC offense.
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:02 PM 01-08-2023
In fairness to Pioli, I don’t think he “thought” very much at all. Pioli probably sat through the 9 hour interview with Clark Hunt and Andy Reid thinking how great it was going to be having Andy working for him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:12 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
In fairness to Pioli, I don’t think he “thought” very much at all. Pioli probably sat through the 9 hour interview with Clark Hunt and Andy Reid thinking how great it was going to be having Andy working for him.
Actually, pioli brought in his usual slate of parcells tree guys and was laughed out of the room and clark hunt declared he, not pioli, was going to conduct the next head coach search.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:15 AM 01-09-2023
The amazing thing is we just won the #1 seed after cleaning up our roster. We are set for the next 5 years and for life after a rich version of mahomes.

Most viable teams in the hunt have not paid their qb. Teams like the bengals have an absurd amount of “free” talent. Teams like buffalo and LaC can barely even afford the guys they have.

They better enjoy it now because the hangover is gonna be ugly.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:19 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Actually, pioli brought in his usual slate of parcells tree guys and was laughed out of the room and clark hunt declared he, not pioli, was going to conduct the next head coach search.
What you mean you wouldn’t have wanted the Kirk Ferentz experience in KC?
[Reply]
JPH83 08:30 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
NFL Reality: Hey, Beach, betcha can't completely remake the OL in one offseason!
Beach: LOL

NFL Reality: Hey, Beach, betcha can't completely remake the secondary AND receiving corps in one offseason!
Beach: Seriously? LOL
Not meaning to disagree with the hits...but have you seen our OTs?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:33 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Not meaning to disagree with the hits...but have you seen our OTs?
I know this is the narrative, but it's been much better the last 7 games, and wasn't ever nearly as bad as folks were saying.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:39 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Kinnard has a real opportunity next year to be our starting RT and I hope so.
Ain’t happening
[Reply]
JPH83 08:42 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I know this is the narrative, but it's been much better the last 7 games, and wasn't ever nearly as bad as folks were saying.
Yeah, I'm being obnoxious, but given we pretty much are all looking at the need to upgrade at both positions, the OL is definitely a partial rebuild.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 112
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Up