ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 108
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
O.city 01:26 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We have to get healthy and stay that way. I don’t feel good about it, but the truth is we’re almost there.
Hopefully.

I worry about Clarks neck but other than that it's mostly soft tissue so that hopefully will be fine.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:26 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@kent_swanson: It won't cost the Chiefs a draft pick to sign Aqib Talib when the Dolphins release him.
Does this guy not know how wavier wire works?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:28 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Does this guy not know how wavier wire works?
he wont be subject to waivers
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:29 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
he wont be subject to waivers
All players after trade deadline are buddy
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:29 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Don't ask them to very much? I dunno.

I know not every team has a legit ILB that can cover RB's, especially when they're split out wide.
The RB's being split out wide was GB's answer to our heavy fronts and loaded box that we showed against Denver the previous week.

Gonna go heavy? Ok then we'll force those LB's into man coverage.

So what's your counter to that? Go light again and get gashed for 6 YPC every run?

There is no good answer here other than players just playing better. But im not sure how Hitchens/Ragland will magically get faster.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:29 PM 10-29-2019
Our best bet is for House to earn his money and to continue to coach up the linebackers.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:29 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hopefully.

I worry about Clarks neck but other than that it's mostly soft tissue so that hopefully will be fine.
Clark’s neck is a weird situation. He definitely injured it in the Colts game and went back in and then played in the Broncos game before missing all of practice and the Packers game last week. I’m wondering if they just decided the time to get him healthy was now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
with the change our defense has made toward the blitz...I'd almost be happier going with an oversized safety at LB. would fit our scheme better for coverage reasons.
When you have true 'stuffer' DTs in the middle, you can probably get away with that. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pivot in that direction next season when Jones walks.

Nnadi and another space filler (Saunders if he can get that base just a little stouter at contact) can take enough heat off the Mike that an undersized athlete might be just fine. Not DoD (he's more 'tweener' than 'hybrid', IMO), but someone with just a little more thump behind them.

Deion Jones is probably asking a bit much, but someone of a similar stripe. A 225ish lb athlete who can hold up at the point of attack but isn't necessarily going to be a monster there. Joe Schobert has been mentioned in the draft thread and yeah, he's almost exactly what I'd have in mind.

I think of Schobert as being a 'game' run defender more than I do a guy who's gonna go blowing up run plays. He's gritty and determined and finds a way to involve himself in the run even if he isn't wrecking them; not unlike DJ in a lot of ways. But he's an elite coverage backer. Jones is like that as well.

They can be found, but it's not terribly easy. And no, there's nothing remotely resembling that on this squad right now. Not with Lee having regressed to his Jets form instead of the pretty physical presence he was in the pre-season.
[Reply]
O.city 01:30 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The RB's being split out wide was GB's answer to our heavy fronts and loaded box that we showed against Denver the previous week.

So what's your counter to that? Go light again and get gashed for 6 YPC every run?

There is no good answer here other than players just playing better. But im not sure how Hitchens/Ragland will magically get faster.
It's kind of why its important for the offense to do it's part. If it's just mowing people down like they were early, teams can't get us in those fucked up spots as much.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:31 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
DOD is probably our best bet. At least among LBs.
You say that because he's the only one who hasn't shown his suck yet. YET.

But im pretty skeptical about a guy who can't get on the field as being our best bet.

Our BEST bet is D.Lee nutting up against the run.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:31 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

That’s why the only solution is for the offense to be healthy/elite. Take away the running game early and get those slow LB’s off the field for the rest of the game.
[Reply]
O.city 01:33 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When you have true 'stuffer' DTs in the middle, you can probably get away with that. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pivot in that direction next season when Jones walks.

Nnadi and another space filler (Saunders if he can get that base just a little stouter at contact) can take enough heat off the Mike that an undersized athlete might be just fine. Not DoD (he's more 'tweener' than 'hybrid', IMO), but someone with just a little more thump behind them.

Deion Jones is probably asking a bit much, but someone of a similar stripe. A 225ish lb athlete who can hold up at the point of attack but isn't necessarily going to be a monster there. Joe Schobert has been mentioned in the draft thread and yeah, he's almost exactly what I'd have in mind.

I think of Schobert as being a 'game' run defender more than I do a guy who's gonna go blowing up run plays. He's gritty and determined and finds a way to involve himself in the run even if he isn't wrecking them; not unlike DJ in a lot of ways. But he's an elite coverage backer. Jones is like that as well.

They can be found, but it's not terribly easy. And no, there's nothing remotely resembling that on this squad right now. Not with Lee having regressed to his Jets form instead of the pretty physical presence he was in the pre-season.
That sucks about Lee, cause he did look better in the preseason. He put some weight on to be stronger I suppose and just looks slow and now can't tackle.

It sucks that Belicheck can find these dudes that can do a bit of everything on the street and we can't but that's normal.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:34 PM 10-29-2019
NFL trade deadline is so boring compared to the NBA trade deadline. IMO, PIT, LAR and HOU fucked everyone else with stupid fucking trades.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:35 PM 10-29-2019
I’m glad to see Veach is working the Phones!!

BREAKING: Brett Veach trades 1st round pick for extra cholesterol and diabetes. (per @AdamSchefter) pic.twitter.com/nudQ1friS6

— ky. DUKE HATE WEEK (@PraiseMahomes) October 29, 2019

[Reply]
BossChief 01:35 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
NFL trade deadline is so boring compared to the NBA trade deadline. IMO, PIT, LAR and HOU fucked everyone else with stupid fucking trades.
How are any of those trades stupid?
[Reply]
Page 90 of 108
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Up