ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mike Tomlin gets 3-yr extension from Steelers.
scho63 10:12 AM 06-11-2024
Just breaking now.

Is it me or do the Steelers feel like they are morphing to the Bears from the last 30 years?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:33 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And why Kraft fired Belichick is also irrelevant.
brings up Belichick’s firing

5 seconds later

“Belichick doesn’t matter!” :-)

Originally Posted by RunKC:
The tough pill to swallow for the Steelers is you can’t win the way the Lions as 49ers do in the AFC. There’s too many good QB’s here.

They could probably win a playoff game or 2 in the NFC but not the AFC
Yeah, this is a good point.

Since Tomlin was hired in 2008 or whatever, they've also lived under the thumb of two separate dynasties. That’s tough sledding for any organization.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:38 AM 06-12-2024
Tomlin is a good coach. He’s elevated his teams with crap qbs unlike Belichick. That’s why he he has a longer leash
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:44 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

5 seconds later

Since Tomlin was hired in 2008 or whatever, they've also lived under the thumb of two separate dynasties. That’s tough sledding for any organization.
Ill quote htismaque: better than bad does not equal good and turn it on you. Better than mediocre does not equal good enough.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:55 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
We're just on the other side of it now, having Pat, but there's just not many elite level franchise QB's and most of the time, you won't have one.

Then you'll just inevitably lose to one in the playoffs.
Which is true of just about every good team; it's REALLY hard to win a Super Bowl, which is why I don't understand the hand-waving regarding Tomlin's Super Bowl win.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:56 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The tough pill to swallow for the Steelers is you can’t win the way the Lions as 49ers do in the AFC. There’s too many good QB’s here.

They could probably win a playoff game or 2 in the NFC but not the AFC
That's a really good point.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:17 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

5 seconds later

You're so fucking reeruned.

Why did you leave the rest of that post out you disingenuous fuck?

I didn't say "Belichick doesn't matter", buffoon. I said why Kraft fired him is irrelevant, because most people agree that he should've lost his job based on the on the field performance/failure anyways.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:23 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Tomlin is a good coach. He’s elevated his teams with crap qbs unlike Belichick. That’s why he he has a longer leash
Holy fuck this thread has some awful takes.

Playoff wins without Big Ben: 0
[Reply]
Mecca 12:24 PM 06-12-2024
I mean if they fire him are they going to do better? I think that's the real question here.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:25 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean if they fire him are they going to do better? I think that's the real question here.
No, the question isn't "are they?", it's "can they?", and they absolutely can do better (or worse to be fair).
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:32 PM 06-12-2024
Holy fuck this thread has some awful takes.

And....Boooom
[Reply]
New World Order 12:33 PM 06-12-2024
Holy **** this thread has some awful takes.

He's only coached for 2 seasons without Big Ben. One of those was a playoff appearance with 3rd stringer Mason Rudolph.

Both were also winnig seasons.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He's only coached for 2 seasons without Big Ben. One of those was a playoff appearance with 3rd stringer Mason Rudolph.

Both were also winnig seasons.
:-)

I just can't with this "winning seasons" bullshit any longer. They're mediocre as fuck, winning season or not, and they haven't won a playoff game since 2016 (by my math that's including quite a bit of Big Ben's last few years).

Belichick had a "winning season" with Matt Cassel. He won quite of games with backups QBs that made people say similar things about him elevating those QBs.

The longer Tomlin goes without Big Ben, the more exposed he will become.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:47 PM 06-12-2024
:-)

I just can't with this "winning seasons" bullshit any longer. They're mediocre as ****, winning season or not, and they haven't won a playoff game since 2016 (by my math that's including quite a bit of Big Ben's last few years).

Belichick had a "winning season" with Matt Cassel. He won quite of games with backups QBs that made people say similar things about him elevating those QBs.

The longer Tomlin goes without Big Ben, the more exposed he will become.
That's kinda the point. He took a very mediocre team to the playoffs. I would probably say less than medicore looking at their dreadful qb situation.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:52 PM 06-12-2024
:-) :-) :-)
His resume speaks for itself. You can hate all you want but it's extremely hard to win in this league.

I think some of you here forget how much the Chiefs organization struggled before Reid and then Mahomes got here. What was it - 40-years without a playoff victory? Constant losing seasons, garbage defenses/offenses, garbage QBs, terrible HCs etc...

You don't have Tomlin's resume in this league if you are a bad HC. There's just no way a bad HC would be able to pull off what he has so far in this coaching career.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:56 PM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Ill quote htismaque: better than bad does not equal good and turn it on you. Better than mediocre does not equal good enough.
I don’t disagree.

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which is true of just about every good team; it's REALLY hard to win a Super Bowl, which is why I don't understand the hand-waving regarding Tomlin's Super Bowl win.
Right. And ignoring the fact that he coached the team back to another Super Bowl in his fourth season.

Anyone who’s been a Chiefs fan during this dynasty run knows how rough the turnover is each season you’re at or near the top. Those arguing he was handed a SB squad have no leg to stand on after he took them back years later.

Why did you leave the rest of that post out you disingenuous fuck?.
Because that was an old argument that doesn’t need to be rehashed here. Your argument is weak so you’re resorting to ad hom attacks. Very uncouth but can’t say I’m surprised.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up