ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bengals looking to trade John Ross
Dante84 12:52 PM 02-26-2019

Sources tell me the Cincinnati Bengals are hoping to trade receiver John Ross and will field offers during the combine. We'll have more tonight during our podcast.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) February 26, 2019

Wonder what the asking price is?
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 10-21-2020
What’s Mercilus contract look like?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:49 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
What’s Mercilus contract look like?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-...mercilus-9836/
[Reply]
Dante84 09:53 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We don't need another speed demon. We already have a good, better, younger one in mecole thats already battling for reps.
I, and many, many others, would agree.

However, Veach may not, as evidenced by his widely reported interest in Ruggs before the draft.

I think his vision is that the train can keep rolling if Hill/Hardman go down, and maximizing Andy's ability to scheme up crazy shit.

I'd love to have a big-bodied WR to compliment the fast guys, but if Veach has a vision, who am I to disagree?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:00 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I, and many, many others, would agree.

However, Veach may not, as evidenced by his widely reported interest in Ruggs before the draft.

I think his vision is that the train can keep rolling if Hill/Hardman go down, and maximizing Andy's ability to scheme up crazy shit.

I'd love to have a big-bodied WR to compliment the fast guys, but if Veach has a vision, who am I to disagree?
You may not have noticed, but ruggs actually looks like a football player.

Ross sucks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
To be fair I don't expect those guys back either..unless they're going to basically play for less money.
They'll have to be replaced.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:06 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
You may not have noticed, but ruggs actually looks like a football player.

Ross sucks.
Oh I don't disagree. I just know Veach has a penchant for reclamation projects, and this would be that. Some work out, some don't.

The latest example is Taco.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:08 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They'll have to be replaced.
The only ones I think might be back are Watkins and Breeland and that's because they've already taken less to come back once and I'd place Breeland low on that list.

Damian Wilson might because off the ball LB's don't really get paid unless they are freaks.

But some of those guys like Sorensons 3rd safety role, LDT, Okafor is toast..I don't think Kpass comes back either...should be able to find what these guys do much cheaper.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:11 AM 10-21-2020
The only ones I think might be back are Watkins and Breeland and that's because they've already taken less to come back once and I'd place Breeland low on that list.

Damian Wilson might because off the ball LB's don't really get paid unless they are freaks.

But some of those guys like Sorensons 3rd safety role, LDT, Okafor is toast..I don't think Kpass comes back either...should be able to find what these guys do much cheaper.
Not cheap enough to afford Zach Cunningham.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 AM 10-21-2020
Not cheap enough to afford Zach Cunningham.
Well no, we have to continue to hit on draft picks and find bargain free agents that either want to establish themselves or re-establish themselves, the Taco Charltons or Le'Veon Bells. Or frankly dudes who are ring chasing because they are close to done.
[Reply]
In58men 10:32 AM 10-21-2020
The Bills released veteran G Quinton Spain. A 29-year old who has been basically a full-time starter for four straight seasons is now available for teams looking for interior OL help.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
The Bills released veteran G Quinton Spain. A 29-year old who has been basically a full-time starter for four straight seasons is now available for teams looking for interior OL help.
Yeah, he got beat out by Winters.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:34 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
I would think we have to kick the tires even if hes been pretty shitty, things are thin for us right now. Unless they feel really good about rankin coming back strong. I'm personally worried, broken legs on big guys can be slow recoveries.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 10-21-2020
Well no, we have to continue to hit on draft picks and find bargain free agents that either want to establish themselves or re-establish themselves, the Taco Charltons or Le'Veon Bells. Or frankly dudes who are ring chasing because they are close to done.
Of course, but we won't even be able to sign guys like that if we signed a big dollar off-the-ball LB. Teams in the day and age just aren't built that way.

I don't understand everybody's obsession with paying big bucks to LB's, especially when this team plays so much nickel. Get some fast guys in the draft and develop them.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 10-21-2020
Of course, but we won't even be able to sign guys like that if we signed a big dollar off-the-ball LB. Teams in the day and age just aren't built that way.

I don't understand everybody's obsession with paying big bucks to LB's, especially when this team plays so much nickel. Get some fast guys in the draft and develop them.
It's just because we aren't good at the position, to be fair the Chiefs need to shed Wilson and Hitchens contracts in the next 2 years and save money there, not get more expensive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 AM 10-21-2020
It's just because we aren't good at the position, to be fair the Chiefs need to shed Wilson and Hitchens contracts in the next 2 years and save money there, not get more expensive.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up