ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 75
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Car Care and Detailing Thread
lewdog 10:44 PM 03-07-2015
Others mentioned I should start this thread in my other thread. And while I won't have the new car for a while, I'd like to hear some thoughts and recommendations so I can have most of it on hand before the car shows up. My other thread had a lot of great posts in it and you guys have been a big help.

While black cars looks great clean, keeping it relatively clean in Phoenix might be the death of me. But I'll sure as shit give it my best shot.

I actually like cleaning and waxing our current cars but it's not like I am being meticulous about it. I've never had a car with rims either and I know those can get dirty quick. I've never owned a dark colored car and I've never had a car with leather. I plan to take really good care of this car and would like some tips on doing so. But I'm just a fucking n00b.

I'll throw some links out from Amazon as I mention things.

Some of the things already on my list are:
1. Not sure if everyone recommends :-)wool wash mitt over micorfiber here but many people I know do?
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Genuin...wool+wash+mitt

2. Grit guard and two wash buckets. One for rinse and one for soap/water.

http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Genuin...wool+wash+mitt

3. Waffle Weave Drying towel. There are tons of towels out there but this seems to be able to take up a lot of water.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001Q8DMA0/...I21164SXVV1AWB

4. Car Wash

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009IQXFO/...b_recs_2_title

Some mention that after washing you should use a paint cleanser before waxing. But wondering if washing then clay baring is sufficient prior to wax?

I've seen this P21S Paintwork Cleanser mentioned on a few reads. Looks like good use for water spots and swirls prior to waxing if needed. Not sure if you would do entire car first or just use it for bad spots before waxing?

http://www.amazon.com/P21S-12350B-Pa...twork+Cleanser

Also, a company called Zaino has great reviews and recommendations. They have a package that looks like it includes all products I'd need together including wash, polish, wax, leather and tire care.

http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/mercha...y_Code=prokits

I do not have a polisher and would need to get one of those as well but not sure where to start on that front.

Can't wait to see what you guys have tried and recommend.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:32 AM 04-10-2015
And it changed to a BMW
[Reply]
lewdog 10:12 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy fuck. You didn't actually do that, did you?
I love that I come off as such a dumbass to do something like that!

Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
And it changed to a BMW
I knew I wouldn't have you on this joke. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 10:26 PM 04-10-2015
Got a first wash in yesterday as it was dirty and buggy from being on that semi for 3 days. Pretty crazy what shows up on black but I can watch the Royals on the laptop in the garage so that a win. Can't believe this car is 10 years old. She's loud as fuck too. I learned my FIL removed to muffler along with the addition of the Lunati Cams.

And yes, my car WILL ALWAYS BE GARAGED when I am not at work. No exceptions.

[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:27 PM 04-10-2015
Looks pimp brother, nice ride.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 10:33 PM 04-10-2015
Come on man!! Take that damn steering wheel cover off! Would have been the first thing I did.

Looks great though, congrats and enjoy!
[Reply]
lewdog 10:39 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Come on man!! Take that damn steering wheel cover off! Would have been the first thing I did.

Looks great though, congrats and enjoy!
I did right after the pictures. I left it on just for the pictures so you guys could bitch some more! :-)
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 10:53 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I did right after the pictures. I left it on just for the pictures so you guys could bitch some more! :-)
Thank you!!:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 PM 04-10-2015
Looks great man. Really great.

I can't believe I fell for the sandpaper thing. That was well played. :-)
[Reply]
Miles 11:02 PM 04-10-2015
Pics look really good. Nice work getting it shipped to you rather than waiting and driving it back.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:40 AM 04-11-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Looks great man. Really great.

I can't believe I fell for the sandpaper thing. That was well played. :-)
I am a pretty big n00b so I can see how you fell for it.

Originally Posted by Miles:
Pics look really good. Nice work getting it shipped to you rather than waiting and driving it back.
Yea it was much better. My wife was getting impatient and she arranged all the shipping. Was quick and painless.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:01 AM 04-11-2015
That was great. :-)

Congrats... I washed mine all the freakin' time when I first got it, and for that reason I'm kind of glad to get away from black. But, it does look pretty damn sharp, and well, I'm washing the new one just as much. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:10 AM 04-11-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That was great. :-)

Congrats... I washed mine all the freakin' time when I first got it, and for that reason I'm kind of glad to get away from black. But, it does look pretty damn sharp, and well, I'm washing the new one just as much. :-)
Hey you took delivery of the blue BMW? Wheres the damn pics!
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:12 AM 04-11-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So I tried your method near the back end where it wasn't super dirty to start and it scratched the **** out of my paint! Like dude, were you joking about this working well?!?!?

Posts like this are why you are one of my favorite posters here. I can't believe you got a few people to fall for it. Well played, sir. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:23 AM 04-11-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Hey you took delivery of the blue BMW? Wheres the damn pics!
Well, I'd have to wash it first...

I have a couple crappy cell phone pics in the rain (it actually started hailing while we were sitting in the car going over stuff inside their dealer delivery room), but I'll see what I can do. And speaking of hail, it actually got hailed on for about 20 seconds the other day, but it was really small hail that didn't do any damage... I'm going to need a carport at work.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:21 PM 04-11-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm going to need a carport at work.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 75
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up