ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Fox: The X-Files
keg in kc 05:07 PM 01-17-2015
Seem like I'm about 23 years behind on this one?

(Jesus, 23 years?!)

Apparently not. Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring it back, including having David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise Scully and Mulder. Nothing creative yet, just seeing how schedules line up, but still...

Also having (unrelated of course) talks about bringing back Prison Break and running a Kiefer-free version of 24 (not sure how that would work; he was that snow).
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:29 PM 01-27-2016
Enjoyed the first two episodes immensely.

Went in after reading some of the reviews and thought "Uh oh...", but it's the same X-Files I grew up with. Hope they continue past this six-episode mini-series!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:39 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If I was trying to 'piss on' people here, I would've taken Deberg to task for not googling it himself. 'Reyes X-files' and 'Annabeth X-files' BOTH pull up multiple articles within milliseconds. This would have taken Dane OR DeBerg 3 seconds to find.

Look at it this way, if someone asked 'how does Manning look for the SB' and I pulled up a story about eating lunch with Eli a year ago where Eli told me personally that Manning was going to retire before the 2015 season, are you suggesting no one would pass me shit about it?
It wasn't a "year ago" it was last spring.

Regardless, I passed on info from an actual conversation.

Rest assured, it won't happen again, regardless of the topic.
[Reply]
eDave 10:44 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Aw man.

Way to go BL.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:48 PM 01-27-2016
Fuck it. No, no, no. Reyes will NOT be in the X-Files reboot. This has been verified. End of story.

Happy?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:48 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Aw man.

Way to go BL.
Blame Annabeth, not me.
[Reply]
007 11:10 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

bullshit. you keep on giving us the gossip.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:51 AM 01-28-2016
Dramatic scene went a little different than planned in filming

https://www.facebook.com/gillianande...6983972445376/
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:06 AM 01-28-2016
Wow
[Reply]
Lzen 08:54 AM 01-28-2016
I enjoyed the first episode. The second one was not as enjoyable. Too much dialogue and running around everywhere. Of course, this is exactly how the original series was, IIRC.
[Reply]
Nzoner 02:00 PM 01-28-2016
Never got to see every episode but there was one that stuck with me so I did a Netflix search the other night and found it and watched it again.Also thanks to this video learned it was only episode that FOX wouldn't rebroadcast.

Home

[Reply]
notorious 07:03 PM 01-28-2016
Yes, that was the episode that premiered the first week of the first year I was at flight school.

It was a good one.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01-28-2016, 07:43 PM
This message has been deleted by SAUTO.
NJChiefsFan 10:25 PM 01-28-2016
Ratings were very good. 13.5 million viewers. Some of that is from the NFCC, but at the same time, a lot of people didn't seem to know it was on or missed it because of the start time due to the game. For reference, the finale only had 12 million, as did the original premiere. IIRC, the highest episode in viewers was in season 4 or 5. "Leonard Betts" or "Herrenvolk". Some episode around there got like 19 million.

Episode 2 got around 9 million. Anything near there going forward is a great sign for a possible renewal.

I enjoyed both episodes. Much better than I feared reading some reviews. I didn't love the mythology and hope it turns out to not be true(for the sake of the original series mythology), but I liked them anyway. Too much was shown to the viewers when Mulder was not around proving alien existence in the conspiracy to make the all-government angle believable. The "it was all for show" doesn't wash for that reason alone. Hell the death of the syndicate puts a major flaw in this story. The bounty hunter would also be a disaster if viewed as a government man.

Anyway, thought the second episode was good, not great. Had a Fringe/X-Men feel to it. Not really interested in the William angle, never was, but it was necessary to address it. Hope the next episode is funny and they follow it with a legit scary episode. As always, the MOTW is probably what will allow the ratings to sink or swim.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:20 PM 01-29-2016
I missed the first episode. I thought the second one was ok. Nice to see that it got decent ratings. Bring on the Monsters of the Week!
[Reply]
Bowser 07:19 PM 01-30-2016
And Baby Lee fucks up my chances with Annabeth Gish.

Welp, time to watch my DVR'd X-Files episodes. And drink heavily.
[Reply]
alanm 01:27 AM 01-31-2016
Just finished watching both episodes on the Fox website. Enjoyed the hell outta both shows. Gillian Anderson's voice sounds sexy as hell these days.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up