ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
SuperChief 08:44 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I learned a long time ago buying a launch system is a good way to get bugs, buy one in March and you're good.
This has not been my experience. Or anyone else's that I know of.
[Reply]
Pants 08:53 AM 09-17-2020
Genius move by Sony to have a full power console without an optical disk reader at such a low price point.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:50 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
This has not been my experience. Or anyone else's that I know of.
Really you didn't know anyone that got the dead PS4's from Amazon that just flashed a blue light? Or the xbox ones that launched that had dead disc drives?
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:26 AM 09-17-2020
Really you didn't know anyone that got the dead PS4's from Amazon that just flashed a blue light? Or the xbox ones that launched that had dead disc drives?
Not personally, no. I bought a day 1 PS4 from Amazon and it’s still going strong. I’m playing through RDR2 right now. I’m not saying they didn’t exist, it’s just not my experience or any of my friends.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:33 AM 09-17-2020
Or the Xbox 360 red ring of death. Supposedly that cost Microsoft 1 billion dollars.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Or the Xbox 360 red ring of death. Supposedly that cost Microsoft 1 billion dollars.
Yeah, that's the only one I remember. You could wrap it in a towel to overheat it and reset it IIRC.
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:43 AM 09-17-2020
If ya'll see more available pre-orders, let a dude know.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:00 AM 09-17-2020
I'll probably get the version that plays 4K dvds.

Stupid to buy a top-tier 4K television with HDR, etc......and not have the ability to watch a 4K movie with the best possible picture.

Streaming, as it stands now (even when ultra-HD and solid connection) isnt the same thing/level.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:01 AM 09-17-2020
This guy is a must follow. Been on top of every single pre-order opening. Got an amazon link before it was even live.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64
[Reply]
SuperChief 10:57 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This guy is a must follow. Been on top of every single pre-order opening. Got an amazon link before it was even live.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64
Yes. This is why I came here lol. Thank you.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:05 AM 09-17-2020
I'm just too slow for this stuff I guess. Yesterday I was busy. Had no idea when places started selling them. Then I went to bed around 11:30 and woke up about 6:30. The places that went live between those times sold out of course, and by the time I got online this morning to check things out, Amazon had already come and gone. People just live on the frickin internet or what? I can almost guarantee I'll miss any restocks too lol. It'll take a real stroke of luck.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 AM 09-17-2020
I'm just too slow for this stuff I guess. Yesterday I was busy. Had no idea when places started selling them. Then I went to bed around 11:30 and woke up about 6:30. The places that went live between those times sold out of course, and by the time I got online this morning to check things out, Amazon had already come and gone. People just live on the frickin internet or what? I can almost guarantee I'll miss any restocks too lol. It'll take a real stroke of luck.
People had alarms set for this shit like xmas day.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:41 AM 09-17-2020
People had alarms set for this shit like xmas day.
I signed up for notification on Playstation a couple months ago and got nothin.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:48 AM 09-17-2020
Playstation jobbed people, the stores went live before PS told anyone.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:08 PM 09-17-2020
I got an email late last night from Playstation - I'm supposed to follow a link they provided tomorrow morning, login with network ID, and get placed in a waiting room - and hope that I get picked to be able to preorder.

For anyone who's ever tried to get comic-con tickets......probably similar process.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up