ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:10 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
hes just not being used properly this year..Andys love affair of Shady is hurting this team

Seems like a good cheerleader.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:41 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Seems like a good cheerleader.
i guess you missed his TD and didnt watch up to 2:34 where he laid out JJ Watt and kept stride on his route

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:57 AM 10-29-2019
Looks like Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson are the Chiefs best two RB options at this point.

McCoy is turnover prone and Damien Williams is a down waster with his 1.7 YPC no gains.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:01 AM 10-29-2019
Williams actually raised his ypc to 2.1
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:11 AM 10-29-2019
If only we could have a good RB like Le'Veon Bell or Melvin Gordon.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:11 AM 10-29-2019
While Damien Williams has been a disappointment this year, I still think he ends up being the top back when it really matters. Let's evaluate things when Fisher returns. I think the play calling this year has been really bad.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:13 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
While Damien Williams has been a disappointment this year, I still think he ends up being the top back when it really matters. Let's evaluate things when Fisher returns. I think the play calling this year has been really bad.
You can't blame the line and play calling for him sucking. Mccoy seems to be doing fine with that same line and play calling
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:17 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You can't blame the line and play calling for him sucking. Mccoy seems to be doing fine with that same line and play calling
its not fair, mccoy had 5 years practice with no oline.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:40 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Hunt's a great player.

It wouldn't make a dramatic difference right now.

The problems we have are 1)Reid forgetting that you're allowed to run the ball, and 2) massive offensive line injuries.

Add that to the fact that Reid requires lighter, quicker, more mobile offensive linemen to pull off his scheme in which nearly everyone must be able to pull all the way across the line at any time, and you're not going to have mauler-type linemen. You can run the ball, but it's always going to be mis-direction based and not a straight up Smash-mouth style. We're not suited for that up front and never will be. It's why we have issues in 3rd and 4th and short or goal-line situations stuffing it in. The trade-off is that we're pretty damned explosive as when it's run correctly, we get RB's into the second level untouched and if the linebackers misread the play, they might just be gone for 6.

So, like anything else, there are plusses and minuses.

The whole left side of our line has been bullshit all year; that's the problem. Shady's more elusive, and so that has helped him have a better average. Damien I think is the better receiver. I'd like to see more of Darrel as I think he's got potential to be better all around as a dual threat than either at this point in their careers. (Obviously not peak years Shady.) But nobody's going to look great until we get the line healthy and Fisher back. Fisher has been sorely underappreciated on this board.
I also wonder how much our not running has to do with running a ton of shotgun. I'm more surprised that we don't do a ton of misdirection.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:47 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Melvin Gordon.
DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:36 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Looks like Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson are the Chiefs best two RB options at this point.

McCoy is turnover prone and Damien Williams is a down waster with his 1.7 YPC no gains.
McCoy has fumbled 25 times with 2981 rushes and receptions including the playoffs.

Just to compare that to other great RBs with a large sample size:
Adrian Peterson has 49 fumbles with 3,323 rushes/receptions.
OJ Simpson had 62 fumbles with 2,622 rushes/receptions.
Barry Sanders had 42 fumbles with 3,526 rushes/receptions.
Marcus Allen had 72 fumbles with 3,929 rushes/receptions.
LaDainian Tomlinson had 32 fumbles with 3,954 rushes/receptions.
Emmitt Smith had 65 fumbles with 5,319 rushes/receptions.
Walter Payton had 90 fumbles with 4,532 rushes/receptions.
Priest Holmes had 17 fumbles with 2,167 rushes/receptions.

The narrative that Shady fumbles a lot, that he has ever been 'fumble-prone' is utter nonsense.

In fact, he's one of the least 'fumble-prone' RBs to EVER to play the game. Now can we shut the door on the false narrative that Shady has a ball security problem?

Dumbasses . . . .
[Reply]
DTVietnam 04:27 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
McCoy has fumbled 25 times with 2981 rushes and receptions including the playoffs.

Just to compare that to other great RBs with a large sample size:
Adrian Peterson has 49 fumbles with 3,323 rushes/receptions.
OJ Simpson had 62 fumbles with 2,622 rushes/receptions.
Barry Sanders had 42 fumbles with 3,526 rushes/receptions.
Marcus Allen had 72 fumbles with 3,929 rushes/receptions.
LaDainian Tomlinson had 32 fumbles with 3,954 rushes/receptions.
Emmitt Smith had 65 fumbles with 5,319 rushes/receptions.
Walter Payton had 90 fumbles with 4,532 rushes/receptions.
Priest Holmes had 17 fumbles with 2,167 rushes/receptions.

The narrative that Shady fumbles a lot, that he has ever been 'fumble-prone' is utter nonsense.

In fact, he's one of the least 'fumble-prone' RBs to EVER to play the game. Now can we shut the door on the false narrative that Shady has a ball security problem?

Dumbasses . . . .

69 carries 2 lost fumbles...both in big moments..1 cost us the game
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:30 PM 10-29-2019

The n00b is an quantitative analytics junkie
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:31 PM 10-29-2019

And i have a feeling our coaches have repeatedly told him to watch how he carries the ball but he still isnt being as cautious as he should which is why he is getting benched after he fumbles.
[Reply]
dls6501 04:32 PM 10-29-2019
Damien Williams should receive the bulk of RB touches. Just my opinion, but he is our best RB.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up