ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year
Mosbonian 10:40 AM 07-29-2019
Got my lower level seat....

Almost 20 years of being on here and I have managed to be inconspicuous to most of the community. Going to ruin that now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:10 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Got my lower level seat....

Almost 20 years of being on here and I have managed to be inconspicuous to most of the community. Going to ruin that now.
why? You can keep the low profile.

We signed the contract today. The Jaguars and their lawyers, sponsors. KC BBQ society, Arrowhead South, Jacksonville Convention bureau. Phones calls into the Mayor are going to be be made for help with resources and publicity.

The conventions and visitors bureau sent a car with blacked out windows with a driver to take our event planner to the meeting with the Jags. They want in. Will promote us and the fundraiser. Will find additional sponsors to get our expenses down.

Now the Hilton wants in too. They are the closest hotel to the stadium offering us a helluva deal. Will even let us bring the fundraiser into their ballrooms in case of rain. Will promote the fundraiser to every guest in their 1000 rooms.

“X”parking lot is an easy 5 minute walk to the stadium. BBQ teams will come from KC and they will use local teams in their BBQ society.

More details to be announced in the next day or two.
[Reply]
RowdyRaytown 05:35 AM 07-30-2019
7 of us from KCMO are flying into Jacksonville for this game. This is the first I have read of this. So who do I talk to about tailgating in lot X? We are needing a spot to tailgate and raise hell for the game.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:37 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
why? You can keep the low profile.

We signed the contract today. The Jaguars and their lawyers, sponsors. KC BBQ society, Arrowhead South, Jacksonville Convention bureau. Phones calls into the Mayor are going to be be made for help with resources and publicity.

The conventions and visitors bureau sent a car with blacked out windows with a driver to take our event planner to the meeting with the Jags. They want in. Will promote us and the fundraiser. Will find additional sponsors to get our expenses down.

Now the Hilton wants in too. They are the closest hotel to the stadium offering us a helluva deal. Will even let us bring the fundraiser into their ballrooms in case of rain. Will promote the fundraiser to every guest in their 1000 rooms.

“X”parking lot is an easy 5 minute walk to the stadium. BBQ teams will come from KC and they will use local teams in their BBQ society.

More details to be announced in the next day or two.
Very nice. Good job. I got my tickets in the lower level. Will be a cool birthday gift.
[Reply]
scho63 09:05 AM 07-30-2019
You guys need to get a TRUE TV press reporter from KC to do a story on this and a video.

That would be awesome
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:42 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
You guys need to get a TRUE TV press reporter from KC to do a story on this and a video.

That would be awesome
The visitors bureau is already planning the local media for interviews.

As far as anyone know at the Jags this has never been done in the NFL. They have had large groups from a single city. or state. Multiple cities and states fans organized at the grass roots levels by volunteers without help from the team. For charity. Nope.

Anyone here have contacts with the anyone in the local KC media?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:41 PM 07-30-2019

As far as anyone know at the Jags this has never been done in the NFL. They have had large groups from a single city. or state. Multiple cities and states fans organized at the grass roots levels by volunteers without help from the team. For charity. Nope.

You need to ask the Jags if they can get Shelby Danielson to do the local media coverage. She is a reporter here in Jacksonville and is a big Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
58-4ever 04:43 PM 07-31-2019

I have a friend at 610 that hosts a show ...
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:48 PM 07-30-2019
Also....depending on the size of contingents coming in town those of us in town might try to coordinate some airport pickup and transportation to the downtown hotels for our fellow Chiefs brothers and sisters.

Not sure how many might need it but I will try to make myself available.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:26 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Also....depending on the size of contingents coming in town those of us in town might try to coordinate some airport pickup and transportation to the downtown hotels for our fellow Chiefs brothers and sisters.

Not sure how many might need it but I will try to make myself available.
As of right now, 356 upper level seats sold. 163 lower level seats sold. Thats only through the link or buyers that told the Jags they were with Arrowhead South. We are guesstimating another 150 bought through Ticketmaster or 3rd party sellers. Over 1000 at the tailgate. Thats a lot of trips to the airport. :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:46 PM 07-30-2019
As of right now, 356 upper level seats sold. 163 lower level seats sold. Thats only through the link or buyers that told the Jags they were with Arrowhead South. We are guesstimating another 150 bought through Ticketmaster or 3rd party sellers. Over 1000 at the tailgate. Thats a lot of trips to the airport. :-)
Yeah....not everyone is going to need a ride. I was just making myself available in case someone gets in a pinch.
[Reply]
58-4ever 01:02 PM 08-06-2019
we are flying Southwest on the way in, Delta on the way out.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:44 PM 07-30-2019
Long time lurker here at CP....my girlfriend and I plus my son and his girlfriend will be coming up from Orlando....really excited for all of this and definitely interested in the Saturday festivities and BBQ and tailgate on Sunday
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:13 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Long time lurker here at CP....my girlfriend and I plus my son and his girlfriend will be coming up from Orlando....really excited for all of this and definitely interested in the Saturday festivities and BBQ and tailgate on Sunday
Nice of you to come out of your shell. Post more, lurk less.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:26 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nice of you to come out of your shell. Post more, lurk less.
Thanks...I'll do that!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up