ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign FA CB Mo Claiborne
Chiefshrink 06:19 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Teams have been shying away from him because of the four-game suspension. If it wasn't for that, he would have been signed long ago.
Nah, if he was all that to your point he would have been signed a long time ago "in spite of" a 4 game suspension. Teams aren't afraid of small suspensions IF the player can just flat out "ball" especially at the CB position. Just saying.:-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:08 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Nah, if he was all that to your point he would have been signed a long time ago "in spite of" a 4 game suspension. Teams aren't afraid of small suspensions IF the player can just flat out "ball" especially at the CB position. Just saying.:-)
Well...

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/ex-j...-new-team.html

Former Jets cornerback Morris Claiborne, who remains a free agent, is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, according to NFL Network.

And that essentially explains why a veteran like Claiborne is still available. Claiborne is appealing, and his suspension could be reduced, according to NFL Network.

But in the meantime, teams are mostly steering clear of him, at least until the matter is finalized.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...me-suspension/

Cornerback Morris Claiborne remains a free agent and his unavailability for the first weeks of the regular season may have something to do with his inability to land a job.

NFL Media reports that Claiborne is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:13 PM 08-08-2019
Last seasons secondary was...

Nelson, Parker, Sorensen, Fuller, Scandrick, Lucas, Ward, Smith, Murray, Berry, (out for most of the season), Watts (only played a few games)

This season's secondary group right now is...

Breeland, HoneyBadger, Thornhill, Ward, Mo, Fuller, Lucas, Watts, Sorensen, Feilds, Wade, Hunter etc etc

The new group is much younger with more speed and better tackling ability imo. Way more confident in this group than the last that's for sure.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:15 PM 08-08-2019
He sucked with the Cowboys and played on some pretty bad defenses there

My expectations are low. Extremely low.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:18 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He sucked with the Cowboys and played on some pretty bad defenses there

:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:20 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think that every time I happen to stumble upon one of your threads or posts, and yet you still manage to let me down damn near every time.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:38 PM 08-08-2019
Cowboys north on D
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:49 PM 08-08-2019
Not what I was hoping for, that’s for sure

At the same time, it’s nothing to be pissed off about either... our cupboard wasn’t completely bare back there to begin with
[Reply]
BWillie 05:08 PM 08-08-2019
WE signed this piece of shit. Yet. Didn't we?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 05:31 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
WE signed this piece of shit. Yet. Didn't we?
This piece of shit has, in fact, been signed.
[Reply]
O.city 05:52 PM 08-08-2019
I think the ravens will cut some cbs that may be worth picking ip
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:29 PM 08-08-2019
I don’t have much faith MC but he is a body and going into the season with Breeland, ward and a ufa as a choices on the outside, it’s a no brainer signing given the cap room. There doesn’t seem like there was a lot of options out there via trade right now. This defense is gonna come down to the d line and safety play being great.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 09:46 PM 08-08-2019
So players miss out on salary while suspended.

But veteran's base salary is guaranteed.

So do Chiefs save 25%-ish of his guaranteed salary during his suspension? Does it count against the cap?

Capologists? What say you?
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:52 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
So players miss out on salary while suspended.

But veteran's base salary is guaranteed.

So do Chiefs save 25%-ish of his guaranteed salary during his suspension? Does it count against the cap?

Capologists? What say you?
This came from an older 2015 cbssports,com story but the figures are close to what's happening with Morris Claiborne so I will post.

Originally Posted by :
The actual cost of a suspension of the same length for two players with the same offense is usually different because of salary and contract structure. For example, a player suspended four games for performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) with a $1.7 million base salary costs twice as much as a player with the same PED suspension that has an $850,000 base salary. The first player will lose $400,000, or 4/17ths of his base salary. Whereas 4/17ths of the second player's base salary is $200,000.

The teams of the players will get a salary cap credit in the current season for the amount of the suspensions.

Other salary components can be at risk with suspensions. Teams can recoup the same proportion of the prorated amount of a player's signing bonus as he's losing in base salary. If the first player in the previous example had $1.275 million of signing bonus proration, he would be out an additional $300,000 because his team would also recover 4/17ths of the proration. The total cost of his suspension would be $700,000.

Teams are required under the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) to recoup signing bonuses for PED and substance-abuse suspensions.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:28 PM 08-08-2019
He seems to be able to make open field tackles. That would be nice for games 5-SB...
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up