ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 195
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and COVID created an unusually deep 2022 NFL draft.

Those picks just have more value this year.

This wasn’t done without a great deal of though, guys.
That’s why I like our return better than the Packers.

Not a huge difference between 22 (or is it 23?) and 29, and we have more chances to hit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:39 PM 03-23-2022
Go run some more hills Clay

https://youtu.be/nlGaPS-FbCw
[Reply]
Mecca 05:40 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Honestly I wouldn't. Different situations and reasons. Can't lump everyone into the same box.
So if someone offered to double your pay to do the same thing, you'd say no?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:42 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Why didn’t this trade happen next year? Davante Adams was in a contract year. Hill had one more year left on his deal.
Well Nate Taylor said he has sources saying Tyreek told the Chiefs he'd sit without a new deal.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:42 PM 03-23-2022
For all the people who think this was waiving the white flag for 2022 because of the time it will take for these picks to develop - you do realize we got the NFL's top-rated Center and a stud starting ILB late in the 2nd round of the last draft, right? And a starting, highly-rated Guard in the 6th?

It's not inconceivable at all that if we keep all these picks, around half of them might step right in and produce at a high level this upcoming season. You HAD to make this move if you were Veach, especially when you're paying a franchise QB.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:42 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well Nate Taylor said he has sources saying Tyreek told the Chiefs he'd sit without a new deal.
SuperTurtle said this wasn’t the case though…
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:43 PM 03-23-2022
Shaggy “I’m a dipshit” Shane should be happy. Now he just needs Reid to retire.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:43 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I always say take it for what it's worth Bell is the only guy that actually did it.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:43 PM 03-23-2022
Just read the news . . . . . . well that sucks.

We’re a much less dangerous team on offense w/o Reek.

But I guess if he wanted an unreasonable amount of money then he kind of forced our hand. Should have gotten the deal done long ago before the Davante deal. But maybe Reek’s agent was holding out hoping someone would get ‘paid’ and reset the WR market. It clearly happened.

I guess it’s good to get some draft picks that will be useful and free up all that cap room, but make no mistake we are a worse team now than we were yesterday. But, again, I get it if Veach was forced and didn’t have a choice. We obviously can’t afford to pay him $30 mil. per year. So it is what it is.

Sucks to see him go.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:44 PM 03-23-2022
Sometimes I scare myself.

And still no hate.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=2603
[Reply]
Mecca 05:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
For all the people who think this was waiving the white flag for 2022 because of the time it will take for these picks to develop - you do realize we got the NFL's top-rated Center and a stud starting ILB late in the 2nd round of the last draft, right? And a starting, highly-rated Guard in the 6th?

It's not inconceivable at all that if we keep all these picks, around half of them might step right in and produce at a high level this upcoming season. You HAD to make this move if you were Veach, especially when you're paying a franchise QB.
Those positions usually have reutne fast just like RB...WRs generally don't, it's why rookie WRs with big years is a huge talking point.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:45 PM 03-23-2022
For all the people who think this was waiving the white flag for 2022 because of the time it will take for these picks to develop - you do realize we got the NFL's top-rated Center and a stud starting ILB late in the 2nd round last draft, right? And a highly-rated Guard in the 6th?

It's not inconceivable at all that if we keep all these picks, around half of them might step right in and produce at a high level. You HAD to make this move if you were Veach, especially when you're paying a franchise QB.
Pointing to the fact the Chiefs have a track record of finding instant impact players/starters at other positions outside of the first round doesn’t disprove the reality that they have also struggled to draft instant impact WR’s under Andy Reid.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:45 PM 03-23-2022

Not waving the white flag, and I understand the move, but based on history how many WRs have stepped in as rookies and produced in a Reid offense.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because we have like 28 guys on the roster and no cap space. Something had to give. If he wasn’t going to extend to reduce that hit we were running out of alternatives.
There has gotta be a better way to create a some cap space. Hill had one year left on his deal. How much worse would our trade offer have been next year? A trade offer for Hill next year is likely the same as what we got.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Actually I said if he did, that's not a problem since you're doing us a favor as far as cap space in 2023. He'd still be there for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 195
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up