ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 112
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:27 PM 01-07-2023
Cook and Skyy have both flashed. Chenal looks destined to be the starting SAM for a while.

Nazee Johnson looks good on special teams.

Out of 10 players only Kinnard has yet to do anything. That's amazing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:49 AM 01-08-2023
One of Veach's greatest accomplishments this year, if the Chiefs win the SB this season or even next season, was acquiring Kadarius Toney. The timing was nearly perfect; right when Mecole first went out with an injury, iirc. And now the guy is beginning to really produce on the field. The guy is going to be a big part of the success of this team for awhile. He's electric. Just a really nice get by Veach.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:16 AM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Cook and Skyy have both flashed. Chenal looks destined to be the starting SAM for a while.

Kinnard has a real opportunity next year to be our starting RT and I hope so.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:22 AM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He'll get a shot. It's also possible he's really a guard, plenty of teams thought so.
[Reply]
TEX 07:23 AM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He'll get a shot. It's also possible he's really a guard, plenty of teams thought so.
Most everyone grading him did also.
[Reply]
TEX 07:28 AM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

I agree except for Skyy. The guy has not shown much and has looked completely lost at times. He has made a few plays here and there though. Maybe he will improve next season. Players can make a big jump from year 1 to 2. Also hard for a rookie WR in Reid's system. But IMO, if he were anything special, he would have shown more.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:24 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He will, and I guess we will see. Not sure he’s RT material. Would love to be wrong though.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:35 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He will, and I guess we will see. Not sure he’s RT material. Would love to be wrong though.
According to CP, they seem to believe his build is better for RG. Maybe he'll be decent depth at that position, which is honestly fine for a Round 5 pick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
One of Veach's greatest accomplishments this year, if the Chiefs win the SB this season or even next season, was acquiring Kadarius Toney. The timing was nearly perfect; right when Mecole first went out with an injury, iirc. And now the guy is beginning to really produce on the field. The guy is going to be a big part of the success of this team for awhile. He's electric. Just a really nice get by Veach.
He's a legit WR1. That's exciting.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:38 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
According to CP, they seem to believe his build is better for RG. Maybe he'll be decent depth at that position, which is honestly fine for a Round 5 pick.
Yup. Solid depth on the line is never a bad thing.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:33 PM 01-08-2023
Dunno how I'd grade the draft at this point, it still feels stupid before a couple of years have passed. There's always guys you like more and players that could've been picked that end up being better than those chosen, but that's why I dont think an A+ draft is possible. It's basically picking the best guy at every pick.

It IS pretty amazing how many snaps we've got from this class, and how few look like liabilities. Kinnard was the worst but he's going to be a guard and I think still has a good chance to make it there.

The 7th round moves though do seem pretty insane. Getting anything at all would've been a bonus. Pacheco is a plus starter, Watson looks like he could be a passable rotational CB, and Johnson really does look like a solid ST dude who could develop.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:34 PM 01-08-2023
Thank you again bork laser!
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:39 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
I agree except for Skyy. The guy has not shown much and has looked completely lost at times. He has made a few plays here and there though. Maybe he will improve next season. Players can make a big jump from year 1 to 2. Also hard for a rookie WR in Reid's system. But IMO, if he were anything special, he would have shown more.
He made one of the best sideline toe-tap catches I've ever seen in the preseason. And has made really good catches in game even right after fumbling a punt, which I think is a good sign. Most of his issues seem to have to do with fixable stuff like not knowing where he should be.

Next year we'll know whether Skyy is a starting #2 or #3 WR or not.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:12 PM 01-08-2023
Man, if you can get Toney's hammys under control, You're golden for the next three or four years at WR.
I know it's unpopular, but I still have hopes for Justyn Ross as well. It's really only two injuries; and he's on IR because they did a shit job repairing it the first time.

Anyway. Yeah. Love Veach.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:28 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Man, if you can get Toney's hammys under control, You're golden for the next three or four years at WR.
I know it's unpopular, but I still have hopes for Justyn Ross as well. It's really only two injuries; and he's on IR because they did a shit job repairing it the first time.

Anyway. Yeah. Love Veach.

I was just reading through about to mention Justyn Ross. That's a great under the radar one.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 112
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Up