ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 111
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:15 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Breeland is like the Tre Boston of 1 year deals and I dont get it. Dude is actually pretty good youd think someone would lock him up long term.
Teams wanna see that foot and right now they can't.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:20 PM 03-29-2020
Fenton can give us what Fuller did, at a fraction of the cost.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:22 PM 03-29-2020
Not to to go full on O.City, but I’m starting to lean towards his pessimism for the season. Not that it will be cancelled, but that it will be delayed and start in October instead of September.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:24 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs are currently Cap Compliant and won't need to worry about signing their draft class until late July, and that's only if Training Camps open as scheduled.

There is plenty of time for the Chiefs to renegotiate a deal with Watkins, extend Jones, then re-sign Breeland.
Are they definitely cap compliant? I know these things aren't super accurate but Over the cap suggests we don't have the cap space to actually sign Robinson or Sherman to the deals recently announced.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:39 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Are they definitely cap compliant? I know these things aren't super accurate but Over the cap suggests we don't have the cap space to actually sign Robinson or Sherman to the deals recently announced.
I haven't read the entire 2020-2030 CBA so I can't confirm but in the previous CBA, only the first 51 highest cap numbers were counted against the cap.

That may have changed in the new CBA because roster size has increased from 53 to 55 but if that still holds true, the reason they're not counted against the cap is because the Chiefs have already reached that threshold, so as long as they continue to sign guys to the Vet Minimum, there won't be any additional cap hits.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:47 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Fenton can give us what Fuller did, at a fraction of the cost.
Totally. Fenton, Thornhill and Ward are great foundational pieces in our secondary.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:10 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not to to go full on O.City, but I’m starting to lean towards his pessimism for the season. Not that it will be cancelled, but that it will be delayed and start in October instead of September.
I'm hoping some hot, dry summer weather puts this thing in check and we can start being normal again
[Reply]
nychief 04:51 PM 03-29-2020
Darby for 1 year 4 million to the skins.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-ronald-darby

Should be the market for Breeland.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:55 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by nychief:
Darby for 1 year 4 million to the skins.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-ronald-darby

Should be the market for Breeland.
:-) no.
[Reply]
Wilson8 06:18 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So, what do you think the market for Bashaud Breeland is? Will it be higher or lower than Darby? A few CBs are getting paid, but the money that several CBs are getting is lower than what was expected 3 months ago.

Kendall Fuller - 4 year, $40 M
Trae Waynes - 3 year, $42 M
Eli Apple - 1 year, $6 M
Josh Norman - 1 year, $6 M
Mackensie Alexander - 1 year, $4 M
Ronald Darby - 1 year, $4 M
Jimmy Smith - 1 year, $3.5 M
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:21 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
you think that's funny? Really?

Let's hear your prediction, for the record.

I bet a deal very like Darby's is what he's looking at.

But by all means, let's hear your prediction.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:33 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
you think that's funny? Really?

Let's hear your prediction, for the record.

I bet a deal very like Darby's is what he's looking at.

But by all means, let's hear your prediction.
I dont have a prediction but Darby is total ass cheeks. Breeland is a much better player and if they get similar money that's a steal for whoever signs Breeland.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:36 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
So, what do you think the market for Bashaud Breeland is? Will it be higher or lower than Darby? A few CBs are getting paid, but the money that several CBs are getting is lower than what was expected 3 months ago.

Kendall Fuller - 4 year, $40 M
Trae Waynes - 3 year, $42 M
Eli Apple - 1 year, $6 M
Josh Norman - 1 year, $6 M
Mackensie Alexander - 1 year, $4 M
Ronald Darby - 1 year, $4 M
Jimmy Smith - 1 year, $3.5 M
Wonder what he would think of 2 year, $20 million?
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:52 PM 03-29-2020
I'll never understand the fascination for Bashaud Breeland around here. Clearly the most overrated Chiefs player on this board.

Serviceable player but I couldn't care less if he was not resigned.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:06 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I'll never understand the fascination for Bashaud Breeland around here. Clearly the most overrated Chiefs player on this board.

Serviceable player but I couldn't care less if he was not resigned.
Doesn't have to be him, but we need someone. Are we going to pick cornerback with 3 of our 5 draft picks and hope they're all ready to contribute from day 1? Because we currently have what, 2 corners under contract?
[Reply]
Page 89 of 111
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Up