ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 298
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
scho63 06:39 AM 10-15-2018
What would make Bob Sutton think that giving Tom Brady 6-8 seconds to throw each down that somehow our secondary would make plays and prevent completions? :-)
[Reply]
bevischief 07:01 AM 10-15-2018
He hasn't been taken to the pasture yet?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:13 AM 10-15-2018
It would be fairly futile to fire him at this point in the season...waste of time. However, the second that the season is over - he MUST be given his walking papers.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:17 AM 10-15-2018
maybe play 4 downline man so we dont get ran the fuck over. Blitz to create pressure, its obvious what he is doing isnt working so make some type of change. I understand the talent level isnt there but come on man fuck
[Reply]
DRM08 07:20 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If this was the talent another coordinator was given I'm not sure they'd be any better.
That’s my thought as well. They miss a lot of tackles and they aren’t good in pass coverage. Not sure how the playcalling would fix these problems.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:24 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Would it have hurt to try? Did anybody think Bob was the answer?
Schemes are over-rated.

This is especially true on defense. The jags literally have like 3 defensive plays. Same was true for Jim Johnson in those years in Philly. 3 plays. Different personnel packages, but only 3 plays. There's only a handful of great DC's, and Sutton isn't one of them.

Go ahead and list the defensive personnel that was on the field last night and tell me they should be better than that. One look at the injury report and you should have known what would happen in this game.

Blame Sutton if you want, but you're sure as shit not giving a pass to the front office that built this shit-show. KC is one injury away from this D having comparable talent to DV's career day defenses.
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 07:25 AM 10-15-2018
Here's the thing: they are on track to be the worst defence in the HISTORY of the NFL. Let that sink in for a minute. Then - is this the worst group of defensive players in the history of the NFL??? I very much doubt it. Granted there have been a lot of rule changes favoring the offences but this is on Sutton - no doubt.
[Reply]
ping2000 07:35 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
Here's the thing: they are on track to be the worst defence in the HISTORY of the NFL. Let that sink in for a minute. Then - is this the worst group of defensive players in the history of the NFL??? I very much doubt it. Granted there have been a lot of rule changes favoring the offences but this is on Sutton - no doubt.
Sutton is very goal driven. I'm confident he'll get this.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:41 AM 10-15-2018
Sometimes, regardless of the blame it's time for people to move on.
It was time for Andy Reid in Philly, and he has resurrected himself.

It is (and has been) time for Sob Button to move on. Perhaps he can do better somewhere else where the talent matched his style, but the Chiefs need completely blown up.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:42 AM 10-15-2018
2 of the 4 worst blown leads in playoff history.....now this. Yeah, Bob Sutton has nothing to do with any of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:43 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
When a team look slow, lazy in pursuit, and can't tackle...

Well, that's a problem that goes beyond just scheme. It's about how they're preparing, and that's on Reid, sutton, and the ENTIRE defensive coaching staff.

We're not fixing this defense by scapegoating ONE GUY. This is something that needs addressed at every level. Personnel and coaching.

Fire sutton, I don't care, but it's not going to solve this unless we address the deeper issues as well. You'll just be rotating in a new scapegoat otherwise, like KC did with that shit show defense in the early 2000's. Fired G rob and the defense got WORSE because he wasn't the only problem.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:43 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If this was the talent another coordinator was given I'm not sure they'd be any better.
Are you suggesting that Veach thought, "because the players suck, why not keep Bob"?

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:43 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Are you suggesting that Veach thought, "because the players suck, why not keep Bob"?

No, but Reid pretty much said that in different words.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:46 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
It would be fairly futile to fire him at this point in the season...waste of time. However, the second that the season is over - he MUST be given his walking papers.
Could his backup do worse? I think it might, magically, provide a spark. It would at least be some new/different ideas. I'd hope his backup can see what many of us see and might not repeat the same mistakes.

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:48 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No, but Reid pretty much said that in different words.
Reid is the guy who's getting the easy pass on this and it's annoying as fuck.

He's the head coach. The shit that shows up on film from this defense shouldn't be tolerated.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 298
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up