ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 163
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
petegz28 08:34 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea if it was simply a matter of either Hill or Crystal abused the kid and they weren't sure which, it seems pretty easy to charge both parents with neglect and or abuse and go from there. I mean I would hope that's the typical standard.
That's kind of what I think. Charge them both and whomever else might be suspected if you are so sure a crime was committed.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:35 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Huh? He said it was a matter of who not if...he said a crime had been committed.
I think he said "believed" a crime had been committed. If he could prove it someone would have been charged. Either way it was a bad press conference for Hill. Ugly look.
[Reply]
srvy 08:35 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sure, it was a very public case of a very public individual. But, there should have been a press release of a will not be prosecuted letter. A press conference was designed to convict him in the court of public opinion and or promote the DA's political ambitions.
And thats exactly what I stated in this thread right after that news conference wrapped. It was a bad look.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:37 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He cost himself money and probably at least a year of playing on the tag...but odds are he stays.
Only because nobody will touch him.

I anticipate a long suspension coming down from the NFL. The Chiefs are no-win here.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:38 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

I anticipate a long suspension coming down from the NFL. The Chiefs are no-win here.
I dunno, it's really hard to say what will happen because he doesn't have an accuser or a criminal charge now.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:42 AM 04-25-2019

They probably just can't charge him because his wife won't testify and they don't have a case without her.

Some info (such as photos) will probably leak eventually and he'll be released on the spot. I think the chances he ever appears in a game for the Chiefs again are pretty low.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:42 AM 04-25-2019
Guessing the DA and prosecutors are going to let CPS do the dirty work to gather more evidence if what others have said is even remotely true
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:43 AM 04-25-2019
To be honest, the Chiefs have already won.

They took a chance on a guy in the 5th round who was only available at that point in the draft because of the DV concerns. They got 3 amazing years from him on his rookie contract.

It'll suck if we have to release him because of the what-might-have-been, but we'll have absolutely won out in spades.

(This at least helps me to feel less awful about what I unfortunately expect to be the end result.)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:43 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Chiefs are turning into the Bengals with a better QB.
cringe.

Well...

I had trepidation about Hill when we drafted him. I didn't like it; but I've lived enough life to have seen good people do fucked up things and was open to a second chance. Unfortunately, I've also seen abusive behavior become a pattern.

Hunt is not the same; nothing he did is anywhere near as bad as either of Hill's alleged offenses. I think Hunt has a drinking/temper problem, and needs to get help. But after lying to the team about the incident(s) and getting caught on film, yeah, the team did the right thing. It's the only thing you CAN do, and have any authority as an organization over everyone that works at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Clark's offenses in college, when you look into them, are not nearly the same as either although it would be closer in scope to Hunt's transgressions. Some girl said he hit her, then said he didn't, and maybe he probably did, but at any rate it obviously wasn't a BEATING or it would've obvious. AND the felony home invasion thing was that he apparently stole another kid's laptop out of his dorm room. So, yeah, not good, but not punching your pregnant girlfriend and then perhaps breaking that child's arm at three years old bad. And for his NFL career, he's stayed out of trouble.

I can't root for a guy who is a serial abuser of women and children. It ruins everything. IF The Chiefs think he did this, you have to cut him.

So where's YOUR line?
[Reply]
Redbled 08:45 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Also, what if it was a matter of a passionate mistake?

Like, maybe you aren't abusive, but maybe your kid is acting up and misbehaving and you grab his arm to reprimand him and he pulls and twists while you pull.... and snap.

You and your spouse know in your heart of hearts that it was truly not intended to be malicious and that you love your child more than anything. Even though you both know you ****ed up in college and have worked through your issues, publicly and privately. You've rebuilt your life from ashes.

And then, the in-laws, who you have a terrible relationship with, catch wind and call the cops.

How do you handle this?
I was spanked in this fashion. Arm never broke. I don't believe I was abused. No one knows what happened outside the family so no one should judge. Enjoy the season I say.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 08:46 AM 04-25-2019
I think the biggest reason Hill is here still, is because the Chiefs simply don’t want him playing for another team. There is no reason to cut him now, so he can go play for the Browns next year. He will probably not be serving any suspension until 2020.
They still need to draft a wr and sign one of the available veterans like Crabtree to a 1yr deal. Be prepared to not have him Veach
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 04-25-2019

Statement from Tyreek Hill through his attorneys regarding the investigation:

“I love and support my family above anything. My son’s health and happiness is my number one priority.” pic.twitter.com/jDcAVG6Wy7

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
philfree 08:49 AM 04-25-2019
If Hill and his attorney can't come out with a statement saying that Hill is not guilty of any wrong doing pretty quick then then this just needs to be over. I hate it but as far as the Chiefs go they shouldn't be held hostage by the situation. Trade him to Cleveland and move on. As far as Hill goes if he's guilty he needs to be held accountable. If's!
[Reply]
Redbled 08:49 AM 04-25-2019
Yep, the league will suspend him. Probably for failure to cooperate with the investigation of child abuse. Our players are held to a higher standard or some other NFL cover our ass and pretend we really care BS.

The Chiefs will keep him. But, his $100 million contract aint coming anytime soon.
Huge mistake if they do unless they know something we don't.
[Reply]
In58men 08:50 AM 04-25-2019
I agree. If all of a sudden was told by my son that abuse was occurring, I'd probably just leave and not call the cops.
Exactly, I would get a divorce and hold her history of abuse against her. She wouldn’t be able to file child support because I would have that little secret.

When shit hits the fan you come together to try to figure it out, that’s what happened here. They’re both covering for each other, I must be a piece of shit too because I couldn’t flat out call the cops on her over a broken arm.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 163
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
Up