ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 136
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:23 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hit it in the water eh?
No, I usually wind up in the rough shy of the fairway at the base of the hill or lose my fucking ball in the sliver of woods to the left.

Seriously. Architect who came up with #18 is a fuckman. The typical blue tee location pretty much forces you to attempt carrying the trees or laying up as best you can at the bottom of the hill which still leaves a lot of real estate to work with, topped off with that wonderfully protected peninsula green.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 09:28 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Can't afford Wynn or Shadow Creek. Bears Best is one we are considering. Wolf Creek is closed for maintenance when we are out there. I doubt we would make that drive anyway. This is a very large group.
There is that course on the south end of the strip called Bali Hai. I'm not sure how good it is but location is close especially if you have a large group after a night of heavy partying. There is also night golf by there with a par 3 course.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 09:29 AM 08-12-2016
I am so tired of watching Rickie Fowler and people claiming what a great player he is. Overrated severlyou. Look at that terrible round he shot yesterday.
[Reply]
scho63 09:45 AM 08-12-2016
Anyone golfed in Las Vegas? I'm heading there in just over a month to play a couple of rounds at TPC Las Vegas. Probably will add in one more round somewhere else.

I've been to Vegas numerous times but never golfed there. I'm really looking forward to it.
TPC Summerlin? :-)

I've played that once and really liked it. There was a crazy few holes where there was this large drop off the side of the fairway like 50 foot drop and a wall of hard stone imbedded with golf balls.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:56 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
TPC Summerlin? :-)

I've played that once and really liked it. There was a crazy few holes where there was this large drop off the side of the fairway like 50 foot drop and a wall of hard stone imbedded with golf balls.
It's in Summerlin, but just called TPC Las Vegas now.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:03 AM 08-12-2016
BTW, the group I am going with is from this site called The Hacker's Paradise. It's got an insanely active message board, where everything under the sun is discussed besides golf. We are playing a two day tournament (2 players/team) and the winners get a new fitted set of Bridgestone clubs.

They have all kinds of events throughout the year and are always running contests to give away gear, including clubs, balls, etc.

They have one event each year called The Grandaddy, where if you are lucky enough to get selected through various contests, you will receive an all expenses paid trip to Carlsbad, CA. It's sponsored by Callaway Golf and they custom fit all the participants with a full set of clubs. Then they play a two day tournament against the Callaway marketing team at The Hideaway, which is two incredible courses near Palm Springs.

I've been a member there for a couple of years. You should really check it out.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/
[Reply]
scho63 07:54 AM 08-13-2016
It's in Summerlin, but just called TPC Las Vegas now.
That looks like the one I played when I'm pretty sure it was called TPC at Summerlin. I played there around 1999

Ironically they now have a TPC Summerlin but this doesn't look like the course I played.

https://www.tpc.com/tpc-summerlin

UPDATE: Just saw that it was called TPC at the Canyons. That is now bringing back some memories.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:24 AM 08-17-2016
Shit, I didn't realize O-city was a HS member. He probably saw me during the Highlander a few years back...
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Shit, I didn't realize O-city was a HS member. He probably saw me during the Highlander a few years back...
I actually haven't played in the highlander yet. I hate that they use handicaps. It's bullshit.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:10 AM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
I actually haven't played in the highlander yet. I hate that they use handicaps. It's bullshit.
Then you might know the guy who I played in the Highlander with... pretty sure he got asked not to renew his membership a year or two ago.
[Reply]
philfree 07:51 PM 08-18-2016
Stacy Lewis shots 63 in Olympics today. With a double bogey on her card! Fantastic!

I played 9 and shot -3 33. Not bad for and old man.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 07:52 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by philfree:
Stacy Lewis shots 63 in Olympics today. With a double bogey on her card! Fantastic!

I played 9 and shot -3 33. Not bad for and old man.
good work there. I remember Sutherland on the champ tour shot a 59 by bogeying 18.
[Reply]
In58men 08:35 PM 08-22-2016
Well I purchased my first set of clubs today. Looking forward to learning more about the game. I enjoy the driving range, just never pulled the trigger on purchasing a set. I never played, but I heard scrambles are a good time.

[Reply]
philfree 09:28 PM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Well I purchased my first set of clubs today. Looking forward to learning more about the game. I enjoy the driving range, just never pulled the trigger on purchasing a set. I never played, but I heard scrambles are a good time.

Cool. Here's a good place to learn some golf stuff. http://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game
[Reply]
philfree 06:42 AM 09-09-2016
Off to play Highland Springs today. Of course it's raining.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 136
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Up