ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 195
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Iconic 05:18 PM 03-23-2022
we live in a world where baalke is still a gm and riddick isn't
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:19 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)
What part are you rolling your eyes at?
[Reply]
tredadda 05:20 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You haven't been right about a single fucking thing yet.
Just like his mentor Athan.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:20 PM 03-23-2022
Btw can we get all pics of Tyreek the fuck out of the header? I've seen at least two different pictures of him up there in the last 5 minutes.

He's no longer a Chief. Time for some changes to be made. Thanks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:23 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
we live in a world where baalke is still a gm and riddick isn't
:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:24 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We got 8 picks in the top 135 chill
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
In a very talent rich draft class. I’m excited to see what Varch does with all that ammo
As much as I liked Tyreek - and realizing full well what a unique talent he is - the more I think about this deal the more I absolutely freaking love it. You do this deal 100 out of 100 times if you're a good GM interested in keeping your team on top for the long haul. Fantasizing about what a GM like Veach is going to do with all these picks and a lot more cap flexibility is giving me a boner. How much of our roster will be on rookie deals or very team-friendly contracts - over a third of the team? Sign me up.

Before this morning if you'd have asked me honestly, I'd have said that - while we'll still be more than competitive and getting to the Super Bowl was definitely within reason - we were beginning the back side of our current run. I feel the exact opposite right now.

Congrats to Cheetah on getting paid, thanks for being a major cog in our championship run, and I hope he never has to buy a drink again within 100 miles of Kansas City. I'll never forget what he did, and he'll always be a Chief to me.

Going on record saying this was a great move for the Kansas City Chiefs franchise, and that people doubting this move are going to look foolish in a couple years. Veach is going to nail this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Clarks got cheap. 22.5 average over the first four years. That fifth year is a lie.

So it looks like about 3 years and 70 million in ‘new’ money when accounting for his $20 million in salary this year. And punting the bullshit 4th year.

That’s stout.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:27 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Clark didn't want to give Tyreek Hill $50m today. That is what this boils down to.
Oh for fucks sake.

Dude - just go away. Not forever but right now you are just completely fucked in the head.

See you when camp starts or something. You’ve just gone full fucking retard.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:31 PM 03-23-2022
Why didn’t this trade happen next year? Davante Adams was in a contract year. Hill had one more year left on his deal.
[Reply]
irafreak 05:32 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I also don't understand pushing part of Frank Clark's dead money into next year if your whole goal is to save money for the future. All these moves make no sense in combination with each other.
Yep. This is my concern. I don't know what's going on but looking from the outside, Veatch looks like he's improvising on the fly.

We went from getting the missing piece to make the offense dangerous again and needing to fill in the defense to tossing away our second biggest playmaker for chances to fill out future teams.

And comparing the Seymore to hill trade...the rams trading Aaron Donald would not hurt them as bad as losing the most dangerous receiver in the game now hurts us.

I'm still trying to process this.

Edit: and tyreek takes the payday because it's about prestige. He's got the ring, and cash...he just wants to show he's thought of as the best. Alpha males competing...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:33 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Why didn’t this trade happen next year? Davante Adams was in a contract year. Hill had one more year left on his deal.
Because we have like 28 guys on the roster and no cap space. Something had to give. If he wasn’t going to extend to reduce that hit we were running out of alternatives. Moreover, picks that can be used to get players now that can develop for a year will be more ready to contribute in a meaningful way next season. It cuts both ways.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:34 PM 03-23-2022
Good luck with refs looking the other way in celebrations now Tyreek. Fins bwaaa
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:34 PM 03-23-2022
Oh, and COVID created an unusually deep 2022 NFL draft.

Those picks just have more value this year.

This wasn’t done without a great deal of though, guys.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:35 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and COVID created an unusually deep 2022 NFL draft.

Those picks just have more value this year.

This wasn’t done without a great deal of though, guys.
It’ll hurt this season but if Veach hits on those picks…we’re set up for long term success.
[Reply]
irafreak 05:36 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If someone offered you twice what you do now, you'd change jobs. This argument always amuses me, people change jobs over money all the time.

Also at 28 this is likely Tyreek only shot at a big deal.
Honestly I wouldn't. Different situations and reasons. Can't lump everyone into the same box.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 195
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up