ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 270
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
New World Order 12:31 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:31 PM 07-30-2019

After three days of watching camp, two in pads....I'm telling Juan Thornhill and Darwin Thompson are going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. I think this draft class will be a more accurate view of this current scouting department.

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) July 30, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Safety was the teams biggest problem last year (hand-wringing over the CBs be damned).

Those 2 being a complementary, dynamic pairing would have a huge impact on this defense. Especially if Breeland provides average CB play (about what we got from Nelson on balance) and Ward can even continue to play at the level he was at last season, let alone take a step forward in his development.

I still say that we'd have won that NE game with as much as Trey Boston in that secondary instead of the husk of Berry. Berry was the worst player on the field most of the day and Belichick seized on that in a big way.

The talent on this defense is firmly average. It isn't elite but it isn't god-awful. The LBs look bad in a vacuum but their usage will be so heavily matchup/situationally based that I think even that can be papered over.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:34 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Would they cut Pat’s BFF?
Thompson is already likely a better special teams guy than Dieter. Not sure about Custis, but he might be a candidate for fake IR.

I think Dieter is kinda screwed. Sorry, bro... maybe Andy will carve out some kind of coaching intern role for you.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:36 PM 07-30-2019
Sounds like Frank Clark made Fisher his bitch today. Fisher worries me.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:36 PM 07-30-2019
If Dieter is on the team they are literally letting Mahomes friend have a spot because of that.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:36 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Clark is going to make most everyone his bitch, what you hope for is this matchup on a daily basis makes Fisher a better player.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:38 PM 07-30-2019
Fisher picking up where he left off in the Seattle game last year. Frank Clark stole his lunch money in the Seahawks game.
[Reply]
Stinger 07-30-2019, 12:40 PM
This message has been deleted by Stinger. Reason: Already posted
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:41 PM 07-30-2019
If you put 20 dollars down you could win 200 dollars if Thornhill is DROY
[Reply]
O.city 12:41 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They think they are a bowl team so why would they trade guys?
They can't pay everyone and why let someone walk for a comp pick when you could get a 1st or 2nd?
[Reply]
O.city 12:43 PM 07-30-2019
Fisher is a good solid LT. No worries.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 07-30-2019
Why?

Fisher, if he's anything, is a known quantity. He's gonna be what he's gonna be. He's just entering his prime for an OL, he has no lingering injury history and there are no additional red flags around him to suggest that he's going to fall off.

I don't see any cause to believe he'll be appreciably better than he was last year or the year prior, but I certainly can't see any reason to assume he'll be worse.

And last year he was fine. He was a solid LT who was probably not quite Pro Bowl caliber but if he wasn't, he wasn't far removed either.

Being concerned over Fisher is a textbook example of borrowing worry; looking for ghosts. You can concern yourself with the fact that he isn't going to be Willie Roaf if you'd like, but that's not terribly realistic. He's gonna be the same guy he's been the last 2 seasons and if he plays all 16 games, he'll be nowhere near a top 10 list of things that are problematic for this club.

And if he is, then this team is going 16-0. If your solid, fringe pro-bowl caliber LT is one of the biggest problems you have on your team, then you're fucking aces.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:45 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They can't pay everyone and why let someone walk for a comp pick when you could get a 1st or 2nd?
That would be like making the argument that we should trade Jones today because what if we can't pay him?

If they think they are a bowl team why would they move anyone? Wouldn't they hold on to them to try to win?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:46 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If Dieter is on the team they are literally letting Mahomes friend have a spot because of that.
I'm good with it.
[Reply]
Stryker 12:46 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
HELL YES!
[Reply]
Page 88 of 270
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up