Page 88 of 298
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:52 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
And how do you know it won't change anything?
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:55 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I get that. I'm just not going to kid myself and think that it's anything more than scapegoating.

Does he deserve to get fired? Absolutely. Will it actually fix anything? No, I really don't think it will.

That's what is really depressing about it. The guy that's REALLY responsible for this is Veach and he's not going anywhere.
Yeah, because it won't send a message or anything! :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 06:01 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Reid is one of the best play designers in football. On some days he is also one of the best at calling plays. Other days are playoff games where he forgets to run the ball with an 18 point second half lead.

But you would think that when he calls a specific play, he understands why the play will work against a specific defense. So, if he knows when a play will work, he should know what defense would be able to stop the play.

To me, Reid should be a great asset when it comes to defending an offense. I wonder if Sutton even has any discussions with Reid about defense. I get the feeling when listening to Reid that he lets Sutton do whatever he wants, and has little input into defensive game plans.

Does anyone else think that Reid should take more of an interest in the defense?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Your point makes sense yet Vermeil was the same way, all these guys know how to attack defenses so you think they'd build a defense they'd hate to face yet they can't do it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:01 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You'd think at this point that if Sutton had any self-respect left at all he'd just hang himself.
Do you really want to watch Andy go all DICK V. and cry if he has to do the presser about Bobby S. being let go? :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:05 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There are defenses out there that are WAY more talented than the Chiefs, with top notch defensive coordinators, that are giving up 25+ points per game.

With this team's personnel and the league's emphasis on scoring, there isn't a defensive coordinator alive that could make this unit "good".
With the way you've spoken, Bon is top notch, I'm confused. Remember, it Veach, right? Oh, and if we give up 30 we win, Sutton's kids gave up 43.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:06 AM 10-15-2018
Reality is we should be more pissed at Veach than Sutton cause this fool though the talent level was alright. Oh and he supposedly fixed that run D too right?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:11 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Ya the Chiefs have horrible personnel on defense but I'm fucking tired of seeing 3 man rushes on 3rd and long only to give up the first down because guess what our secondary still sucks.
When you get gashed for 7, 8, or 9 yards those 3rd and longs are rare, but "indeed" too. How smart does one have to be to know that you can't give Brady, or any NFL QB, 5-7 seconds? Especially when you know they play as much for a DPI and/or DH calls as they do actually completing the pass! And with this secondary if they don't complete the pass, a DH or DPI is a super-high probability in a flag-happy league. It's the game within the game that we don't really play.

Again, Sutton seems to be the only one who can't grasp these basic concepts.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:13 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Reality is we should be more pissed at Veach than Sutton cause this fool though the talent level was alright. Oh and he supposedly fixed that run D too right?
Fuller. Watkins. Hitchens. Speaks. All players that we invested significant capital into.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:14 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Time to start throwing wrenches at these pussies. Worked in Dodgeball.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
bevischief 06:18 AM 10-15-2018
And he agreed with one eyed Sutton.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:18 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So apparently it doesn't matter who our defensive coordinator is. I guess coaches are like baseball managers and have very little effect on the performance of the players.
That's what I'm understanding. That's why you never hear BB getting any credit for the Pat's success in the last many year... Wait!

Well, let's just say, "Unless the guys do well", then the coach gets mega-credit for having them ready.
[Reply]
bevischief 06:25 AM 10-15-2018
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B4BHMWB..._car_prmt_hcfa
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:27 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
And all will be fixed in 2 moves, even at mid season!

Face the fact folks, no move or 2 moves is going to fix this, with one being FIRE BOB SUTTON! Fire Bob, Who is the new DC, NOW, with a game in 7 days. Even with the lack of talent we desperately need on defense?

Who?
I seem to recall many on CP thinking him making it to this season, not being fired after last year's showing, was terribad, so telling those CP members that it's too late now for this season means nothing because those members remember that "this season" should never have happened for Bob. Those people were right, yes? The Chiefs were overcome, again, by loyalty.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:29 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I seem to recall many on CP thinking him making it to this season, not being fired after last year's showing, was terribad, so telling those CP members that it's too late now for this season means nothing because those members remember that "this season" should never have happened for Bob. Those people were right, yes? The Chiefs were overcome, again, by loyalty.
If this was the talent another coordinator was given I'm not sure they'd be any better.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:32 AM 10-15-2018
If this was the talent another coordinator was given I'm not sure they'd be any better.
Would it have hurt to try? Did anybody think Bob was the answer?
[Reply]
Page 88 of 298
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up