ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 383
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Phobia 01:02 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It's pretty tough to pin that one on Boulevard as some form of shrewd guerrilla marketing tactic. They sell Chocolate Ale to distributors for a set price. The publically-created demand does no good for Boulevard from a monetary perspective. If anything, the buzz created just inflated the secondary market.

I also know someone that does marketing for Boulevard and she has told me several times that the MO for the Chocolate Ale was no different than any of the other limiteds they sell, eg. Imperial Stout, BBQ, or Rye on Rye.
The release date is keen and it definitely creates a bigger market from year to year. Even if it's 100% accidental, it's still a version of marketing by my estimation. Everyone should be so lucky.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:03 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Just be glad you didn't go to Westside which is right down the street from West.
Towards LS? I haven't heard of it. Why should I be glad?
[Reply]
Phobia 01:08 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Towards LS? I haven't heard of it. Why should I be glad?
You would have passed it coming from West to Bleachers. They can't even pull off a burger. I'd rather go to McDonalds.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:21 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Phobia:
You would have passed it coming from West to Bleachers. They can't even pull off a burger. I'd rather go to McDonalds.
Gotcha. Mental note made.
[Reply]
Phobia 01:25 PM 02-27-2012
Gotcha. Mental note made.
Don't take my word for it necessarily. They're apparently doing well enough that they opened a second location in Lee's Summit. I've been half a dozen times and never been impressed. It's the same ownership group that used to run Tanners which is why I'm so disappointed.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:37 PM 02-27-2012
Bleachers at 150 & 291, near Rain Tree Lake.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/34/15684...ll-Lees-Summit

BTW, their food sucks. My wife and I split a Sante Fe Chicken Wrap that was just plain nasty. Actually, it didn't taste nasty. It just had no flavor at all.
that is my go to bar. I usually have the wings. they are good. two owners ago the Sante Fe Chicken Wrap was awesome. think it was Paddy O's then. had a wrap Friday and it was so bad it pissed me off! gotta stick with the wings.
mug club there is worth it if you go much at all. every once in a while I talk them into a mug club Tank 7. that's a lotta Tank 7!
[Reply]
Phobia 03:26 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by frankotank:
that is my go to bar. I usually have the wings. they are good. two owners ago the Sante Fe Chicken Wrap was awesome. think it was Paddy O's then. had a wrap Friday and it was so bad it pissed me off! gotta stick with the wings.
mug club there is worth it if you go much at all. every once in a while I talk them into a mug club Tank 7. that's a lotta Tank 7!
I'm sure I've seen you in there then. I'm not there all the time but usually 2 or 3x a month.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:02 PM 02-29-2012
I tried a NB Cocoa Mole tonight. Really not my cup of tea. Couldn't finish it, which is a first for me.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:29 PM 03-06-2012
I've been Beerimenting for the last several months now, trying everything that I didn't consider generic.

Recently I got my hands on the Sam Adam's Imperial series of beers.

Wow.

The Imperial White and Imperial Double bock are fucking fantastic.

Especially the Double Bock.

Excellent beers from Sam Adams.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:02 PM 03-06-2012
I had a SA Imperial Stout that had been sitting in the fridge for a few months, and it was excellent.

Tried a couple of Bell's over the weekend... the Cherry Stout was really good, but really strong on the cherry. Mixed it with some Young's, which turned out to be a good idea. Their double cream stout is good, but nothing special... kind of reminded me of SA's cream stout. Also tried Schlafly's coffee stout... the smell was like sticking your nose into a used coffee filter. So, Young's went well with that, too. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:08 PM 03-06-2012
If you live in Texas, you must try Jester King Brewing. Their Black Metal imperial Stout is a wonder to behold, and their farmhouse ales are fantastic!
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 09:35 PM 03-06-2012
Had Left Hand Brewing Companys Milk Stout over the weekend and it was quite good. I'm not a big fan of stouts but it was smooth and not too hoppy. I recommend it.
[Reply]
kstater 08:07 PM 03-10-2012
Just cracked open a Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, I'm fairly certain I had an orgasm on the first sip.
[Reply]
Fish 12:02 PM 03-26-2012
LOL..... haven't had this yet. From Tallgrass in Manhattan, KS.

Just like those classic video games we all grew up with, 8-Bit Pale Ale is spectacularly simple at first glance yet remarkably fun and complex when you get into it. Our Hop Rocket infuses the character of Austrailian grown Galaxy Hops into an American Pale Ale, giving a unique tropical, almost melon aroma in a classic American style.

ABV: 5.2%
IBU: 40
Malts: 2 Row, Victory, Vienna & Munich
Hops: Magnum, Centennial, Cascade & Galaxy

http://tallgrassbeer.com/8bit.html
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:03 PM 03-26-2012
Not a very good beer IMO.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 383
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up