ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 220
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:49 PM 10-07-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Brian Kelly probably just saved his job. Er, Mizzou's center may have just saved Kelly's job.
Our HC and OC were sure instrumental too. Went into a shell until LSU caught back up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 10-07-2023
Well if Mizzou didn't recognize the importance of doing the little things right, they should now.

I don't believe LSU is definitively better but Mizzou just made too many mistakes.

And took their foot off the gas WAY too soon.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:49 PM 10-07-2023
Wasn’t the spread 6? The pick six did the Mizzou to cover tickets in :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:50 PM 10-07-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Honestly incredible you’re even showing up in this thread after your embarrassing story
:-) There isn’t another poster on this board that this would have been funnier reading this from.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:55 PM 10-07-2023
This one falls mostly on the inability of the defense to contain Jayden Daniels.....or to cover Nabers.

But you can't throw all the fault on the Defense...some of that falls in the lap of the offensive side of the ball too...

Cook played a good game but both his picks hurt badly. And I still don't get the 4th and 32 call...he seemed to be locked in to Burden at times which bit him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:56 PM 10-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Well that's not gonna happen. Stupid.
He let you all down today
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:57 PM 10-07-2023
Both Peat and Stephens should warm the bench for a few games. Both were horrible....especially Stephens
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:00 PM 10-07-2023
Drink’s decision making at the ends of halves and games is absolutely atrocious. I don’t understand how you become a D1 coach with that little of football IQ in some of these situations. At this point he has to just be fucking with us right?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:00 PM 10-07-2023
Hard to win in conference play with all the mistakes.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:06 PM 10-07-2023
Tollison and Johnson finally fucked the offense well and good when it mattered most.

Daniels was as unstoppable as anyone since Vince Young, and Baker had no answers.

Mevis is still unreliable, and the difference in punts may have been worth two scores on its own.

Drink turtle up after Cook's pick and they didn't attack the middle of the field for most of the second half.

Lots of talent, but too mistake prone. It was obvious through the first five games, and the chickens finally came home to roost.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:06 PM 10-07-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Drink’s decision making at the ends of halves and games is absolutely atrocious. I don’t understand how you become a D1 coach with that little of football IQ in some of these situations. At this point he has to just be fucking with us right?
Not to mention how they ALWAYS turtle when they get a healthy lead or are really taking it to a team…it’s a mindset I’ll just never understand.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:07 PM 10-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Our HC and OC were sure instrumental too. Went into a shell until LSU caught back up.
Honestly, it's no guarantee that Mevis would have made it anyway.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:10 PM 10-07-2023
Daniel’s was absolutely incredible for them and we definitely have to tip our hats. Hell of a performance to get them the comeback win. I understand why we would think we couldn’t get a stop with how they were running in the 2nd half, but when it’s the last drive and they’re trying to milk the clock you HAVE to punt the ball on 4th and a mile and stack the box and dare them to beat you with a pass for the first down. We were able to do the defensive part of it, but unfortunately the field position game was already lost by our own fucking stupidity.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:10 PM 10-07-2023
Tough to win when the opposing team has more than a 90% chance of picking up a 1st down on anything less than 3rd & 15.

That call on 2nd & 1 didn’t do Mizzou any favors either, should’ve just run it up the gut.

Terrible performance by the defense sealed their fate though.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:12 PM 10-07-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Tollison and Johnson finally fucked the offense well and good when it mattered most.

Daniels was as unstoppable as anyone since Vince Young, and Baker had no answers.

Mevis is still unreliable, and the difference in punts may have been worth two scores on its own.

Drink turtle up after Cook's pick and they didn't attack the middle of the field for most of the second half.

Lots of talent, but too mistake prone. It was obvious through the first five games, and the chickens finally came home to roost.
Daniels reminded me of Vince Young too. I remember the year Texas won the National title it was 3rd and 40 and Young picked up the first with his legs.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 220
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up