ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 136
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
O.city 11:18 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Damn, I should have gone to dental school.
Well, to be fair, I havne't discussed it with the wife, so it may have to be a "practice asset" for a while.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:50 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by kootrntrudr:
I work right up the road from Robin Nigro and use their range occasionally. Which instructor are you using? I know they run ~$95 per hour session which is pretty pricey. They have a launch monitor inside and have a trackman for outdoor also. Surprised they didn't utilize them with your lesson.
Chris Cone is the instructor. My wife purchased a package for me for Christmas. Five 1/2 hour lessons and I do not believe it included the launch monitor, just video swing analysis. I have 2 lessons left so I will ask him about that.

One thing I need to work on now is with the grip and swing change he implemented, I'm suddenly slicing my drives a considerable amount. Yesterday I did not mishit a single drive, but I was consistently slicing them. It was manageable for the most part, but I generally drove the ball pretty straight before the changes.

I really need to get that fixed. I'm going to be playing two, maybe three rounds at TPC Las Vegas next month and I'm pretty sure it will be much easier if I'm in or near the fairway.
[Reply]
kootrntrudr 12:30 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Chris Cone is the instructor. My wife purchased a package for me for Christmas. Five 1/2 hour lessons and I do not believe it included the launch monitor, just video swing analysis. I have 2 lessons left so I will ask him about that.

One thing I need to work on now is with the grip and swing change he implemented, I'm suddenly slicing my drives a considerable amount. Yesterday I did not mishit a single drive, but I was consistently slicing them. It was manageable for the most part, but I generally drove the ball pretty straight before the changes.

I really need to get that fixed. I'm going to be playing two, maybe three rounds at TPC Las Vegas next month and I'm pretty sure it will be much easier if I'm in or near the fairway.

A nasty slice is my problem, which I know is from leaving face wide open but can't get a feel of closing the face correctly. I've been watching too many youtube videos and books, trying to change too many things at once and would rather go to an instructor to have them straighten me out a bit so I'm on the right path. That's where I'd like to have a launch monitor there for the lesson so I can see what I'm actually doing with my club path and face direction vs. what I feel.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:58 PM 08-09-2016
A nasty slice is my problem, which I know is from leaving face wide open but can't get a feel of closing the face correctly. I've been watching too many youtube videos and books, trying to change too many things at once and would rather go to an instructor to have them straighten me out a bit so I'm on the right path. That's where I'd like to have a launch monitor there for the lesson so I can see what I'm actually doing with my club path and face direction vs. what I feel.
Are you hitting a traditional slice (starts left, veers hard right) or are you hitting a push slide.

A traditional slice, which 90% of all golfers have, comes from a swing path that is out to in (in baseball parlance for a righty, swinging to left field) with an open clubface.

A push-slice comes from an inside-to-out path.

Both are compensations due to errors earlier in the swing, but a push slice can be fixed with a better release. Most golfers are terrified of actually releasing the clubhead, IMO due to the nature of short game instruction, which too often promotes a block release.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:00 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Incorrect.
You need to up your sense of humor. It's actually NO (nitric), but it *is* needed for the signaling pathway to generate an erection.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:02 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You need to up your sense of humor. It's actually NO (nitric), but it *is* needed for the signaling pathway to generate an erection.

[Reply]
kootrntrudr 01:09 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Are you hitting a traditional slice (starts left, veers hard right) or are you hitting a push slide.

A traditional slice, which 90% of all golfers have, comes from a swing path that is out to in (in baseball parlance for a righty, swinging to left field) with an open clubface.

A push-slice comes from an inside-to-out path.

Both are compensations due to errors earlier in the swing, but a push slice can be fixed with a better release. Most golfers are terrified of actually releasing the clubhead, IMO due to the nature of short game instruction, which too often promotes a block release.
Push-slice. I've worked on my club path as I did have what you'd call a traditional slice ( years of playing baseball and softball will do that :-) ). My ball flight usually starts straight or to the right and way high.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:15 PM 08-09-2016
Push-slice. I've worked on my club path as I did have what you'd call a traditional slice ( years of playing baseball and softball will do that :-) ). My ball flight usually starts straight or to the right and way high.
That's going to be caused (usually) by getting stuck and having to come out of the shot to not hit the shot 10 inches fat, or hanging back, trying to save it with your hands.

It's certainly something any instructor worth their salt can fix. This is just a band-aid, but if you are out on the course and need to fix it right away (OB right), the easiest thought is to feel like you are reaching out and shaking hands with your target with your dominant (your right) hand while stepping forward. It gets you on your front foot and lets you turn the clubhead over.

It's also called the Gary Player drill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60aG-QgAKKA
[Reply]
philfree 10:17 PM 08-11-2016
The Price Cutter Charity Classic started today here in Springfield. I'm going tomorrow to take it in. I'm a VIP:-) I'm taking an old friend who's being treated for cancer. We met playing HS golf back in the 70s so old friend it is. His son died and then his wife died. Then when he moved away for a new job his whole team was fired. After that one of his dogs died and then he was diagnosed with cancer. :-) True story:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:19 PM 08-11-2016
Highland Springs is a respectable track. The front nine is rough for high handicappers.

Fuck #18.
[Reply]
O.city 06:09 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Highland Springs is a respectable track. The front nine is rough for high handicappers.

**** #18.
Hit it in the water eh?
[Reply]
philfree 07:51 AM 08-12-2016
18 is a great finishing hole.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:41 AM 08-12-2016
Anyone golfed in Las Vegas? I'm heading there in just over a month to play a couple of rounds at TPC Las Vegas. Probably will add in one more round somewhere else.

I've been to Vegas numerous times but never golfed there. I'm really looking forward to it.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 09:10 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Anyone golfed in Las Vegas? I'm heading there in just over a month to play a couple of rounds at TPC Las Vegas. Probably will add in one more round somewhere else.

I've been to Vegas numerous times but never golfed there. I'm really looking forward to it.
Wynn CC, Shadow Creek, Bears best or if you are willing to drive 70 miles Wolf Creek, Falcon Ridge or Conestoga in Mesquite.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:16 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
Wynn CC, Shadow Creek, Bears best or if you are willing to drive 70 miles Wolf Creek, Falcon Ridge or Conestoga in Mesquite.
Can't afford Wynn or Shadow Creek. Bears Best is one we are considering. Wolf Creek is closed for maintenance when we are out there. I doubt we would make that drive anyway. This is a very large group.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 136
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298 > Last »
Up