— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:16 AM 04-06-2024
This is a penalty in hockey... :-)

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:19 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The mistake Dawn Staley made last year was she didn't care about Clark because her team was just outscoring everyone. So they didn't pay any extra attention to Clark, she went off and her team missed wide open looks all night. An issue they had all year (three point shooting) caught up with them. But this year they are one of the best three point shooting teams in the country.

They'll have a huge advantage on the boards, they have a much better bench, they have four elite guards who can all take turns attacking Clark and potentially get her into foul trouble like LSU did in the last final.

The only thing I don't like about SC is they can get bored and sloppy which leads to them playing down to their opponents level. But when they start rolling they can end the game in ten minutes which they did to NC State tonight.

The key to SC winning is clear. Blitz Clark all night and attack her on defense. And punish them on the boards like LSU did with your height advantages. It's that simple to me.
Iowa's not deep inside as well, and if Stuelke gets in foul trouble they will have no chance. I give Iowa about a 15% chance to win. Clark can only do so much, but that's why they play the games.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:29 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Yep obvious as it gets.

@brooks451_nc Replying to @user6052355619610 ♬ original sound - Brooks451

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:39 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yep obvious as it gets.
I saw a comment on reddit that mentioned the replays that ESPN showed actually made it look more controversial than it was because you don't see her stepping out like you do on that angle... and one angle is zoomed in almost waist-up.

If anything, blame the replay angles (of course, the tinfoil caps will say that was intentional and within a matter of seconds ESPN chose those angles to make it more controversial than it was).

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...alled_for_the/
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:40 AM 04-06-2024
I saw a comment on reddit that mentioned the replays that ESPN showed actually made it look more controversial than it was because you don't see her stepping out like you do on that angle... and one angle is zoomed in almost waist-up.

If anything, blame the replay angles (of course, the tinfoil caps will say that was intentional and within a matter of seconds ESPN chose those angles to make it more controversial than it was).

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...alled_for_the/
My post on here from last night said the same thing. The wide angle showed the moving pick was obvious but people were robbed of an ending... Please.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:47 AM 04-06-2024
Its in ESPNs financial interest for it to be a controversial call
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:55 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

You can’t end a game like that. Never seen anything like it.
From that angle the foul looks even worse than what I saw last night. She obviously was still sliding up the court to set the pick when the contact occurred.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:59 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Its in ESPNs financial interest for it to be a controversial call
Yep.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:06 AM 04-06-2024

Yeah, she got clocked in the fucking throat.

It's a foul. And people are shocked that the TMZ of sports media is making a big deal about it. Nevermind all the fuckhole calls (Bills Offensive offsides comes to mind) that they sit quiet about.

TMZ-SPN crafting a narrative? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Taco John:
I didn't like that call in the heat of the moment. But watching it after the fact, if you're not going to call that moving screen, then why call any of them. That was definitely a foul.
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Reminds me of the defensive holding call against the eagles in the Super Bowl that everyone complained about- “yeah it was technically a hold but you can’t make the call in that situation”

If it’s the right call, it shouldn’t matter when it’s called. A foul is a foul.
agreed. It was obvious. If you don't call that foul and they make the shot, people would be up in arms the no-call decided the game.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:15 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by threebag:
Gabbie Marshall is a pretty decent looking teammate

Give me Stulke. I think she looks great.

Hannah Stuelke
byu/Extension_Weight_260 inWNBA_Thots

[Reply]
ChiTown 09:17 AM 04-06-2024
It sucks that it happened when it did, but that’s a moving screen, and a blatantly obvious one at that. If the Ref swallows his whistle and allows Bueckers to shoot and make a clean shot due to the screen, then people would have a legit gripe. This? Meh.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:21 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
One of the most vocal gayhawk fans on CP bitching about officiating, and not even when it's not about the gayhawks. Color me shocked I tell ya.
Getting bent out of shape over a woman’s b-ball game. :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:25 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The GOAT of reading book jacket covers.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:38 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, she got clocked in the fucking throat.

It's a foul. And people are shocked that the TMZ of sports media is making a big deal about it. Nevermind all the fuckhole calls (Bills Offensive offsides comes to mind) that they sit quiet about.

TMZ-SPN crafting a narrative? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
Yeah, and it seems crazy shortsighted to bask in the fake outrage as opposed to talking about the quality of basketball (even if it wasn't actually amazing)... if it was actually a terrible call that decided it, I'd be less likely to watch tomorrow, but who cares because we can run 12 hours of rage bait today! :-)
[Reply]
Page 88 of 192
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up