ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 120
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:50 PM 08-21-2023
Rom sucks hard.

The box score doesn't actually do justice to how bad he was. I didn't see him make a single big league caliber pitch in the 2 innings I watched. And I didn't even see the 4th when he really got bombed.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:04 PM 08-21-2023
For what it's worth, Rob Friedman, aka Pitching Ninja, didn't profile Rom and he typically will showcase a debut if they display a pitch he likes.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:11 PM 08-21-2023
Today's Immaculate Grid could feature a number of shitbirds from the last truly terrible Cardinals rotation (2007). Definitely getting an '07 vibe from this collection of starters.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:28 PM 08-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Rom sucks hard.

The box score doesn't actually do justice to how bad he was. I didn't see him make a single big league caliber pitch in the 2 innings I watched. And I didn't even see the 4th when he really got bombed.
I saw no hint of a deceptive delivery. His fastball control was okay, except they were basically sitting on a tee at 91.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:09 PM 08-25-2023

Here’s what makes you nervous if you’re Mo & Bill DeWitt.

Stephen Strasburg, under his big Nationals deal, will have been paid $464,895…per pitch. $2.25M per out recorded. Or, for those who like old school stats…$245M per win. It’s grim. But tough. That’s the game. #STLCards

— Just Blew In From Stupid Town (@johnrabe) August 25, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 03:25 PM 08-25-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why would that possibly make Mo nervous? He's never going to cough up that type of cash and he certainly has no intention of making a big signing.
[Reply]
George Liquor 04:56 PM 08-25-2023
How much did we pay Cecil, Leake, Matz, Andrew Miller, Wainwright, Justin Masterson and Greg Holland to be awful?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:04 PM 08-25-2023
Cardinal Excuses Inc. up and running again.

Bill DeWitt could set a billion dollars on FIRE and still be worth over a billion and still have more money than he or his children will ever spend.

This team makes, conservatively, $50 million/season when they draw around 3 million fans.

Fuck off with all this pity party bullshit for poor Bill DeWitt. He could absorb the $35 million 'damage' from a Strasburg mistake and STILL make an operating profit every year. To say nothing of the equity stake in his team.

God I hate the BFIB.
[Reply]
seclark 07:56 AM 08-26-2023
You gotta pay to play to win.
sec
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:24 PM 08-27-2023

Chase Davis puts a 6-RBI showing in the books 26 games into his pro career.

The #STLCards first-rounder doubles twice, walks twice for Single-A Palm Beach. pic.twitter.com/R7GAGzbFcb

— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) August 27, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:03 PM 08-27-2023
20-3 runs scored this weekend. Yet, Motter is in the lineup daily over Gorman and Waller at 3rd base. Their natural positions.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 02:46 PM 08-28-2023
20-3 runs scored this weekend. Yet, Motter is in the lineup daily over Gorman and Waller at 3rd base. Their natural positions.

They aren’t coming out to say it but they are in full tank mode at this point.
[Reply]
George Liquor 03:34 PM 08-28-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
They aren’t coming out to say it but they are in full tank mode at this point.
Good

I got SD -1.5 tonight if they're gonna suck they can at least win me some money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 AM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Kloffenstein is having a good year but this is his 2nd year in AA and 6th year a minor leaguer. Not sure how seriously he should be taken as a prospect at this point. Maybe he found something though.
He's 22.

Again, the Cardinals have 3 similarly situated (non-Hence) pitchers in their top 5 prospects right now; all 3 of whom have been in/out of various top 100 lists. Graceffo and McGreevy are both a level higher than Kloffenstein but both are a year older as well. Hjerpe is the same age but only in A+.

If any of those guys are prospects (and undoubtedly all of them are) there's no good faith basis to conclude that Kloffenstein isn't. Again, this isn't some former 20th rounder. This is a guy taken in the 3rd who smashed the signing bonus record for his slot. The pedigree is there, the age is on his side, he's young for his level (still) and he's demonstrated progression and success this season to go with plenty of 'projectability' given his size and arsenal.

That's a legit prospect under any reasonable analysis. Prospect Twitter be damned.
Kloffenstein was assigned directly to Memphis and had another really nice outing tonight; 5 IP, 7 Ks, 2 hits, 1 BB.

Now has his ERA down to 2.63 at Memphis.

I just think they prospect crowd slept on the kid. I put Kloff at 5th on our prospect lists after the deals were made - ahead of McGreavy and every other guy we got in at the deadline.

The MLB Pipline update had him at an absolutely foolish 25th. That was AFTER the deadline. Just a completely asinine ranking and tells me what I said before the update - they aren't paying attention to him. They wrote him off and that's that.

Maybe he's not THIS good, but he's a damn sight closer to where I had him than they did. I'd be surprised if a good faith analysis of the kid over the offseason doesn't have him at/near the top 10.

I see no reason at all to think he's not going to pitch in the big leagues next season.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:17 PM 08-31-2023
Kloffenstein was assigned directly to Memphis and had another really nice outing tonight; 5 IP, 7 Ks, 2 hits, 1 BB.

Now has his ERA down to 2.63 at Memphis.

I just think they prospect crowd slept on the kid. I put Kloff at 5th on our prospect lists after the deals were made - ahead of McGreavy and every other guy we got in at the deadline.

The MLB Pipline update had him at an absolutely foolish 25th. That was AFTER the deadline. Just a completely asinine ranking and tells me what I said before the update - they aren't paying attention to him. They wrote him off and that's that.

Maybe he's not THIS good, but he's a damn sight closer to where I had him than they did. I'd be surprised if a good faith analysis of the kid over the offseason doesn't have him at/near the top 10.

I see no reason at all to think he's not going to pitch in the big leagues next season.
We had better hurry up and trade him for a slap hitting utility infielder or an aging power hitter who strikes out every other at bat.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 120
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Up