ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 103
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:11 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Perfect. It seems you have little to be worried about.
Well, it's to be expected from you, but you were apparently too dumb to grasp the concept that I think his potential should be much, much greater than that and it's annoying that basic fundamentals and football IQ, things that are easily improved provided you have the desire to do so, are what is mostly holding him back.
[Reply]
philfree 03:11 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
The ball brushed his fingertips- I'm not asking the guy to lay out for an uncatchable pass.
I don't think we're talking about the same play maybe.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:12 PM 09-12-2022
I thought Hardman could’ve gone harder after both of them as it seemed to me he let up (and the second was literally right in front of me at the stadium).

I like Hardman and love his potential. But it’s eminently clear at this point that he and Patrick lack chemistry. And when you combine that with Hardman’s history of playing dumb, it’s so hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But like with Clark, I’m optimistic.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:14 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I have removed a lot of duct tape this year. :-)

My experiences of playing sports with no fear is exactly why I know Mecole made the correct decision there. No reason to risk season, or life altering, injury on the 5th play of the season.

Having to rely on pain killers to make it through the day is not a fun thing to live with.
Mahomes took the shot that injured his wrist just a few plays later. Should he have dirted that pass because taking the hit was risky?

Dudes tear their ACLs running routine routes that they've run 1,000 times with no issue. Hell, the play that hit Mahomes with the turf toe was probably the most innocuous thing ever.

It should be no issue for a WR to dive for a ball with no defender in front of him.
[Reply]
O.city 03:14 PM 09-12-2022
Do we have any video of the second deep ball you guys are talking about? I was in the pisser at the time.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:16 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I thought Hardman could’ve gone harder after both of them as it seemed to me he let up (and the second was literally right in front of me at the stadium).

I like Hardman and love his potential. But it’s eminently clear at this point that he and Patrick lack chemistry. And when you combine that with Hardman’s history of playing dumb, it’s so hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Agree with everything here.

He seems like a good dude and he's got so much talent.

I just don't see how anyone can think a WR, ANY WR, shouldn't dive for that ball there. That's like as routine as it gets.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:17 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

But like with Clark, I’m optimistic.
Lumping Hardman in with Clark is the most insulting thing anyone has said about him in this thread. Very rude and disrespectful.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:20 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Mahomes took the shot that injured his wrist just a few plays later. Should he have dirted that pass because taking the hit was risky?

Dudes tear their ACLs running routine routes that they've run 1,000 times with no issue. Hell, the play that hit Mahomes with the turf toe was probably the most innocuous thing ever.

It should be no issue for a WR to dive for a ball with no defender in front of him.
So you just explained why you don't lay out on the 5th play of the first game. So many natural chances of injury on every play. Why create more opportunities.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:22 PM 09-12-2022
Mahomes brought it up unprompted in his presser. Basically blamed himself for a bad throw.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:28 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Lumping Hardman in with Clark is the most insulting thing anyone has said about him in this thread. Very rude and disrespectful.
I mean he has a point. What has Mecole done as a receiver the last 2 years to warrant respect? Yea he had a few good deep balls.
Great. And Clark had a few sacks last year.

Like Clark, he’s been wasted potential the last few years. I don’t care about easy 3 yard screens, shovel passes or 2 yard TD’s outrunning injured corners on a well designed play.

He’s been very underwhelming. And like Clark I don’t think that’s changing
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:31 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I mean he has a point. What has Mecole done as a receiver the last 2 years to warrant respect? Yea he had a few good deep balls.
Great. And Clark had a few sacks last year.

Like Clark, he’s been wasted potential the last few years. I don’t care about easy 3 yard screens, shovel passes or 2 yard TD’s outrunning injured corners on a well designed play.

He’s been very underwhelming. And like Clark I don’t think that’s changing
Nah. As disappointing as Hardman may be at times Reid legit had to take Clark aside and give him the verbal tongue lashing typically reserved for parents lecturing their degenerate children.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:33 PM 09-12-2022
I'd just like to point that, at no time in his career, has Mecole Hardman been the highest-paid non-QB in the league.

Comparisons should probably stop there.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:34 PM 09-12-2022
Then Chiefs with Clark pre-Hardman never didn’t win a Super Bowl. The Hardman showed up and we can’t win a Super Bowl. Coincidence or???
[Reply]
RunKC 03:37 PM 09-12-2022
Nah. As disappointing as Hardman may be at times Reid legit had to take Clark aside and give him the verbal tongue lashing typically reserved for parents lecturing their degenerate children.
You must have missed last year when Hardman was basically benched for about a month.

Originally Posted by :
Wide receiver Mecole Hardman clearly started the year as the No. 2 option at receiver for Kansas City all the way up until a few weeks ago. After what could have been a costly fumble against the Green Bay Packers and two drops on top of that, it appears Hardman has finally fallen out of favor. In the last three games (Raiders, Cowboys, Broncos) Hardman has seen his snaps decrease from 24 against the Raiders, 12 against the Cowboys, to just 9 offensive plays most recently against the Broncos.

To throw salt in the wound of Mecole Hardman, he also appears to have lost his special teams returner role to cornerback Mike Hughes. Special teams coordinator Dave Toub even had some honest words about Hardman’s struggles as a returner from a fundamental standpoint.
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/12/...kc-chiefs/amp/
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:39 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Just curious, are there scenarios we can remember where mecole caught a difficult ball? Laying out, jumping, high pointing a ball, etc… I’m completely going off memory.

Because my concern isn’t about effort. I think he’s trying. I just wonder if he has the right receiver instincts to adjust to the ball. Tyreek was short but he routinely did this.

Again, completely going off memory so I could be misremembering
He had that diving catch in the back of the end zone on a Mahomes scramble that was pretty sweet.

But again, the ball was in FRONT of him. He didn't have to track it over his head, he caught it around his shins. He didn't have to meet the ball at its apex or anything like that.

Basically, if Hardman is FACING the ball when it's delivered, he's A-Ok. His eyes get time to focus, he can better prep for the ball. It's more like playing catch.

But when he has to meet the ball on a downfield pass, catch up to it, etc, it seems like he has a depth issue or something. He seemingly always misjudges the ball and/or his speed.

He doesn't track to get into position well.

You know how some people have shit depth perception when parking their car? Kinda reminds me of that.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 103
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Up