ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 791
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187587 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:33 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
any contract is a risk; but Collins is as solid a bet as there is. Plus player, has already thrived in this scheme under this coach, is 25, no injury history.

That's a guy you pay.
That’s how I see it.

On top of all that, you’re presumably cutting bait with your two defensive leaders of the last several years in Houston and Berry. So you need an alpha or two to come in and take those roles, and actually demand some accountability.

Collins is that guy. He wears a ‘C’ on his chest come playoff time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:37 PM 02-28-2019
Meh.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:37 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That’s how I see it.

On top of all that, you’re presumably cutting bait with your two defensive leaders of the last several years in Houston and Berry. So you need an alpha or two to come in and take those roles, and actually demand some accountability.

Collins is that guy. He wears a ‘C’ on his chest come playoff time.

Yep.

Also, and I don't know for a fact that this is true, but it would seem that in any kind of NFL scheme, it's tougher to play safety and I've heard it said slot corner than outside due to diagnosing responsibilities in real time. I mean as an outside corner, your responsibility on a play is more cut and dried.

So the place to have a veteran would seem more important at the safety position; and specifically your SS, right? I mean, he's going to have less time to diagnose due to his depth.

Collins is just to perfect a fit.

*speaking mentally of course; the football intelligence part of the game.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:40 PM 02-28-2019
Collins is 25 and a former All-Pro. Burnett was over 30 and never on his level.

He will get solid money, from the Chiefs IMO.
There are plenty of options at Safety under the age of 30. I like Collins, but 10+ on average is overpaying.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:40 PM 02-28-2019
Weren't we going to trade some other team's quarterback?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:40 PM 02-28-2019
Trade Houston.
June 1st cut Berry.
Cut Sorenson, Murray and Ragland.
Franchise Ford.

That still leaves you with $38 million in cap space this year.....and $89 million in cap space next year to work with.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:42 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Trade Houston.
June 1st cut Berry.
Franchise Ford.

That still leaves you with $38 million in cap space this year.....and $89 million in cap space next year to work with.
Gotta operate under the assumption that Jones and Hill will occupy somewhere between $35-40M of that $89M in space. But your point stands.

Plenty of space to get this roster locked and loaded for a big future.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:43 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Trade Houston.
June 1st cut Berry.
Franchise Ford.

And even MORE options when you trade Ford at the end of this season!

Hopefully.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:59 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yep.

Also, and I don't know for a fact that this is true, but it would seem that in any kind of NFL scheme, it's tougher to play safety and I've heard it said slot corner than outside due to diagnosing responsibilities in real time. I mean as an outside corner, your responsibility on a play is more cut and dried.

So the place to have a veteran would seem more important at the safety position; and specifically your SS, right? I mean, he's going to have less time to diagnose due to his depth.

Collins is just to perfect a fit.

*speaking mentally of course; the football intelligence part of the game.
All fair points I would say.

I mean, I’m not gonna be mad if they don’t sign Collins. But I’d much rather pay him than most guys at other positions.

You could very likely be adding a Pro Bowl/All-Pro level player for a handful of years. Something that will be much harder to find with KC drafting so low.

Plus, I just love that he’s kind’ve a bad ass that seemingly loves to play the game.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:15 PM 02-28-2019
Rams letting Suh and Joyner test FA market...any interest?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:17 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Rams letting Suh and Joyner test FA market...any interest?
Joyner? Sure.

Suh? No thanks.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:19 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Fuck.

I hate Sauto so bad right now.
I KNEW IT!!!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:02 AM 03-01-2019
Just read a Colts article on The Athletic from Stephen Holder, and to little surprise, you can forget Indy picking up Brown or Bell. Ballard and Reich both said that getting the right locker room fits was of the utmost importance and they would not risk the integrity of said locker room.

I’m not surprised personally. It’ll be interesting to see how this Colts model works, if they’re trying to primarily build the team around all good guys. I could see it working, but could also see it holding them back in terms of talent.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:12 AM 03-01-2019
Just read a Colts article on The Athletic from Stephen Holder, and to little surprise, you can forget Indy picking up Brown or Bell. Ballard and Reich both said that getting the right locker room fits was of the utmost importance and they would not risk the integrity of said locker room.

I’m not surprised personally. It’ll be interesting to see how this Colts model works, if they’re trying to primarily build the team around all good guys. I could see it working, but could also see it holding them back in terms of talent.
Chris Ballard is a good one.

I dont think he is much different from Dorsey or Veach with regard to the willingness to take risks on players.

And I'm really not that sure there is many teams interested in getting Brown and Bell.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:28 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Chris Ballard is a good one.

I dont think he is much different from Dorsey or Veach with regard to the willingness to take risks on players.

And I'm really not that sure there is many teams interested in getting Brown and Bell.
Based on his quotes yesterday (and Reich’s), they won’t take a chance on anyone who they think might be selfish or ‘rock the boat’ of their team cohesion. Again, I think it can be effective to a point because you have Luck. But this is the NFL, you better find some talent if you want to go the distance. I’m not saying have a bunch of dumbasses, and I wouldn’t even want Brown or Bell for his asking price, but you’ve gotta take some chances here and there IMO.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 791
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187587 > Last »
Up