ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 863 of 3903
« First < 363763813853859860861862863 86486586686787391396313631863 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 01:02 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It absolutely does.

Now I want you to think about what happens if a large section of the population around here loses power for more than a day or two under quarantine and with idiots running around acting desperate for things like toilet paper.
Yeah, that's when shit gets real. Especially if the outage affects cell service. Once the cellphones go people, particularly the younger generations, will really start to freak the fuck out. Information only from radios. Got batteries? Hope so. Food in the refrigerator will start to spoil, you won't be able to get gas, and if you don't have cash, how can you buy anything? Money in the bank won't mean shit if you can't access it.

This is when the zombies will start roaming the streets. And you'd better be stocked up on more than just toilet paper.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:04 PM 03-28-2020
I mean I don't think it's anything to worry about in MO.

But what if a tropical storm knocks out power for a week somewhere down south?

Fuck.
[Reply]
srvy 01:08 PM 03-28-2020
Just remember the utilities are designated essential its business as usual. Your power will be restored like always remain patient.

Its also the reason I haven't been laid off. A large engineering firm that does work for most of these folks.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:11 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I mean I don't think it's anything to worry about in MO.

But what if a tropical storm knocks out power for a week somewhere down south?

Fuck.
It's not the season for that sort of thing
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:19 PM 03-28-2020
By reading through this thread every day, I'd swear that when this moment happened in the movie, there are a few of you that jumped out of your seats clapping while weeping with joy...

Don't get me wrong, things are awful, but panicking at each little thing that happens isn't good for your mental health. Be fortunate you live in the US. We're so sheltered from other parts of the world that we're a little coddled. Just think if we had an event here like the tsunamis in japan or SriLanka (230,000+ people died in less than an hour in Sri Lanka)...but you know, out of sight, out of mind. Stay well, stay home, watch some TV (Tiger King), stop reading shit on the internet...once you step away from the computer, normal life starts to creep in if just for a little while.
[Reply]
Donger 01:19 PM 03-28-2020
12,322 new cases, with about 20 states not updated. 8,300 in NY and NJ again.
[Reply]
TLO 01:19 PM 03-28-2020
Updated Missouri numbers for the day

Cases in Missouri: 838

Total Deaths: 10

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 10,752
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:29 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Updated Missouri numbers for the day

Cases in Missouri: 838

Total Deaths: 10

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 10,752

If I was in Springfield I might start getting concerned. I know that they had quite a few cases in a nursing home ran by the same company in Washington where the first outbreak in the country happened.
[Reply]
O.city 01:31 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
If I was in Springfield I might start getting concerned. I know that they had quite a few cases in a nursing home ran by the same company in Washington where the first outbreak in the country happened.
Yeah all my surgeon buddies at the hospital said they’re expecting the wave to hit here in the next week

We’ll see
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:35 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think it is debatable. What is happening in NY may happen elsewhere and may not. We cannot say for sure that what is going on in NY will happen everywhere.
Yep. Planet Earth is a good example.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:35 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah all my surgeon buddies at the hospital said they’re expecting the wave to hit here in the next week

We’ll see

I am sorry..:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 01:39 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Pretty sure all four deaths here were from that nursing home.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:43 PM 03-28-2020
As of March 19th there were around 10k deaths worldwide. We have now passed 30k deaths worldwide.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:46 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
How do you all feel about the medical community asking for donations of standard medical necessities?
On one hand we all need to band together and help, on another I see a very rich class of people not preparing for the very things they should be prepared for to help the bottom line.
Will the medical community hospitals to be more specific be so generous as to not charge more than a nominal mark up on simple things line IVs?
I made that point earlier in the thread, but unfortunately, the members of the medical community who are dealing with the shortages aren't the people that allowed it.

Some feet need to be held to the fire at some point here, but it probably won't happen.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:47 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Pretty sure all four deaths here were from that nursing home.
Was told that exact same thing by a Cox employee.
[Reply]
Page 863 of 3903
« First < 363763813853859860861862863 86486586686787391396313631863 > Last »
Up