ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 861 of 3903
« First < 361761811851857858859860861 86286386486587191196113611861 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 11:58 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I would say forcing health care workers to work while they have a highly contagious virus because your system if overwhelmed is extremely ugly, but it's a free country and you're welcome to disagree.
Now here you go with some ****ing straw man. I never said that. I never said it wasn't happening in places. I said it doesn't mean it is going to happen everywhere.

JFC
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Now here you go with some ****ing straw man. I never said that. I never said it wasn't happening in places. I said it doesn't mean it is going to happen everywhere.

JFC
If this were a magic 8 ball and you asked this would it happen everywhere it would say, signs point to yes.
[Reply]
Otter 12:03 PM 03-28-2020

[Reply]
tk13 12:05 PM 03-28-2020

JFC
There's no straw man.

-You literally said we don't know if what happened in NY will happen elsewhere. Those were your exact words.

-I said it already is.

-You disagreed. I provided a clear example of where what's happening in NY is happening elsewhere, while saying I agree this country is way too big, it's not going to happen everywhere but it will happen elsewhere. There will be pockets where it becomes a major problem

-You disagree.

-I disagree and say a health care system failing people is ugly.

-You start throwing vague terms like "straw man" at me like we're in the DC forum, but they won't save you out here.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:06 PM 03-28-2020
I think it is debatable. What is happening in NY may happen elsewhere and may not. We cannot say for sure that what is going on in NY will happen everywhere.
Small communities are worse off. Fewer resources, far greater chance of total population interaction.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Small communities are worse off. Fewer resources, far greater chance of total population interaction.
When this thing hits drug ridden rural middle America that will be ugly...
[Reply]
petegz28 12:07 PM 03-28-2020
I think it is debatable. What is happening in NY may happen elsewhere and may not. We cannot say for sure that what is going on in NY will happen everywhere.
There's no straw man.

-You literally said we don't know if what happened in NY will happen elsewhere. Those were your exact words.

-I said it already is.

-You disagreed. I provided a clear example of where what's happening in NY is happening elsewhere, while saying I agree this country is way too big, it's not going to happen everywhere but it will happen elsewhere. There will be pockets where it becomes a problem

-You disagree.

-I disagree and say a health care system failing people is ugly.

-You start throwing vague terms like "straw man" at me like we're in the DC forum, but they won't save you out here.
There is what I said before you started accusing me of not caring about health workers and what not.
[Reply]
Donger 12:10 PM 03-28-2020
Fellas, I think we can all agree that this is putting tremendous strain on our health care workers. The scale, the sheer quantity, in NYC is of course not like a small town, but the suffering isn't limited to large metros.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 12:11 PM 03-28-2020
How do you all feel about the medical community asking for donations of standard medical necessities?
On one hand we all need to band together and help, on another I see a very rich class of people not preparing for the very things they should be prepared for to help the bottom line.
Will the medical community hospitals to be more specific be so generous as to not charge more than a nominal mark up on simple things line IVs?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:11 PM 03-28-2020

[Reply]
tk13 12:11 PM 03-28-2020
There is what I said before you started accusing me of not caring about health workers and what not.
You don't think it's ugly. That's fine. You're welcome to your opinion. There are a lot of people who think this is all stupid and want to get everything back to normal right away.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:13 PM 03-28-2020
You don't think it's ugly. That's fine. You're welcome to your opinion. There are a lot of people who think this is all stupid and want to get everything back to normal right away.
Once again with a straw man. Again, I never said that.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:15 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Distilleries here making hand sanitzier.

Companies switching to masks. Including Mypillow.
My girlfriend made some hand sanitizer using some concoction of rubbing alcohol and other ingredients...can't profess what that is.

Unfortunately, she put it in containers that look like butt plugs, so basically it's unusable to me, because, quite honestly, I don't need those questions right now....
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 PM 03-28-2020
Take a deep breath, everyone.

Especially you, milio4cpa. Lol
[Reply]
petegz28 12:17 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
My girlfriend made some hand sanitizer using some concoction of rubbing alcohol and other ingredients...can't profess what that is.

Unfortunately, she put it in containers that look like butt plugs, so basically it's unusable to me, because, quite honestly, I don't need those questions right now....
70% isopropyl alcohol
30% aloe vera gel
[Reply]
Page 861 of 3903
« First < 361761811851857858859860861 86286386486587191196113611861 > Last »
Up