ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 791
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186586 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:06 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The fact that they hired Kingsbury at all calls things into question. They gave Wilks one year and spent a top 10 pick on a QB. Now they're going to tear it all down and start over, after one year.

It just doesn't make any sense.
I agree on hiring and firing a coach in one year being stupid.

That being said, if you're going to hire a new coach like that I think all bets on prior personnel are null and void.

The question becomes, does the new coach like Murray better than Rosen?

Personally, I kinda do. In a spread-em-out type offense like Kingsbury runs? Absolutely. Murray's got that 'it' thing; only questions are height and experience.

I think Rosen's ceiling is somewhere around a Flacco type. I don't find that exciting or worth building around. IF Murray reaches his ceiling, it could be a Wilson/Mayfield type situation; clearly a QB to build around. You can probably pick up a late #1 for Rosen.

I'd do it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:08 PM 02-28-2019
There's a reason the Cardinals are widely regarded as a joke through most of its history
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:09 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I agree on hiring and firing a coach in one year being stupid.

That being said, if you're going to hire a new coach like that I think all bets on prior personnel are null and void.

The question becomes, does the new coach like Murray better than Rosen?

Personally, I kinda do. In a spread-em-out type offense like Kingsbury runs? Absolutely. Murray's got that 'it' thing; only questions are height and experience.

I think Rosen's ceiling is somewhere around a Flacco type. I don't find that exciting or worth building around. IF Murray reaches his ceiling, it could be a Wilson/Mayfield type situation; clearly a QB to build around. You can probably pick up a late #1 for Rosen.

I'd do it.
I agree.

I think best case scenario, Rosen is only average-ish in that system. But Murray might become a star within Kingsbury’s offense.

And if he doesn’t, maybe you get lucky and get to draft Lawrence in a couple of years or whatever.

I’m just an advocate for swinging big on QBs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:10 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
There's a reason the Cardinals are widely regarded as a joke through most of its history
troof.

the problem is the inconsistency. If you take each hire in a vacuum, then you give the new coach what he wants and roll with it.

You just can't scrap it all and do it again next year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:12 PM 02-28-2019
They'll convince themselves that Rosen is a good QB and not trade him just because the Patriots want him lol.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:14 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I agree.

I think best case scenario, Rosen is only average-ish in that system. But Murray might become a star within Kingsbury’s offense.

And if he doesn’t, maybe you get lucky and get to draft Lawrence in a couple of years or whatever.

I’m just an advocate for swinging big on QBs.
I think you have to. I don't know with the current rules emphasis that you can consistently contend without an elite QB. Literally nothing else matters if that's not in place.

Man, it feels good to be a gangster.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:18 PM 02-28-2019
as for Chiefs FA-
just something to think about.

An elite safety such as Landon Collins will get less money than Steven Nelson.

Forget Free agent corners. draft, develop. Grow your own. If you want FA impact in your secondary, sign a plus player at safety.
Barring some crazy offer from elsewhere, I bet Collins is a Chief within a few hours of hitting the market. It just makes too much sense for both sides.

I’d like a 4-5 year deal at $9-10M per realistically. If someone comes in wanting to pay him Berry money, I’d say no thanks and move on.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:21 PM 02-28-2019
Barring some crazy offer from elsewhere, I bet Collins is a Chief within a few hours of hitting the market. It just makes too much sense for both sides.

I’d like a 4-5 year deal at $9-10M per realistically. If someone comes in wanting to pay him Berry money, I’d say no thanks and move on.
I hope you’re right but I don’t see it happening
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:21 PM 02-28-2019
troof.

the problem is the inconsistency. If you take each hire in a vacuum, then you give the new coach what he wants and roll with it.

You just can't scrap it all and do it again next year.
Wilks was truly awful and that's like one of the few times I'll understand one and done. Why they didn't totally clean house, I have no idea. Why they didn't get guys that believe in Josh Rosen, once again I have no idea.

I'm not sold that Rosen is going to the Patriots because I think the main focus in NE is still trying to squeeze every last bit from Tom Brady.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:24 PM 02-28-2019

Landon Collins is a good player, but I think he's getting overvalued on CP. Morgan Burnett was another pretty good in the box safety and didn't get much in the open market last year.

I don't the FA safeties are going to rack up the bank this year.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:26 PM 02-28-2019
Landon Collins is a good player, but I think he's getting overvalued on CP. Morgan Burnett was another pretty good in the box safety and didn't get much in the open market last year.

Which is why its the perfect time to go get one!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:28 PM 02-28-2019
Wilks was truly awful and that's like one of the few times I'll understand one and done. Why they didn't totally clean house, I have no idea. Why they didn't get guys that believe in Josh Rosen, once again I have no idea.

I'm not sold that Rosen is going to the Patriots because I think the main focus in NE is still trying to squeeze every last bit from Tom Brady.
I agree. We sadly emboldened them. And now we're going to have to kick them from the playoffs until they get the message.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:30 PM 02-28-2019

Collins is 25 and a former All-Pro. Burnett was over 30 and never on his level.

He will get solid money, from the Chiefs IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:30 PM 02-28-2019

They have 6 picks in the top 100 and 12 overall. They have lots of flexibility.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:32 PM 02-28-2019
Collins is 25 and a former All-Pro. Burnett was over 30 and never on his level.

He will get solid money, from the Chiefs IMO.
any contract is a risk; but Collins is as solid a bet as there is. Plus player, has already thrived in this scheme under this coach, is 25, no injury history.

That's a guy you pay.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 791
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186586 > Last »
Up